1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He didn’t get away with this crap in New England smh.

I know they are friends but I’m really hoping Caserio puts an end to his crap.

And seeing how we have been after Caserio for so long I think cal respects him enough to give Caserio real power or he wouldn’t have came to Houston.

cmoak1982 and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If it’s anybody but Eric b....Watson is gone.

red5rocket likes this.
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This f**king franchise is so incompetent, they fire their coach and have all season to get thier ducks in a row.

Now they're gonna be the last to pick a coach, and because there's such organizational buffoonary, placating a rightfully pissed off QB seems to be their most important criteria at this point. There's just no confidence in anything they do.

I get the feeling Tommy Boy often utters the phrase "maybe you're right".

UTSA2step, Major, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I'm not completely in tune with what all Deshaun is upset about but is he requiring that the Texans hire a black coach or are these the 3 best remaining candidates to be the new coach of the Texans? Seems Watson should focus on getting Easterby fired and having a say on the best possible coach for this team so I am hoping these 3 finalists, if true, are legit difference makers.

I know EB is a hot commodity due to the unknown but are Caldwell and Frasier considered hot/good candidates right now? It seems that both of them didn't get a fair shake as head coaches so I am open to it but just want to make sure they are not the typical mediocre retread coach that teams are so famous for hiring.

6. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Leslie Frazier is their guy. The announcement will be soon. Media has been told to prep for Frazier announcement.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

No.

Typical, mediocre retread coach.

You’ll see “Calming presence”, “great leader of men”, blahblahblah

8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Deshaun on board with this? Will need a stud OC I assume.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. havoc1

havoc1 Member

The last time you had info like this Lue was Tillman’s choice and it was all but done and then he was hired by the Clippers. So...

Also Frazier is still the DC in Buffalo and they are still playing so it can’t be announced yet.

10. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Just for fun, go back and look at the defensive rankings under Frazier during his Coordinator and Head coach roles. 1 year in the top 10. 1 year. Has typically had a good turnaround after year 1. Then a huge drop off. Twice fired as a defensive coordinator. Once fired as coach.

Go look through old media postings. It's all there. They consistently all say the same thing: Frazier has not been given a fair shake. His team hasn't helped him succeed. Etc. Guys is not a good coach.

I'm sure hes a nice guy. This hire is terrible and will be covered up with a built in excuse for the first 2 years: "What was Frazier supposed to do? They have no talent!"

Miss me with that BS. This hire is destined for failure. Deshaun, it's time to get that request in.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Harden and Westbrook both were pining for Lue, so was Morey. I connected the dots there, bad assumption by me. I didnt anticipate Tillman would get rid of all 3 of those guys to save money.

This situation is different as it is being told to media personalities and employees now. It is a for sure hire that will be announced soon. Scouting department knows too and is working to source info on top of the draft players now.

The Texans can leak an agreement, that is their pseudo announcement to begin with. Once the Bill's are eliminated this sunday, Frazier will officially sign on Monday. He is in the background checking on coordinators now.

Also, he is the one that agreed to keep Tim Kelly on as OC. EB wanted play calling duties and was not on board with keeping TK.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn’t make sense, keep TK (which Watson has asked for) but still scouting top of draft like there’s for sure a trade?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

He didn’t get away with this crap in NE because he never had this much power and you had an owner and coach/GM that was hellbent on winning above everything else. To me, there is no way Cal doesn’t get Easterby’s input and think that will sway Cal’s decision.

With regards to Caserio in particular, it should be noted that Cal interviewed HCs before Caserio came on board which indicates to me it will not be his sole decision.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

They have not been given any confirmation from Deshaun or his camp that he wants to come back. The team is operating on the assumption that anything can happen and they need to be prepared in the event that trade request comes in.

They are using TK as the olive branch. If Deshaun had responded during this coaching hire process, EB would be the hire. He is standing his ground, thinking that the Texans will get scared into hiring his guy in EB. The Texans are moving forward with Frazier because he is their guy and Deshaun ghosted the team and gave no feedback. It's a done deal.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Your scarring me

17. havoc1

havoc1 Member

I just went back and checked your post. You said that Tillman had decided on Lue. Then when Lue went to the Clippers, you said you had wrong info and that the players were going to get their way and John Lucas would be hired. Oh and you also said you got the Lue being hired info from a friend in the organization, not that you connected dots. I would work harder on keeping your lies straight since all of the posts are saved.

You also were supposedly hearing that Westbrook was being traded to the Knicks. And a long time ago that Carmelo had already chosen the Lakers over the Rockets. Obviously both were made up. Or if not and you keep getting wrong info from your supposed "sources," perhaps consider not posting the info since it is almost always incorrect.

Wow, you must be Jack Easterby to have this high level of knowledge.

I would implore everyone else to stop taking this person seriously as an insider. Frazier may indeed be the coach that is hired, and it might even be announced soon, but that doesn't mean that this guy has any inside info. Go ready his post history to confirm that he just makes stuff up. Oh, and his "insider info" is almost always "bad news."

mikol13, UTSA2step, Sooty and 7 others like this.
  18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Curious what Watson thinks. I'd assume he hates it. Though Kelly helps.

Again, though, I never thought the head coach search was the top of his priorities. It's more about the front office getting things in order and cutting out the back stabbing.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, but how many kneecaps is Bieniemy willing bite off?

[​IMG]

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

And then there was one...