1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd Trump Impeachment Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Twitter effectively killed his brand. He could have recouped some via email but that would take work and organization. Narcissists are by nature control freaks and are terrible at delegating (because everyone else sucks, of course), so shifting to a platform that requires an organizational structure wasn't in the cards. He will probably make a comeback once Parler is back up but it won't be at his Twitter levels especially if there's not an app. People are lazy and require very simple solutions or they drop off... @heypartner

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They're trying to stay relevant by signing Pippen, they need to trade what they have for draft picks and rebuild for 2028.

malakas, Dubious and DonnyMost like this.
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I believe its better to view Trump as the guy who openly believes the rules do not belong to the elite. Therefore he will test every rule to get his way. Its what runaway crony capitalism is all about. Unfortunately politicians can not afford this luxury. Therefore they must pretend to care. Its seems very shocking to see the politician side of Trump openly lie and make up bullshit to get what he wants. This is not sustainable in any political system.

Republicans simply capitalized on the opportunity and aligned with the enemy of their enemy. Now that Trump is of no use (and vice versa), they are abandoning each other, much like the Proud Boys.

Whichever group of leaders who finally gets together to reject the corruption and actually start dealing with the issues at hand will dominate, regardless of which flag flys over Washington.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Mcconnell is not voting his conscious it's a tactic like everything else he does.

Dubious likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah that was definitely saying the quiet part out loud.

I am amazed they are taking on Turtle, threatening his leadership.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The more the radicals threaten the leadership, the less influence they will have ..... for this session anyway since all the votes are in. McConnel will not give them plum committee assignments and the moderates will work with the Democrats to have any influence on legislation.

It will be interesting how republicans campaign for the 2022 midterms. Radicals calling moderates spineless rhino's and moderates painting radicals as .... nuts?

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

WTF if the next President does that it SHOULD happen to him/her too...

Cornyn is such a moron!

DD

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that is a really stupid remark. SMH

DaDakota likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess it'll depend on how we rebound from covid and how stable the economy still is after a near decade of free near zero interest money for the wealthy and now middle classes. A positive economy that supports low income people will likely taper down Trumpist insurrectionists, but who know how the other Cons react when money is rained on everyone rather than only them...

Home sales have been unusually strong while half million+ people are unemployed (900k at last count). I wouldn't be surprised if people started to over leverage and take on another project to flip.

That's how lucrative the free sucker money (...you're one if you don't take it) is right now.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. Dubious

NEW: Trump's Senate impeachment trial will begin on TUESDAY
    Chuck Schumer announced the House will deliver the article of impeachment on Monday, and the Senate is constitutionally required to begin the impeachment trial at 1p.m. the next day https://t.co/UU5twwV9EQ

13. Dubious

Holy crap! Let the games begin.

I don't think they'll have the votes to convict, I just don't think Republicans would do that. But it will give election opponents red meat to throw the voters. They'll be able to rant and rave about their support for lying and insurrection.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don’t get this but guess they decided to yank the bandaid off ASAP. Waiting 100 days would have revealed so much more information about the 6th.

mikol13 and ElPigto like this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. Any of those voting against Impeachment is basically saying they support lying propaganda spreading incitement of radicals by a President, and will be traitors in the eyes of voters who actually believe this is not what they want from a leader of their country. I would have to hope that is the majority, and the Democratic opponent would win by an even bigger landslide.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Let's see if McConnell has enough votes to prevent Trump from ever holding office again.

mikol13 likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, I don't understand the rush. Maybe, since they have Mitch on-board, they want to strike while the iron is hot?

mikol13 and B-Bob like this.
  18. Dubious

The American people might accept it better now, before the memory fades. And the evidence is pretty simple in Trumps case, you just roll the tape. The defense will rest on the ambiguity of his statements since he never actually said "go riot at the Capitol Building", and that scares me. It's makes a no vote defensible.

Must see TV next week!

joshuaao likes this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

They may have some strong communication with him about votes. Or they may recognize they will never have enough votes, so let's get through this and start showing the American people real work on the way to 2022, (for both moderate GOP and most dems alike).

No Worries and ElPigto like this.
  20. Dubious

Mitch needs to deliver 17 votes? Out of 50?

No Worries likes this.