1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Have you read what gm’s say the price for tucker is? 3 seconds right now, maybe someone gets desperate on a contender and offers a 1st but let’s hope they do it soon bc tucker looks useless in Silas system and he’s 35 and looking for a new deal + contenders are holding onto firsts for beal

HP3 and peleincubus like this.
  2. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Let people be excited about something.

3. Rokman

Rokman Member

Wait, what??! This guy's an inch too short! What a wasted 2nd pick.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Great move by Stone. I like that he makes no brainer moves like these and also gets to actually execute them, unlike Morey who gets shut out for one reason or another.

Stone so far been in driver seat getting the deals on his terms.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I said that in jest. Who knows what happens on this team the next 3 years. After researching this Porter is 100% a top 5 talent. Hopefully he puts it together and doesnt throw away millions and millions of dollars.

6. jayfree

jayfree Member

Soooo, Porter blows up after the Rockets 4 way trade that netted the Cavs Taurean Prince took his locker... only to have ex Rockets coach Bickerstaff assist in trading him to Houston for a heavily protected 2nd round pick (top 55 protected) that may never be exercised.

Sounds to me like this was planned weeks in advance ;)

7. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Now Stone trade please for Kevin brother, Michael.

8. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

There are exactly 0 players on the Rockets who have the potential to be as offensively versatile as Porter shows in this video. Can shoot off the dribble, score at all three levels, and has a little bit of playmaking upside that can be unleashed.

Of course, it all starts with his character. That's the most important part. I expect Lucas to help him out quite a bit.

Bo6, PeterKingX, Denovo and 8 others like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh no, if there was a high likelihood of it working he would have cost more than a very heavily protected second rounder.

From what I have heard he is seriously emotionally r****ded in his development and lacks self control and emotional consistency. He has had other outbursts and difficulties not in the paper.

Still, he is an interesting player and gives fans something else to watch for. If nothing else it shows the Rockets are proactive. I

10. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Typical low risk, low reward move, just like buying a powerball ticket. Yeah, you get the chance to win 700 Million dollars, but the expected return is 0.

I like it though, just like the feeling of dreaming to become a millionaire immediately every time I buy a lottery ticket, for a rebuilding team, it's good to have something new to be excited about. What's even better, this lottery ticket is free, so why not.

#130 James.B.H, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Stone Age baby.

hakeem94 and roslolian like this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

To be fair to Porter getting your locker moved without your consent is reasonable grounds for raising ****.

The 2nd rounder is also protected everybody who hates on this move is DUMB AF. This is def a 0 risk high reward move cuz the Rox are going nowhere anyway, even if he causes a stink it wont really matter and we can cut him no problem.

Thing is I think he is gonna work out, we already got numbskulls like House on the team how much worse can Porter be?

hakeem94 and Drift Monkey like this.
  13. xaos

xaos Member

Stone also knows everyone he trades for doesn't want to come here. How can any player not want to get out of Cleveland? 4d chess vibes

14. riko

riko Member

Tucker and Gordon probably don’t feel invested anymore in this team. Cousins is a headache and a toxic lunatic so yeah I agree

15. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Right there with you. steeler nation!

baller4life315 likes this.
  16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Not likely to pan out but might as well take a flyer. By the time he is ready to contribute to an NBA team he'll probably have been in various teams. Hope to be wrong.

BamBam and HP3 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Im just giving my honest opinion. We've had Stone for like a couple months and everyone's like "he's so amazing".....ehhh. Not really. Now if he manages to get MPJ...thats worth something to get excited over...other than that....nothing to really write home about.

18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I thought we got Michael Porter Jr. for a protected second-rounder and I almost shat myself.

Kevin Porter Jr. is good too. Make sure his locker room isn't near the door and keep all throwable food items away from his reach, though.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  19. Rokman

Rokman Member

Sounds like John Lucas gonna have to pull out the voodoo doll to keep this one in check.

20. fattz

fattz Member

Just like the lottery one can’t win if one doesn’t play. For years we heard about why we didn’t get said player or that we were so close to signing or trading for said player. We are in a better place now because at least the player is on the team. Good or bad the kid is a Rocket.