1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Yes!

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I’ve often had the same sentiments but in all reality, a gain is a gain and playing in the penny stocks, you have to exit when you feel comfortable. There’s a lot of times I have those moments of “**** why did I get out with 40% gains when it ran to 200% in a week” but, I’d rather be that guy than the “**** I am a bag holder for ever now”!

Sajan, CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Ooh I'll try looking later, analyst price targets are high!

4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

100%, the missed opportunities to make more tend to stick in our heads, but gotta remember all the penny trash we didn't hold onto as well haha. I tried scrolling thru the discord sajan shared, my fav comment was "just buy anything below $1, there's very few of them left, they are all going to $1!!" Hahaha

Sajan, CCity Zero and davidio840 like this.
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

If I see the same volume I'm definitely going long on Monday. Dt only

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I got into it after I heard Cramer on Fast Money get a call about them and he said "we gotta get this company on". That usually means somewhere (don't know when) they may interview the CEO on the show. It's rare the stock goes down when the CEO is on the show (well, there was NKLA's current CEO... lol), so I'm just sayin' ... It may only go up a few percent or may go up and come down during the show, so, again... just sayin'...

saitou and CCity Zero like this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Definitely agree with you, I hope you've been continuing to kill it.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I'm sitting on one of those with JMIA. I'm trying to get ahead in stocks that are getting run up but I think may have a future. I bought JMIA kind of late (in the upper 20's or low 30's, I think), but thought I'd hold onto it forever. I decided to take profit in the 40's after I thought it was going to tank. It's been screaming up lately. :( There have been others... like... well, AMZN, but I've cried over that enough. :D

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Thank you for posting this too, and great point on the comment, haha.

saitou likes this.
  10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

not saying to buy bngo now, but
    Sometimes it's worth with buying back previous holds at higher price if your opinion/valuation of the company changes. I bought nndm at $2, sold at $6+ thinking no way this is worth triple what it was a month ago. Bought back in at $10 after doing more research and the latest $300m direct offering to institutions including ark at $9.50.

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Damn man, very nice moves and great point about going back in.

saitou likes this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

In about 20+ years of investing in individual stocks, this is the toughest thing I've probably had to do (along with timing when to sell a stock). I always buy half or 3/4 of my position initially to buy again if it goes down. My problem is most of the time I never buy again. My AAPL position was a 0.75 position, my NFLX position is a 0.5 position, my PLUG position is a 0.5 position (geez), etc. The only major position recently that I went back and bought more instead of selling when it tanked was GRWG, I think. I think Citron or somebody said to short the hell out of that thing back at $20'ish and I just bought more once it dropped (although I may have gotten stopped out first -- don't remember), and that one worked out.

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

On penny stocks, I've been dt'ing a bunch, but 2 that I tink have longer term potential are sens and chek. Sens may have bngo/nndm type potential. They need approvals, money/dilution and whether they can scale are all big question marks/red flags. I'm holding small positions only, they can go back to being trash, but I'm keeping an eye out for news catalysts.

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

I was in UAVS, FRSX Etc and rode it for what I thought were good gains at the time. 25-100%.
    We can’t hold every stock forever. ride it as a swing, go back in whenever it’s being pumped again. For every pump that last 1-2 days...there are/can be months of bag holding also if you stay too long.

I will go back into GME if there’s the same volume next week. Otherwise it’s going to slowly bleed.

Rodman23, CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I've got $3000 I'll be putting into something hopefully Monday, but likely Tuesday (due to the delay in transfering from AUS->US $ in my account)

I was looking at going all into ARKG, however are there any suggestions for cheaper shares which are looking like they're undervalued and will rise in the short term?

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

i don't think anyone here is qualified to give financial advice, we are mostly just retail normal ppl like you, so bear that in mind. based on fundamentals i actually think there are still lots of undervalued stocks out there, but they can stay undervalued for a long time w/o hype.

The tickers mentioned in here lately are likely to have some hype behind them. You could try looking more into those to see if you like them; If you like Ark, another tactic ppl have been using is to sign up for their trade alerts or use https://www.arktrack.com/ to see new buys or target their penny stocks which have more potential for upswings. Apparently this tactic has now expanded to blackrock - thanks @peleincubus lol

CCity Zero, peleincubus and Sajan like this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The average market cap on blackjack holdings is usually high as far as I know. That's why it caught my eye. The thing about investing is like a lot of things in life. The more you learn the more you realize you don't know or have forgotten.

CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  18. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

i think it's always a good question when investing in stock is... what are your hopes/plans? do you want to buy and hold for 10+years? do you want a gamble or safe bet? day trade? ride a hot stock?

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you're looking for SEC filings, look for any 13G or 13D filings with the SEC. If you have over 5% ownership in a company, you have to file one, although they can legally be delayed in reporting it. If I recall there's also some requirements if you own more than 10% of the shares, as well. I used to work with a guy that had a script to tell him of specific filings by large institutional investors. There are all sorts of research you can do with searchable public databases like this. There's another site we sometimes use to check out Phase 3 drug trials and upcoming results/reporting. I usually stay away from that, but another co-worker who's got a gambling and drinking (horrible combination unless it works) problem loves that site. LOL.

CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

what other $ printing strategies have you forgotten to tell us about. spill!