1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden's executive orders

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ryan_98, Jan 21, 2021.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

why do you say the US doesn't?

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Bc we are printing money at a rapid clip.
    More than a third of all dollars today were recently created. Yes we can print more but what do you mean update a ledger? You mean make more money in the ledger?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You new here? This isn't the ****ing Bronze age.

malakas, Andre0087 and saitou like this.
  4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You cite supply and demand and then simultaneously talk about how illegals make it all happen faster and don't take jobs from Americans. Maybe you should reconcile all of that. I'm glad to hear all the problems that are happening aren't actually happening because illegals pay sales taxes. Thanks man.

6. Major

Major Member

Of course they aren't children. DACA is meant for people who were brought over as children and all they know is the US as their home - it's not about them being children right now. If they were brought over as children prior to 2007, then they are going to mostly be adults right now.

There's also nothing to stop Biden from nuking the whole world and killing all mankind.

Rashmon and Nook like this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't think most people know they're not children which is why the Dreamer slogan is so effective, certainly in these threads the perception I see from people is that it's cruel to remove children from the only place they've ever known. When I posted the ages of these "Dreamers" nobody said a peep about it.

Right, the likelihoods are pretty close because Obama once nuked the whole world and killed all mankind too.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They didn't have printing presses back then.

10. Nook

Nook Member

#1 I don't think that most people believe Dreamers are 10 years old. Second do you have any idea what happens to people that are deported that do not speak the language of where they are deported to, that have no strong family or cultural identity with where they are sent? It isn't at all pretty, and further more Mexicans that grew up in the USA and go back to Mexico long term are often not treated well. The same thing is true with Poles as well.

Sending people back to another country that grew up here, consider themselves American, work and are productive here is extremely harsh and good for no one.

glynch, Rashmon, fchowd0311 and 2 others like this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Harsh but this would only encourage ppl to illegally enter and endanger children. This is a huge failure on Washington's part. Closing the gate on illegal immigration is a must for this very reason. Perhaps some residency can be worked out if they are law abiding dreamers but citizenship no.

12. Nook

Nook Member

It depends, are they contributing to the USA? Most of what I have read concludes that they are. The USA can adopt more stringent laws if they choose to, but I do believe that it isn't in the USA's best interest to send back all the illegal aliens in the USA that have been here long term, for a number of reasons.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They didn't have global markets either.

14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

i tried bro.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Labor market isn't flooded for min wage level labor which most illegals are seeking.

Who in this country who is hunting for a min wage job is struggling to find a job?

When people refer to "it's difficult to find a job" they mean it's difficult to find a job in the field they trained for with a respectable salary.

There never has been a shortage of min wage jobs. Any competent human can find a min wage job.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I worked with a Dreamer. This was during Obama's second term. She was a software engineer few years out of college.I wouldn't have known if the company didn't out her as a case for social justice. She had to live through the thought she'd be shipped out at any day and living a lie. She was more worried about her parents.

Never really asked what she thought about that spectacle because she was just like any other co-worker.

Guess she stole some Murcan or H1B jerb. Others probably stealing your service jerb too. Maybe it's a jerb for **** cleaning and picking vegetables. Who knows...

They're all thieves.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What you're stating there is the inflation multiplier. We've been fortunate not to experience inflation but artificially raising prices by limiting supply of a resource will lead to inflation.

I feel odd having to explain this to someone who claims to be conservative.

Anyway as stated with the example of the ND oil boom wages were already high because of such a high demand.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How do you explain then that for most of the last 10 years that we've had record low unemployment? If "illegals" were taking so many jobs from Americans why wasn't that reflected in unemployment numbers? I can tell you from first hand experience that the construction market was having trouble attracting enough people and a couple of years ago I had a large project delayed because of a shortage of labor.

19. Buck Turgidson

Can we Make This Thread Pertinent Again, and take the other talk to proper places?

arkoe likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Generally, a new President has a honeymoon period. This may be a bit higher than normal coming from the trump era...