1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Welcome back James Harden..... Please give this man Gordon's locker and tell Gordon he can gtfo...

Fantasma Negro and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah, it seems like the Cavs handled this in a very passive aggressive way. If they don't want him on the team, just waive him, don't move his locker to a closet. Very weird.

D-rock, Plowman and hakeem94 like this.
  3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Yes of course but wondering if he could play with Oladipo and Gordon at the same time, for example. I would assume yes since he can rebound fairly well. Just trying to figure out a way for him to get minutes to see what we have in him. Don't think we should just throw him in the lineup but maybe see how he is working in practice and see if he can earn minutes.

Right now, I don't see who he could take minutes from since all of the guards are deserving, even Nwaba but he and/or Mclemore may be the odd men out if we want to give minutes to Porter quickly. Now, if we can trade Gordon then minutes would open up even more. Maybe we can trade Mclemore after his next 20 point game for (1) or (2) 2nd's or another young piece.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

"YouTube research"? That's the police body cam footage of the actual accuser, a skank ass hoe, filing the police report. Do any of those idiots look like they just got "punched in the face" by a 6'5 220 pound nba player? Also the cavaliers wouldn't know more about this incident unless they were at the altercation themselves, that's literally the police report live.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I think he'd slot in fine as a backup 3. His wingspan is like 6'9.

Wall / Gordon
    VO / Jones / Brown
    Tate / Porter Jr.
    Tucker / Nwaba
    Wood / Cousins

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

HAHAHAHAH!

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Lawson was a different thing he was a good player before he got to the rockets this kids talent hasn't been shown in the league like Lawson's was let's just hope he can become the player we need one this team to help get wins.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  8. finsraider

finsraider Member

I think he would be fine either way. He’s definitely a cutter/lob threat. Almost half of his 2s were assisted and 75% of his 3s, so he seems like a guy comfortable off ball.

No Worries likes this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Could be wrong, but I doubt we ongoing have a 11 man rotation. One or two of those guys will ride the bench. Of course, we have guys missing every night so having 11 guys that CAN be there is a good thing.

Can I say it again? WE NEED MORE BIGS!

No Worries likes this.
  10. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic say hello! But really though there's a reason why its low risk...

saleem likes this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

OJ Simpson likes the cut of your jib! Then again, OJ is pretty big on cuts and slices in general.

And I'm sure he resents being cancelled by snowflakes just because he got away with murdering someone.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Silas is the anti MDA, he plays too many people.

hakeem94, No Worries and BossHogg713 like this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His ball handling is pretty good too. He can draw fouls and finish at the rim pretty well and grab a few steals.

hakeem94 and finsraider like this.
  14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

If he can get his act together, he has lottery talent.

hakeem94, MrButtocks and BossHogg713 like this.
  15. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Where does House fit in to all of this? It is understandable to leave him out but sounds like he will return soon and I expect him to play at least respectable the rest of the season. He is a good role player when focused so let's not completely count him out yet even though I will never forgive him for what he did in the Lakers series especially because he was playing so damn well. He can rebound the ball well, shoot the open three well, get out in transition well, and (typically) play good defense although he gets lost on D too much.

Ideally, we would trade House, Gordon, Tucker and McLemore soon but easier said than done. Sadly, those are the last remaining pieces from the Harden era but they will soon be outed as mediocre players that were made better by James Harden although Gordon and maybe House will likely shine a little brighter due to increased usage. Nwaba and Brown could be good trade pieces too but wouldn't mind keeping them especially Brown since he is still fairly young and seems like he is improving with an expanded role. Definitely need to balance out the roster soon with all of these guards and lack of bigs especially if Wood is going to miss some time with an ankle injury. If the goal is to tank, then we will likely not try to acquire any bigs anytime soon. That will be an indication on where Stone is heading going into the trade deadline.

Wall / Brown / Jones
    VO / Gordon / Porter Jr. / Bmac
    House / Tate / Porter Jr. / Nwaba
    Tucker / Tate / Nwaba
    Wood / Cousins

16. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Good point. I think it's really the place he got drafted + his immaturity. He hasn't played with veteran guys he idolized as a kid, (I am sure he doesn't care for Kevin Love)

John Wall will be in his ear all day. He needs someone to teach him what it's like to be a NBA player, the talent is all there.

17. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

He is easily a top 5 draft pick.

hakeem94 and BamBam like this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

Are you suggesting everyone who gets accused is guilty like OJ?

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So you are saying that the Cavs dumped him without knowing he was guilty, giving up a talent for no good reason? Sure the Cavs might not be the smartest organization. But really?

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

True so true it's going to be a rough ride this year but it's starting to look like it can be better get some playing time together and grow this is a young team with good vets to help them along with any luck maybe a play in team this year and a force next year.

BossHogg713 likes this.