1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets players and their trade value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 21, 2021.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We Need Stars!!!

We already have one STAR player....Woods! We need another star player for next year so these guys can grow together. Either Collins from Atlanta: expiring contract, does not get along with their star player and Atlanta already has his replacement Gallarini! I would give them:

*ATL: Gordon, and 2nd round pick
    Houston: Colins and Tony Snell

But it all depends if Collins want to sign and play here.....give him the MAX(31 mil) because he is going to be a All Star soon
    OR

*Bulls: Give up Draft picks, Gordon, Oladipo and PJ
    Houston: Lavine
    OR

*Heat: Oladipo
    Houston: Herro, IGUODALA and Precious

We need Collins Herro, or Lavine to play with Woods.....all three players are going to All Stars this year or next year.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You must have a vast collection of Eric Gordon jerseys in the closet

lilbird20 and justtxyank like this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I know Houston doesn't like to be a losing team and prefer to be back in that playoff mix. There is no Daryl Morey either so it is going to be even more difficult.

I just don't see John Wall really being a 1 or 2 option here, mainly cause he is not 100% and not the same player, but can be a 3rd option. I personally think the rockets are missing 2 key Stars. John wall is like a 3rd or 4th best player because of his injury.

Victor makes since to be a 3rd or 4th option on contending team, but you really need his salary dump to find a big star to bring in. Wood would be like your 3rd best player and in few years could be a 2nd option if he really shows his game. So as it looks like the rockets are missing a Batman and Robin duo. How hard is it to find these players? I personally think you can bring one in with salary, and try to draft one.

4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Who do you consider to be our Batman and Robin? Lavine? Collins?

5. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

There’s really no need to move Wall. He has no value on the market and for a team that will have plenty of cap space, he can be a positive leadership influence on the young players we start drafting. I don’t want a Philly situation where we get used to bad habits.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think you got to consider those teams and players specifically though, the Pelicans got Adams cause Jaxson Hayes is still very raw and clearly one/two years away from being ready so, Adams makes sense for NOLA while they wait for Hayes to be ready, on the other hand, LaMelo looks pretty ready to start and he will soon, there's no reason for Charlotte to take on a bad contract like Wall that can have a negative impact on their franchise player.

As for Hayward, you gotta consider that Hayward is still a very good player that hasn't really regressed despite the injuries he had, signing him wasn't a bad move cause if they want to keep that's fine cause he fits with the rest of their roster, or if they get a good offer (which is very possible) they can always trade him and get some assets back, none of this is true for Wall since they wouldn't be able to trade him for good assets, and he wouldn't fit with their young core to begin with so, it would be an unaccessary risk for them to take.

Lonzo is probably gone via trade if they find a team interested (wouldn't be shocked if Charlotte is that team actually), they didn't extend him and Alexander Walker is going to take the PG/SG spot there, i'm pretty sure that's the guy NOLA will try to make the third piece of their core going forward.

Magic and Knicks i don't know, i think Orlando has players like Fournier, Aminu, Ross...just by moving a couple of them they would be close in matching Wall's contract, and they wouldn't really lose anything of value by moving them at this point. The Knicks have a ton of trash expiring to move which makes up for a solid amount of money (Payton, Ntilikina, Smith, Bullock, Burks = almost 30M), but i guess they would be probably more forced to move Randle and three of them, for me he's overrated and they're going to regret overpaying him eventually, but i don't really know how they consider him, maybe/probably too much to move for Wall, even though moving him would let them slide Toppin in his spot while finally getting a good point guard after ages.

7. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Great trade idea. If anything, just to help Wolves win me and mess with Warriors' potential pick swap. I'm a petty SOB like that

topfive likes this.
  8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He is quite a bit better than Rozier and Zeller though.
    My point is not that he is a star. You don't need an out and out star to make the playoffs, just dependable exoerienced contributors. Wall fits that bill.
    My point on Hayward is that he isn't a star, better than Wall or not, who cares. Who else can Charlotte actually attract? And if they are sold on Ball (who looks great early), Wall just takes the cap space Ball will soon occupy, and can fill the role of lockerroom and on court mentor

Making the playoffs only means being better than half the teams, so you are probably right, they should just aim for that and see if any of Ball, Washington, Graham or Bridges take the next step.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If he goes, Cousins probably needs to go with him, or be a grumpy leftover.
    Straight up for Griffin, play him a lot and see if he can pump his stats. Maybe he opts out on the back of a decent showing to get a last hurrah contract somewhere?

D-rock likes this.
  10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Maybe Lavine, Herro, and or MPj. But id take 1 of them and try to find the other in the draft.

11. fattz

fattz Member

I like your thoughts but he is never going to make the money his makes now again. This is his last hurrah. I know I wouldn’t let my big contract go, would you. It’s like winning another lottery every year.

12. Boston84

Boston84 Member

What would you move woods for? Like what’s your realistic return

13. xaos

xaos Member

Most trades do not make sense because he is still an unfinished product on a good contract but not a rookie contract. You can't trade him for a high draft pick because a young draft pick is younger and likely higher upside on a rookie contract with rookie contract control. If you trade him to a contender then you question which contenders have young prospects with higher upside, but aren't ready yet (ex:Herro).

I'd say at this point if we were to trade him it would be to a team of the thinking of Stone's request with Harden: "young player with potential and picks" if a young emerging star becomes available - you package Wood + picks for that player. Example: if MPJ all of a sudden tells Denver he isn't able to grow into the player he believes he could be because of their talent spread, then Wood + a pick for MPJ/salary becomes possible. Jokic/Wood would actually be an insane front court.

Btw, All unlikely scenarios + I'm having a rum and coke so whatever haha.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No way I would pass on 38mill!!

But it is still less than Wall, and shorter

15. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

Collins had 31/11 on 13/24 FG’s, the game saving block & was +18

Griffin 17/7 on 5/10 FG’s (in 39 mins) & -13

Griffin only made 5 shots & let him score 31/11 but bullied him lol

#75 ball4life66, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021