1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jan 21, 2021.

1. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Hey. Yes, I am an expat. I spent a year in Mendoza, Argentina than found my forever home in Medellin. The people here are amazing. The food will get you very fat, which is a good thing. The women are the best. I was lucky to snag a blue-eyed paisa. The levels of crime are very overstated. The weather is obvio the best as it is Spring all year round! Public transportation is amazing! If you have specific questions, I can give you my contact information. I have lived all over the world, and there is no better place than Medellin. I would love to have a Rocket hermano here!

Also, you may be thinking to live in El Poblado, but no. IMO, the best barrio is Laureles. If you are serious, contact me and I can help you with anything you need or any question you have. However, please bring some good beers to share because beer here is caca.

#261 ThrillaNManilla, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  2. ThrillaNManilla

I sent you my e-mail. The stay on a passport for a USA citizen is up to six months(starts at three months), but I can help you with extending that if you want.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Can we add J.R. Smith and Nick Young to the roster as well?

I would do it for entertainment purposes! :)

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Just saying. We had posters that been btching about harden being a diva and how he fks up team chemistry and what not. Now we have the same posters celebrating trading for a dude who has even more off court issues.

Cancer is cancer, reclaimination projects only worked when harden was here. We don't have the support system for this new cancer.

5. ThrillaNManilla

Hey Dat,

Why do reclamation projects only work when Harden was here? I think the opposite is true now. We, as in the ROX, have the flexibility to take a flyer on a player no matter his baggage. We gave up nothing for Kev, so if he is toxic, we can waive him. This is the perfect time to take a chance on a highly skilled player who has baggage. He is literally free for us. The difference is we are not contending this year, at all, so we can take risks to team chemistry in favor of getting a "troubled" yet promising player. He looks like a baller, man.

Salud,

Tomas

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Agree. Nows the time to take on prospects not when you are contending for a ring.

7. ThrillaNManilla

I do not understand why this is not obvious and the best way foreword to building team and/or compiling assets.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

People just want to hate on the Rox for the sake of it. If Stone does something they automatically look on the bad side. Even a move that costs us a protected 2nd round pick is a terrible move lol.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  9. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting article from Bleacher report that does a re-draft of the 2019 Draft after the season. KPJ is 14th.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2891822-re-drafting-the-2019-nba-draft-class.

Also, I found another article that had a video of KPJ lighting up the Rockets last year. I watched it to get hyped, but it was a full game highlights video and Harden scored 55. Harden was unstoppable in the clutch. Needless to say, it was a downer.

10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Cleveland is actually pretty lucky that he didn't burn down the arena.

11. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I'm not a big fan of the move, but I'll be hoping for the best. I was pretty dumb at 20 too.

Williamson and pippendagimp like this.
  12. Fantasma Negro

John Lucas get to work

DonKnock, sushimaster, vator and 2 others like this.
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his talent is unquestionable

but very immature, even on the court -- quite often gesturing for teammates to pass him the ball

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The move isn't bad per se, I just find it funny that we have people btching up and down that Harden is a diva, and we still go for someone who has off the court issue and we have said same posters praising it.

Team chemistry is important blah blah blah, proceeds to grab this dude, goes to show posters don't really care about diva behavior as long as the player didn't want to leave.

Nook likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Stone is desperate, but he does recognize talent. I'm fairly confident that he will make the right choice, if we end up with the 4th pick in the upcoming draft.

hakeem94, rockets1995 and D-rock like this.
  16. hakeemthagreat

Josh Smith?

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

So he and Kurucs have things to talk about.

No one is whining about all the repeated domestic abuses that has dogged Rodions.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm more than a little peeved that Rockets could not pry one of the Cavs bounty of bigs.

CLE media thought this was a forgone conclusion that at least 1 big was required to move Porter or team would release him for nothing.

BHannes2BHonest and hakeem94 like this.
  19. 18pbr

18pbr Member

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah I didn’t know about the punching a woman thing which would have been a non starter for me. But let’s see what Lucas can do but I do not want this guy in a Rockets uniform long if he doesn’t have an It’s a Wonderful Life type of transformation. Some things are bigger than basketball talent. Our dignity as a franchise needs to matter even when we suck.