1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jan 21, 2021.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

given our injury problems, It hasn’t really been an issue yet.

I think there’s a good chance Oladipo, McLemore, Nwaba, Tucker and maybe Gordon are gone by mid-March, so the minutes will be there eventually. I wouldn’t worry too much about the roster crunch right now.

Ramo$e and RudyTBag like this.
  2. CXbby

CXbby Member

What does that mean "without knowing he was guilty"? There are no charges against him currently, he is not under any legal trouble. The people whos jobs it is to determine if he is guilty or not have already deemed him innocent. The Cavs don't get to make up their own reality. There is perception though, and just by being accused the Cavs want to distance themselves to uphold their public image. The kid blew up on them because of that, thinking he was benched for no fault of his own, and that's why he was dumped.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

a very intriguing prospect. Funny enough, my one complaint from the Harden deal is we didn’t get a prospect with big upside, and then one falls into our laps a week later. Obviously there’s more to it than that. Just cross our fingers he’s not a hopeless cause.

D-rock, hakeem94, Ramo$e and 4 others like this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Please don't let this be a Royce White / Eddie Griffin sort of thing.

saleem, DrNuegebauer, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  5. vator

vator Contributing Member

I mean it could be. There are plenty of guys that flame out, but he wouldn't be the first person to come into the league with baggage, have a rocky start, and eventually end up having a long and fairly successful career. Vernon Maxwell and JR "Earl" Smith immediately come to mind, but there are many more. On the bright side, we gave up nothing to give him a second chance.

saleem, Ramo$e and Deckard like this.
  6. AXG

AXG Member

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

There's a good chance it will, but unlike those guys Porter doesn't cost us a first round pick(s). It's not like we're a contender where he can ruin our chances in the postseason if we rely on him either. This is a risk free move unless I'm missing something.

No Worries, Ramo$e, ROXTXIA and 2 others like this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AND THE KID IS 20...

His brain is literally not done forming yet.

I can't imagine a better tag team to become a good man than Stephen Silas and John Lucas.

We are about to have some DOGS with Kevin Porter Jr. and Jae'Sean Tate... Let's GOOOOO!

9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Sorry if this was already answered, haven't read all 21 pages, but do we know how soon he can play?

hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  10. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

With Lucas, Wall, Oladipo, Tucker and Cousins as mentors this kid could get it together. At 20, the kid has a great upside and a fresh start.

DaDakota and Ramo$e like this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Some nights, Silas plays everybody on the bench.

I'm just saying.

DreamShook, BigShasta and Ramo$e like this.
  12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Everybody is out. He has no bench. lol

No Worries likes this.
  13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

If KPjr was just a D guy to guard Lebron this trade was a win. We needed young athletic defensive players, but the iso handles, and making shots at 6'5 is just icing on the cake. Hopefully he see's a second chance and takes it seriously. Can we get rid of House now?

BossHogg713 likes this.
  14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Can’t wait to see him yelling at Tilman Jr. at the court side.

15. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No. No word on whether physicals have been done and the trade is complete or not. Also not clear what COVID protocols he'll have to go through.

harold bingo and D-rock like this.
  17. MettaWorldPete

The decision not to prosecute isn’t made based on a conclusion that the defendant is innocent, it’s that it isn’t worth the resources because it will be hard to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. This is of course an especially common issue when the witnesses won’t cooperate.

Could he be innocent? Sure. But I’m a little skeptical given his obvious anger issues. Disappointed to see him on the squad.

HP3 and justtxyank like this.
  18. Elvin Hayes

Elvin Hayes Member

Low risk, high reward . . . but I suspect he'll be out of the league in a year or two.

saleem likes this.
  19. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I’d like to imagine my stone meme layed back on a beach with chest hair flowing... his bald head glistening in the sun as he orders another round from a harden-esque mamasita ... hiding a big grin behind a nice fat Cuban Cigar

BamBam and hakeem94 like this.