1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jan 21, 2021.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He wasn't proven innocent. Nothing was proven because the charges were dropped. For all we know he paid the girl money and she declined to go forward. Teams know way more about these situation than you or I do. They don't rely on a court ruling, they get to the facts. They know what is going on with him.

Also, it's not lost on me the irony of you throwing out "innocent until proven guilty" and then calling his accuser a random skank trying to get money.

The Cavaliers have wanted to make it work with KPJ because they know how talented he is. He's been suspended every where he has ever played dating back to high school. He posted on social media about suicide. It's just ridiculous to pretend that he's just a good kid being screwed by a big bad NBA team that wants to punish him for no reason because a "skank" tried to ruin his life.

slothy420, topfive, YOLO and 3 others like this.
  2. DaneB

DaneB Member

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

He looks like a big 2, small 3. I don’t think the distinction is super relevant in the modern NBA.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. CXbby

CXbby Member

It's not irony. One of us have actually looked into it.

Bunch of hoes off the corner of the street. The b**** literally says she wants to ruin his life.

Also in this country, when you can't prove someone is guilty, that means they are innocent - that's what innocent until proven guilty means, the burden of proof is on the accuser.

5. justtxyank

In a court of law.

For the record I am not saying definitively whether he is innocent or guilty. I don't know. The Cavs no more about this than you do based on your youtube research. What I am definitively saying is that he is not a victim of mistreatment by the Cavs organization.

slothy420 likes this.
  6. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I think DeMarcus Cousin and John Wall will be a huge mentor to him. Cousins would slap him in his face if he acted up and he doesnt have that in Cleveland. This is the perfect place for him to grow and see how other rich athletes live life.

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

If Lucas can get in his ear and pull the talent out of him this will be a good trade for the Rockets.

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Hmm. A little worrisome. I mean, I'm all for adding talented players, and I hope he can turn things around (Clutch mentioned the example of Vernon Maxwell on Twitter). However, your description gives me strong Eddie Griffin vibes. Hope this is not the case.

Easy, topfive and justtxyank like this.
  9. justtxyank

Just to be clear, I'm not saying they shouldn't give it a shot. These arguments sometimes polarize a discussion in a way that isn't necessary.

1) He's very talented so why not try?
    2) I always root for people who are troubled to get it together. Who doesn't like a redemption story arch?

topfive, BossHogg713 and Patience like this.
  10. CXbby

CXbby Member

No, in life. Just because someone spouts their mouth off doesn't make it true. Well, maybe it just used to be that way. In this snowflake cancel culture we have now it may not be the case anymore.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Agreed. And Eddie Griffin is sort of a "worst case scenario." There are also a ton of examples of guys turning things around in a new situation.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

14. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

This is literally the exact opposite of canceling someone. Your whole point is that people are assuming he did it, AND THEY ARE STILL GIVING HIM A CHANCE.

15. aristophanes34

No, bro... Real drafts do not snake like fantasy drafts.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I like it.

Is he a lefty? That jumpshot is mysterious!

BossHogg713 likes this.
  17. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

He did a great job on Ty Lawson. *Crickets*

18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

yeah I didn't pay attention to the draft last year because we didn't have a pick. It's been a minute lol

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Um, the Cleveland cavaliers?

20. pippsux

pippsux Member

Okay okay
    Young talent too, okay