1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I can easily foresee Cal not wanting to hire Bienemy because of his checkered past and then hiring a different black coach in Frazier in order to appease Watson. Cal probably thinks that "they" are all the same.

Two Sandwiches, Fiah, gatsby and 3 others like this.
  2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Believe it was Zerlien who reported Cal brought mommy in on the EB interview. I cannot for the life of me figure out why she would sit in on that one interview if it wasn’t getting her opinion on his character all based on a zoom call.

Two Sandwiches and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I suspect the Texans will hire EB sometime next week. Either the Chiefs lose and EB no longer has an obligation to the team, or they win and EB has an extra week before their next game and can afford to spend a day or two with the Texans.

Htown Legend and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I figure the same don’t want to break anything till after the chiefs game.

To late in the week to announce the hire.

5. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Don’t do this to us man

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

I get the skepticism. I wouldn't believe a random poster either. Especially one that got stuff wrong in the past. I'm not batting 1.000 for sure.

This is information I did get from a scout in the building. I've been burned before by giving out information but I dont ever expect anyone to believe it all. It's just information I hear from someone connected that I pass along.

I feel pretty confident in this scout's information as he has been led to believe that Frazier is the candidate and that the team is doing homework on draft prospects in the event Deshaun demands a trade once word gets out that Bieniemy got passed over.

It's not good news. Shoot, I wanted Bieniemy or Joe Brady. And yes, most of what I have posted has been negative, frankly, because most of Houston sports in the last year and a half has been quite negative.

I just see a ton of people on here trying to piece things together for Bieniemy to be the guy and I don't want fans to get their hopes up when I have heard from someone in the building that the other candidate will be the hire.

But I guess it's all relative in the end. A week from now I could be sitting here with egg on my face yet again. But that won't stop me from passing along information as I get it. It may be right, it may be wrong. I trust the source, you certainly don't have to.

I hope for the positive. I hope it is Bieniemy. Maybe it is better to believe in the possibility for a while and then be disappointed in the end. I'm not sure, I cant make that call for you. I do however know that that building on Kirby is a toxic environment. That I do not doubt or question. And for that reason alone, I have no faith in a positive outcome from this coaching search. The information I shared only confirmed my suspicion. Take it or leave it, that's up to you. I wish you nothing but positive vibes and happiness.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

first time hearing him and seeing him speak and i already like him just from that 1 minute clip.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’m sure Watson knows right??

And wouldn’t have to wait to find out in the ESPN ticker...so I figure he would of already gone public with a trade demand.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah same...I had to go back and look at old interviews and I love what I heard.

Cant wait till the final announcement.

(Hopefully)

ryano2009 likes this.
  10. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Just to be clear, I definitely appreciate the info you share. Whether you’re “right or wrong” I believe that your source is credible. My hope is that during these past couple weeks with Deshaun clearly unhappy, the protesting, the pulse of the fan base, the demands for Easterby to be fired, Cal’s incompetence reaching an all time high.... I just hope that they truly truly make the right call between now and the time it’s announced. EB as head coach is the only right move. I’m sure Leslie Frazier is a great “people person” and a “calming presence” and all that... but like you said earlier... this team, this city NEEDS EB to lead this football team. There will be an outraged fan base otherwise and more national media scrutiny, which will lead to a Deshaun trade demand almost immediately

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I got this strange suspicion that no matter what transpires within this organization moving forward that none of us are going to feel good about it

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya not trying to attack you. But if it’s done to the point where employees and media are being told, I don’t see how it has not been “broken” by one of the national guys who basically run to Twitter with just about everything they “hear.” The coaching hire in itself is big news. The Texans prepping for DW4 possibly leaving would be the biggest news story of the year

That being said, I won’t be surprised if it is Leslie. But that’s all based on Cal McNair being the owner.

Rudyc281 and Htown Legend like this.
  13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Do you think what happens on Sunday will affect anything at all?

Like if Cal wants to get it over with, our coach is whoever becomes available on Sunday?

What if EB's offense destroys Frazier's defense? Or Vice Versa? Would that affect Cal's decision?

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Deal most likely already done. They just waiting to announce.

15. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And Eric B seemed to bin in a pretty good mood lol.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Can somebody find Frazier’s interview so we can see his mood.

ryano2009 likes this.
  18. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

How can Cal waddle up to the podium and with a straight face sell Frazier to the city of Houston. The person I'm going to feel for worse for in all this is Frazier. That poor guy did nothing wrong, and its already a guaranteed conclusion that the city is going to hate him. The fans are going to be calling for him to be fired before the press conference is even over. Cal is a coward, he will answer no questions in a direct manner, and after this entire process is over he will hide in his office never to be heard from again. The worst thing about all of this, is that we as fans can do nothing about it. Sure we can cancel our season tickets and stop going to games, but the issue with that is the wait list is years deep and there will always be takers. Even if the stadium is half full I don't think Cal would even care, he does not seem like the type of person that understands what the value of a dollar actually means. Cal is right we are not Patriots south, at this point we would be lucky to even come close to being Detroit south. It's an absolute disgrace how fast things have fallen apart, and it's an even bigger disgrace when we all know this could have been prevented.

Hank McDowell and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

God I hope you’re wrong, but I trust what you are saying is true.

Without a doubt Watson asks out if we hire Frazier...

this is a sad pathetic franchise if they do this and we’re so screwed in the future

20. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I just hope whomever it is that's hired will placate Deshaun enough to stay.

Was thinking back to a few days ago when Cal stated that the head coach wouldn't be a laid-back personality like Caserio, but someone who could inspire the players, make them want to run through brick walls for him.

That definitely doesn't seem like Leslie Frazier's personality type, bit it does EB's.
    So if it is Frazier hired that will be 1 for sure lie we will have caught Cal in!

stevel likes this.