1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"New Study Names Houston Worst Place in Texas"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcao, Jan 22, 2021.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

A NEW STUDY FROM TWO YEARS AGO.

A STUDY BASED ON RAISING A FAMILY.

@Clutch lock ban delete

Boki4MvP and Richie_Rich like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

I have lived all over the USA and I have lived outside the USA.

Who cares what "wallethub" has to say.

No, I would not take a vacation to Houston on cities like NYC or Boston, but that doesn't mean that I would rather live those places.

Houston is one of the best places in the USA to live in my experience.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I guess you haven't lived many places because......... New Yorkers hate everyone, Californians hate everyone..... same with Chicago as well. I have lived all of these places. Harden left because the Rockets were not title contenders, Watson wants to leave because the owner of the Texans is terrible.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

"New study says derpy nonsense, film at 11"

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

People don't understand how hungover Harden is going to be for the next two or three years when he plays against Houston.

Anyone who doesn't know how great Houston is didn't put in the effort. It's a city you have to look for, it doesn't necessarily come to you. There is something for everyone and it's a reasonable cost of living. It's a rewarding place to live. Only unique downsides to me are the heat, mosquitos and hurricanes. Those are terrible negatives but out of Phoenix and Houston (the only two major cities I've lived in, although I've visited cities all over the world) I would live in Houston 10/10 times. I have no desire to leave and have more than enough ability to do so.

Austin is a cool place and I understand why people like to live there. I have friends who live there and I visit five or so times a year. It's also too small for the amount of people who are already there and are going to be coming. The cost of living is also going to keep going up. If you own there, you are lucky to be ahead of the incoming California pricing. Houston has so much room for growth and sometimes it's just fun to live in a place where the possibilities are endless vs a place where you know what's next at this point. Austin was a lot cooler 10 years ago and I'm sure it's cooler today than it will be in 10 years.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I disagree

saleem likes this.
  7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He could tell you, but you wouldn't believe it.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Mark Cuban trying to do a hit job on HTown! Day after we steal KPorter Jr.! Coincidence?? I think not!!

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Pandemic, the great leveller.

10. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Yep. Austin is great for drinking and outdoors stuff, but lacks much substance under that (or at least the authenticity has decreased significantly in the past 20-30 years). It's also not particularly diverse, demographically or culturally (I also miss Houston's food options tbh)

Houston's biggest issue is that it's a commuter city...it has many pockets of culture, you just have to know where to go. It just doesn't "hit" you like it does when you land in say, NY or LA.

Entropy and ElPigto like this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Spend some time in Beaumont. I dare you.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. TimDuncanDonaut

You won't believe what this TV sitcom star looks like today.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, Houston is an awesome city. Full of diversity, nice people and great health care services.

15. TimDuncanDonaut

Rejoice, it's not Cleveland.

s3ts likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Post this in the D&D or Hangout

@Falcao

Ubiquitin likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

only 2 places in TX I could live in are Houston and Austin...I’m good on everywhere else

Invisible Fan likes this.
  18. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

used to love Austin, but last few years it's been crap, now back to Houston, but mostly at home, i don't know how much different it is from 15 years ago

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Houston is the new Cleveland Dallas

Ubiquitin likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly, I have spent a lot of time in Los Angeles lately. I have always liked Los Angeles but it has gone to hell in a lot of ways. The divide between the rich and the poor just continues to get larger. There are very few true middle class people in the city. In fairness most of the homeless people are not from California...... but it is still a major problem. They are not limited to just Skid Row either. Heroin is a major problem in the city as well.

Ubiquitin and Invisible Fan like this.