1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jan 21, 2021.

1. verysimplejason

KP got the potential but hopefully he behaves himself.

chadyang likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I didn't know that. Is Mason Jones still on a 2 way contract? I want him to be on a 3 year contract.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  3. mightybosstone

Somebody may have answered this question already, but who has time to read through 23 pages? Did Houston have to cut or waive anyone to find a roster spot for Porter? I'm just curious if another accompanying move is on the horizon.

saleem likes this.
  4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

They cut Clemons.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Clemons is cut to make room for KPJ.

D-rock, saleem and mightybosstone like this.
  6. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

Oh we're doing the "presumed innocent "debate today?

coachbadlee likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes, he's currently on a 2-way. To sign him for the rest of the year, someone else has to go on the roster.

saleem and linvetb6 like this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Hoping we eventually trade away Tucker and House.

napalm06 likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If Cousins felt disrespected by Harden's comments just wait until he gets cut for Mason Jones. lol

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What exactly says he has serious mental issues? The fact that he was 19 and driving around with a gun and Mary Jane in the car - LOL - no!

The fact that the team welcomed him back and put him in an AUXILLARY locker room - that is disrespectful - they should know better.

What says mental issues?

DD

Joe Rocket likes this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

his hairdo

look man , I’m hopeful he pans out . But , teams don’t just cut (or trade for nothing ) last year’s first round pick. Not over one incident .

there has already been a piece on how JL is gonna mentor this guy .

he has some serious concerns , otherwise with his talent level he wouldn’t have come at that price .

mental illness , character concerns , none of us are psychiatrists.

I mean bro , I wouldn’t drive around with a gun and MJ in the car ... not at 16 not now . It’s just throwing caution to the wind . Granted if the firearm was his and legally registered then it’s more excusable (especially given my feelings towards MJ ) but still ... you are just asking for something bad to happen to you .

I get moving the locker can be disrespectful, but it’s not like he’s a superstar on their team . Apparently he wasn’t with the team . If you’re pissed about the locker , say something and prove it on the court . Then leave in FA and cite the disrespect. It’s not like anything was stolen from his locker .

It’s the nba . At some level you should be grateful to be there and be able to put your pride aside and cool off for a minute .

Like I said earlier , one incident doesn’t concern me . But , unless he was straight up out of control over this then there are other issues too ... and if he was uncontrollably furious then that’s also a red flag.

Just my 2 cents , I hope he does pan out here . But I’m worried it’s just another thing on Silas’ plate to deal with

MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

And yet he still plays his starters too many minutes.

Especially PJ Tucker, Christian Wood and John Wall.

2 of those players are now out nursing injuries that were exacerbated by playing too long.

chadyang likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

How about the fact that he punched a woman in the face and that he's been either suspsended or kicked out of every team that he's played for.

He had BEEN AWAY FROM THE TEAM. Do you think people do that for no reason? He threw food and got into it with the GM, you dont do that if you are emotionally stable.

What says mental health issues? Everything about him. Look at his history, he has had problems with every team he has been on. Why do you continue to post things ignoring reality. Im really just so disappointed in you right now.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  14. DaDakota

@snowconeman22

I hear ya, not saying he will pan out - but saying we got him for NOTHING and that is amazing, might as well take a free look.

DD

snowconeman22 and Scarface like this.
  15. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I guess Morey and Stone have similar fetish’s.

16. DaDakota

What that says to me is that he is an immature kid, who may be rebelling - and needs to grow up - I don't know the facts of any of that, neither do you......

But I know that most kids at 19 are piss full of vinegar and majorly lack maturity......especially those that grow up in poverty........

So, I am more than HAPPY to take a shot at his talent and see if he can mature - do I think it will, dunno, my guess is 50/50.......but to get his talent and get it for free - and have people on staff who have successfully mentored and have gone through major life crisis's themselves - yep, willing to give it a go.

I think he has a much better chance than Royce White

DD

ktbballplaya likes this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

No, I'm strongly suggesting that not being convicted is FAR from being found innocent.

Even when they're reading the jury's verdict, they say, "We find the defendant NOT GUILTY of {insert crime}." OJ wasn't found innocent, he was found not guilty. It's a legal term that has nothing whatsoever to do with innocence. People just wrongly infer that they're the same thing.

Easy and MettaWorldPete like this.
  18. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I love it

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Bingo

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You know how we do.

lkrockets likes this.