1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets players and their trade value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 21, 2021.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maybe Wall has a (top 4 pick, wink wink, say no more) "sore knee"?

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If stone comes out and offers him something like 3/88 mill. I bet he declines. Rockets will trade him in instant. (Victor)

3. TimDuncanDonaut

Trust in Stone, as we are...

need not take him for granite

[​IMG]

for he will save us (and money for the owner).

HP3 and BamBam like this.
  4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well, even then:

1. Blake is much worse than Wall now so if we're tanking our protected picks are secured with this deal.
    2. Two second round picks are better than having John Wall potentially winning some games and losing us our protected picks.

HP3 and Haymitch like this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We don't know if those will be high picks or not. There is a chance everything works out and for the next three years or so the Nets are perennial contenders. But I would say there is nearly as great a chance that Durant suffers a major injury again, Kyrie does Kyrie stuff (guy is the Kanye of basketball) and Harden doesn't even extend his contract and bolts after 2 seasons. At that point, a lot of those picks and pick swaps could be lottery picks.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Lmao how did I do that

Astrodome likes this.
  7. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

Really liked your anaylsis...maybe edit and add oladipo for us :p

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That works for me as well. Just wanted to point out that Detroit knows they suck and wouldn't give away a huge asset in the deal.

Williamson likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Yes.

At this point the Rockets need to be open to trading everyone on the roster at the right cost, with special emphasis on Tucker and House. If neither of them individually will bring a #1 pick, maybe combined they can bring a #1 pick.

Tucker isn't resigning with the Rockets and is a poor fit next to Wood anyway. Danuel House isn't ideal for this group of players anyway.

I cannot see anyone biting on Gordon and Wall isn't going anywhere.

I suspect the Rockets will foolishly hold onto Oladipo, but they would do well to trade him at the deadline if he is playing well. Someone would give up a #1 draft pick for him.

The Rockets are 4-9 and the only wins this year are twice against the Kings, once against Orlando and once against the Spurs.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That's when we scoop up a 32 year old Damian Lillard who will only have $150 million/3years remaining on his deal by then.

HP3 and justtxyank like this.
  11. finsraider

finsraider Member

One hole I feel from the Harden deal is not getting a single prospect of the future back. I can stand the losing if we know we have one guy that could be part of our future.

James.B.H, lilbird20, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Man it seemed only like yesterday when some on here refused to give up and trade Capela and Gordon to Minnesota for Butler. Or was that just a figment of my imagination?

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  13. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Knicks, Orlando, Charlotte, and Pelicans.

Those are the only 4 teams I can see taking on John Wall. Knicks and Orlando would want significant assets attached.

Charlotte: Rozier $18M, Zeller $15M. I’ll even throw in one of our low end FRPs if we have to: heavily protected Detroit or Washington pick.

Pelicans: Steven Adams $29M, Lonzo Ball $11M.

14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We already have a STAR player....Woods! We need another star player for next year so these guys can grow together. Either Collins from Atlanta: expiring contract, does not get along with their star player and Atlanta already has his replacement Gallarini! I would give them:

ATL: Gordon, and 2nd round pick
    Houston: Colins and Tony Snell

But it all depends if Collins want to sign and play here.....give him the MAX because he is going to be a All Star soon
    OR

Bulls: Give up Draft picks, Gordon, Victor and PJ
    Houston: Lavine

We need Collins or Lavine to play with Woods.....all three players are going to All Stars this year or next year.

KEEP WALLS

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

from what I remember at the time it was capela/eg/pj for butler as the foundation of the proposal discussion on cf's. Then of course we heard the final woj report that 4 picks were offered as part of some kind of package for butler.

16. Kingsman

Kingsman Member

Why would they trade for Gordon? Not a whole lot of sense there. Also Collins is another skinny MFer like Wood. He was bullied by washed up Blake yesterday. We would get pushed by everyone in this league lol. ****, despite being small AF, Tucker is at least has a body to put on somebody.

D-rock, justtxyank and HP3 like this.
  17. finsraider

finsraider Member

One idea that I’ve seen some throw around is the “contender package”. When Oladipo can be combined with other salaries in early March, we will have the ability to throw a combination of Oladipo, Tucker, Gordon, Nwaba and McLemore at a team looking to compete immediately. This simplifies the process for the acquiring team, and gives us maximum leverage to extract assets.

I still believe the best fits for this are Denver and Miami.

xaos and justtxyank like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

I admit to being wrong in that....but I also dont regret it because I love EG and Tuck lol. I've enjoyed the time they have spent here. Plus if Butler really wanted to be here, he would.

steddinotayto likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I believe I read that Blake hasn’t had a single dunk this year. Poor guy is not even close to the player he once was. Still gotta play to get that check though lol

Williamson and D-rock like this.
  20. finsraider

finsraider Member

Regardless of what route we choose, I can confidently say I trust Stone. He’s done an excellent job so far, better than we ever could have expected.

I hope we can get a young centerpiece like Herro or MPJ, but if we don’t, Stone is not going to do anything stupid. If we end up trading everyone but Wall and Wood for picks, then I know that was the best option we had.

lilbird20 likes this.