1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If we don't hear anything tomorrow, I think we're safe of it being Frazier. His hiring feels like a friday news dump kind of thing, then everyone's out of the office for the weekend.

Also, when Cal or Caserio was officially talking, they said something about both being introverted. And that the HC hire would be extroverted to balance that out. Frazier from what I see isn't that type of guy.

mikol13 likes this.
  2. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

As Scarface once said, all I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one. Cal has neither.

UTSA2step and Two Sandwiches like this.
  3. Major

Major Member

If it's Frazier or EB, you're not going to hear about it before Sunday - as incompetent as the Texans are, they aren't going to mess with the biggest game of Frazier's career or one of the biggest of EB's. If it came out tomorrow, it would be a huge distraction for their teams.

I could see an announcement on Monday for either one, with the understanding that if they are still in the playoffs, they won't take over for another 2 weeks.

itzIce, UTSA2step, mikol13 and 4 others like this.
  4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Any possibility that EB and Frazier are a package deal?

UTSA2step likes this.
  5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

This was my original thought. Someone mentioned here that they’ve worked together in some capacity, so my thought was EB got the job and the Texans are interviewing his recommendations for his staff.

but i doubt Frazier would leave for a lateral move. He’s already Assistant HC and DC in Buffalo

BMoney, itzIce, mikol13 and 1 other person like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Would be surprising to me. Unless his contract is up I think the Bills could block that move and I'd be surprised if he thought it was a good career move to leave Buffalo and come here.

Major and Two Sandwiches like this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yep, the Bills could block it.

As far as @Whenitsover news, I trust his source. I trust his source believes that this info is correct. I love that he shares that news here. It's great.

But I also say to everyone, to refer to what I posted in the thread "Who to trust?" Remember, the scouting department may be overhauled, and I've seen reports saying that. Also, remember, Caserio may be trying to find leaks. This can be super important, especially in the scouting department.

I'm trying to make Bienemy happen, because I want Deshaun on this team, and I want to root for this team. If his info isn't true, we shouldn't knock him, we should knock the process. And there's nothing wrong with it.

Hope for the best, expect the worst. Thanks @Whenitsover .

Jwise44 and Htown Legend like this.
  8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

@Whenitsover doesn’t have sources.

Why hasn’t the national media broken the story by now who have shown to be more plugged in then our local guys?

Why would the Texans make these hires without face to face interviews?

Why would the Texans apologize to Deshaun privately, only to hire the coach he didn’t want and repeat the same mistake they made with Caseiro?

Why would Cal and Caseiro talk about hiring an extrovert and then hire Leslie Frazier?

I stand by what I say.

#2108 tmacfor35, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    UTSA2step, whag00, zeeshan2 and 3 others like this.
  9. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

I tell you what.... if they thought Fans were outraged about Cal standing by Easterby, watch what happens if they hire anyone other than EB as HC.

UTSA2step, Rudyc281 and primtim24 like this.
  10. Major

Major Member

Why do the Texans do any of the endless dumb things they do? Trying to find logic in Texans' decision making processes is not going to end well.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I trust his source because he’s not coming about it like an ***hole, and because it sounds like a Texans move. Hire the super Christian guy and trust the lord to work it out.

I am PRAYING we take eb, but god I really can see us hiring leslie

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Why did the Chiefs QB coach turn down Seattle’s OC position?

He probably knows he will be the OC for KC next year.

UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

People on social media seem to mention this a lot, but if you're hiring a guy who's still in the hunt, then you kinda have to wait.

It's not college, there's not nearly as much to lose by waiting. If it turns out its the right guy, it's worth the wait anyway.

Two Sandwiches and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Yeah, although Mahomes is a great QB, to go from QB Coach at KC to OC in Seattle is definitely a step up. Obviously Russell Wilson is no slouch either.

Normally this would add up to him knowing he's about to be the OC in KC, but nothing about this has been normal so far....so we'll just have to wait until Monday.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

We have been relegated to trying to read someones body language during a press conference.

UTSA2step, Major and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Interesting dynamic. Turning down OC with play calling duties for Seattle could be a big tell. Although he could likely stay on as QB coach in KC and still be one of the top HC candidates this time next year.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Where’s the source that Kafka turned down the Seattle OC position? Not questioning you. Just haven’t seen that

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Htown Legend and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. Fantasma Negro

I think its between Frazier and Eberflus