1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

No, I'm focusing on the defensive breakdown which is the goal of the playmaker. You've failed to credit Curry as a playmaker despite him causing defensive breakdowns. It's illogical.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

And yes you did say this. He was the best player in game 2 and in game 4. Cp3 was better in game 5. And its how your perform in both wins and losses that matter. See, this is the BS qualifier I was talking about. LOL you said he coasted against the Wolves and the Jazz lmao implying that's why Harden did better than him against those teams. You are full of crap.

Im not going to sift through your garbage. LMAO. I also remember you saying that the Wolves werent good against us because Butler wasnt "the leader" LMAO. Your takes are garbage.
    It sounds like you use qualifers as a way to mask your shitty takes like you are doing right now LMAO. You are horrible.
    LMAO. Draymond is a top 10 passer in the league, there arent "point forwards" in this league like him who can perform the passes that he does. He makes all kinds of passes You are a full of ****. And I trust Ben Taylor more than your dumbass any day of the week.

As long as that player is a shooter, it's not a problem because you can put the ball in Green's hands. You can also use him as a screener. He's also great at 4v3s.

As long as that player is a shooter, its not a problem. Obviously having an offball player helps more but he's not some low iq moron that kills offenses. Both the offense and the defense has improved since he came back(their offense is still mediocre though LOL) His value also comes mainly from defense where he's probably in the 99th percentile in the league. He will help any team win. He's a defensive superstar.

#1302 HP3, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    vlaurelio likes this.
  3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Eric Gordon was better in game 2, and Chris Paul was better in game 4. Efficiency matters.

Honestly, it sounds like you're embarrassed because of your poor reading comprehension. No worries. Your frustration is understandable.

Off the top of my head......Lebron?

Any ball-handler NBA should be able to capitalize on a 4v3. That's nothing special.

I think you overestimate how many ball-dominant scorers would be willing to play off-ball.

Also, I've always maintained that Draymond Green's value came primarily on the defensive end. I'm not sure why you're bringing that up.

4. riko

riko Member

The Warriors had a prime Draymond and Iggy along with a still very good David West . That team was loaded beyond belief. They were loaded on both sides of the ball

Durant
    Curry
    Thompson
    Iggy
    Green

all in their primes. That was just unfair

chadyang and jiggyfly like this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

wasnt iggy an all star in philly

warriors have always paid the luxury tax during currys time with the warriors

chadyang likes this.
  6. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

This is called gravity.

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Knicks looking good.

Curry can’t carry a team.

I like it.

8. HardenVolumeOne

thats not gravity, steph curry went backdoor and the knicks went to contest a potential WIDE OPEN layup. They rather give up a wide open 3 to historically poor 3 pointer than a wide open layup to curry. Knicks played that correctly draymond just made the shot

gravity is doubling triple teaming a guy like harden and leaving durant wide open

jiggyfly and clos4life like this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

andrew wiggins is 5th in the league in blocked shots per game. oubre and wiggins are a better defensive tandem than iggy and klay

10. HardenVolumeOne

kelena azabuike thinks every basket the warriors make is because of steph curry.

11. HardenVolumeOne

warriors commentators are such cringe man. these guys cant go a second without mentioning curry. How about the defense the warriors are playing having to hide this dude

12. HardenVolumeOne

iso jumper by wiggins, because of steph right

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Are you a Warriors' commentator?

14. HardenVolumeOne

CAN STEPH CURRY CARRY HIS OWN TEAM?

Without Draymond Green, heck no.

Draymond quarterbacks both the offense and defense and makes life much easier on Steph. I will respect Ben Taylor if he has Draymond rated higher on his player rankings than Curry. Because Ben claims he is big on the eye-test, and what the eye-test shows me is that this warriors team without Draymond is completely different than with Draymond. Im glad Draymonds ejection happened mid-game as well, so we could see the difference without him in the 2nd half.

Draymond is the MVP of this warriors team.

clos4life and francis 4 prez like this.
  15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

for no reason, i'm checking back into this thread today. sadly, it appears that the answer is no. down 40 points again.

16. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It's sad that the Warriors will never be what they once were. And the Rockets won't have a team to do battle one more time. A rivalry cut short.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

who cares , we ve beaten them and that is all that matters...

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

lol obviously he can.... to the level harden did ? probably not. i truly believe only lebron james could have had the same success or more with the rosters james has had.

19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Huh? Warriors won 4 straight playoff series vs Rockets. Am I missing something?

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you are missing a nuance and being an insightful ballwatcher

if the advertiser puts a beef label on the can of pork , does it make the beef ?

No, of course.

the same goes for the last 2 series

Rockets won the last 2 series on the basketball court, with their effort, skills and made basketball plays.

And the fact that the refs have chosen not to register it and presented it as warriors wins does simply not make it so.

On contrary, the nba league office intervention only makes it even more evident that rockets were the better team.
    How so? Well, if warriors were the better adam silver would have never intervened so blatantly.

So we have it from the horses mouth that the rockets prevailed.

Tendentious officiating after rockets took a decisive 15 points lead in game 7 in 2018 and particularly tendentious officiating in the first game of the last series made it clear nba front office was well aware of the fact that rockets were the better team.