1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

When I saw that clip, I immediately thought the same thing. He seems upbeat. Normally coaches who've just been passed over, or are a little down, start talking about "we're just worried about this week, blah, blah, blah."

But he came out and acknowledged that "Yes, I want to be a HC one day". I mean, we all knew that already, but for him to openly say that seemed to really tell me something. But then again, maybe I just really want us to turn this thing around and keep Deshaun....who knows anymore....

UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He didn't say one day though. That was another tell.

He just said, yes I want to be a head coach but right now I have to focus on the championship game (paraphrasing)

The question was about being the poster child for not getting hired.

He literally cannot be hired yet.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. mario_v

mario_v Member

I know they can’t officially sign a coach that’s still in the playoffs, but why can’t the team make an announcement that they’ve reached an agreement with EB or Frazier to be the next HC?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Mashing

Mashing Member

NONE of those players are franchise QB’s who you have developed. DW4 not playing because he is upset is frankly impossible. He won’t forfeit game checks at his salary. There is no way you trade Watson and keep the fans. If Watson gets traded you’ll start seeing games blacked out because they’re not sell outs. If Watson gets traded it will ultimately end up backfiring on Cal and he’ll eventually be forced to sell the team.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Or the mood throughout Arrowhead could be high all around since Mahomes is supposedly looking well and practicing.

I'm surprised that Daboll has not had much news around him, even interview wise.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It seems to me that if Frazier is hired over Bieniemy, it's for non-football reasons. It's because of stuff Bieniemy did 20 years ago or it's because Frazier's a devout Christian or that he shares the same agent as Easterby and Caserio who also has Cal's ear.

It would be just like the Texans to hire one guy over another for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with football.

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I agree he’s not going to sit out games but I do think Cal will give in if DW4 publicly demands a trade. That’s the age of sports we are living in. And yes fans will be beyond pissed but blackouts and a forced sale are not happening.

8. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

If this coaching search ends up like I think its going to end up, "Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion", should be replaced with don't ever underestimate the stupidity of Cal McNair.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Maybe they'll pull Frazier's contract offer as they're negotiating and go with Bienemy instead...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

11. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Seriously...how inept is this organization?

We were the first one to fire our coach. After all of the this time, we still don't know who we're going to hire?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It's obviously either Bienemy or Frazier. Someone that's still in the postseason. Otherwise there's no reason we haven't hired anyone yet. If we wanted someone not in the playoffs, they'd be hired.

We'll know Monday. If the Bills lose, and we don't have a heaf coach by Monday evening, it's Bienemy. If we do, we'll know then, too.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

But “sources” especially here in Houston should get some kind of word sooner...no?

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

EB’s interview today made it seem like he’s the guy. Maybe I’m reading too much into that.

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Naw it definitely seemed like that.

16. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

It is Leslie Frazier.

Two Sandwiches and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

woohoo

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The biggest sign was Caserio finding a loophole to interview Eric b sooner.

We had already put in a interview request but had to wait till after the season but then Caserio found the loophole that if the teams owners agreed to let the interview happen then they could interview the candidate.

So the chiefs did Eric b a solid and granted permission and Caserio got Cal to sign off and that’s how we where able to make the interview happen sooner.

Fulgore likes this.
  19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Yep definitely a move that makes me think it’s EB. Just weird nothing leaked out on Twitter. Usually a player will break the news in a cryptic tweet.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

So to be clear, media personalities and employees have been told, scouting on top prospects and coordinator background checks have begun, and yet we have not heard a single word from any of the local or NFL "insiders" except from you? A poster on clutchfans who has a friend in the scouting department?

ryano2009 and Rudyc281 like this.