1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] 30 Coins

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jan 22, 2021.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Father Vergara, an exorcist, boxer and ex-convict exiled to a remote town in Spain, enlists the help of the mayor and a veterinarian when a series of paranormal phenomena begins to occur.

Wife and I watched the first 4 episodes of this and were really impressed....didn't know anything about it but its really fun, the characters are pretty great....

The first episode will either sell you on it or turn you off within the first 30 mins.....

peleincubus likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Totally unrealistic.

They're all speaking Latin and everyone knows that's a dead language

#2 Xerobull, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Jontro, jiggyfly and GRENDEL like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Not another bitcoin show.

4. Buck Turgidson

Glad you're liking it, I've got them dvr'ing but haven't started watching yet.

GRENDEL likes this.
  5. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Is this a documentary about arcades?

Jontro, jiggyfly and boomboom like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sold!

jiggyfly and K mf G like this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

that looks worth watching. thanks!

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

Great show. The guy who plays Lito from Sense8 is in it and he makes it work.

gfab-babyboi and GRENDEL like this.
  9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

This is my new favorite show. So good, and I don't like scary shows. For me, I think it's religion and the story...I would highly recommend this, even if you don't understand Spanish and have to read the subtitles...

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

show is great. and the main character is Smoking hot. i mean lava hot

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ziggy, Kim, Entropy and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

coins are heavy on the wallet. i prefer plastic anyway than cash

12. GRENDEL

Pretty excited to hear season 2 is coming, really enjoyed the first.....

K mf G likes this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

14. GRENDEL

Season 2 is finally coming out in October for anyone who's interested.....

The second season of HBO Original Series “30 Coins” will arrive just in time for Halloween this year, and the brand new trailer and poster unveiled today invites you to join the second season in Hell.

The eight-episode season of the acclaimed horror series, produced by HBO Europe in Spain, will air on HBO and will be available to stream on Max this October.

Directed and co-written by acclaimed horror master Álex de la Iglesia (The Day of the Beast, Witching & b****ing, The Last Circus), HBO Max‘s “30 Coins” takes viewers into a world where nothing is as it seems, and nobody can be trusted. De la Iglesia co-writes the series with Jorge Guerricaechevarria.

Check out the new trailer below to get a peek at new demons, bug-like creatures, and characters, including Paul Giamatti’s Christian Barbrow.

The eight-episode first season follows Father Vergara (Eduard Fernández), an exorcist, boxer, an ex-convict who is exiled by the church as the priest of a remote town in Spain. As his past and old enemies come back to haunt him, strange things begin to happen. An unlikely task force forms as Mayor Paco (Miguel Ángel Silvestre) and local vet Elena (Megan Montaner) seek the truth, while reality is distorted by a cursed coin which is at the heart of a global conspiracy.

As for what to expect in Season Two: “Most residents of Pedraza, a remote town in Spain plagued by inexplicable, demonic events, have lost their minds and are confined to a psychiatric hospital. Elena lies comatose in a Madrid hospital bed; Paco, shattered by remorse, tries to take care of her. As horror intensifies around them, our group of heroes must face a mysterious new enemy (Giamatti) – someone so perverse that even the devil fears him.”

Macarena Gómez, Pepón Nieto, Cósimo Fusco, Manolo Solo, Nuria González, Javier Bódalo, Manuel Tallafé, and Najwa Nimri also star.

Season one ended with some massive lingering questions. What happened to Father Vergara? How will the town pick up the pieces in the aftermath of one wild journey? It sure seems like things are crazier than ever in the trailer. More importantly, what insane demonic creatures will de la Iglesia and Guerricaechevarria come up with next?

Catch up on “30 Coins” Season One, including our review, on HBO Max.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3769954/30-coins-season-two-trailer/

Rashmon and K mf G like this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

I enjoyed it until the last episode which just went off the rails.