1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

Mason Jones will be a...

1. MVP

2. All-Star

3. Basic

4. Flop

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. varughese.arun

He already making better on ball decisions than John Wall (erratic).

hakeem94 and PatBev like this.
  2. varughese.arun

Yo Cousins needs to retire. This man sucks.

bpbkforlife, kevtse and Easy like this.
  3. Convictedstupid

He needs more minutes.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Bench scorer.

5. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

A rapper. His brother Mike is going to teach him everything.

Red Hova, Drift Monkey and Nook like this.
  6. PatBev

PatBev Member

I like him more than Tate & Brown

have high hopes for him

crenshaw and Jayzers_100 like this.
  7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

went to the same college as your avatar too

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I like what I have seen.

BUT...

If his 3 stops falling at a great rate, I'm not sure what else he can do. Hopefully he continues to be a great 3 point shooter and adds more to his game.

napalm06 likes this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Why are Rockets fans always so low on our role players? If you look around the league a lot of those guys aren’t that much better. It is true there are some better role players and not all are created equal but those guys are few and far in between. The Suns didn’t necessarily have better role players. The Rockets are in their predicament because Morey and MDA created that style and built those rosters to fit. Nwaba and Tate were decisions from the previous administration and this years draft also reflected Morey’s preferences which are short 3-D wing guys to surround Harden with. And Tilman doesn’t make these personnel decisions. He may implement himself in major signings but he let operations and player personnel people handle basketball matters. Let’s cheer for this new regime and he hopeful.

everyday eddie and saleem like this.
  10. conquistador#11

I voted MVP because why not? We need some good news even if they're delusional!

11. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

start Mason jones

hakeem94 and mac_got_this like this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

Between Tate, Brown and Jones there has to be at least one killer role player / light stardom there.

Corrosion and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think Brown will eventually be the guy. He plays great defense from what I've seen, has a nice outside shot and decent handles. Jones looks to be a sharp shooter that could be useful. I like Tate's aggression and his defense, but he is too short and so far does not look like he has a consistent shot. All three I think might be successful role players.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Continues to impress.

I’m not too concerned about playmaking. With him being new and so little roster consistency, even if he had those skills it would be hard to show it.

He’s creative around the rim, and is definitely one of those guys that tries to bait people into fouls. I’m really interested to see if it all comes together for him.

Those drives yesterday impressed me more than all the 3s he’s hit, even though he missed the one they originally called a foul.

He doesn’t have the quickness or playmaking ability, but he reminds me of CP3. Just a smart player that knows how to manipulate his defender and seems to be thinking a second ahead of everyone.

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It'd be a lot easier for our rebuilding process if he could turn into a decent player. It's great that he has a good stroke that he can get off on the bounce. It's also very good that he can draw contact and get to the free throw line, which is a skill even good NBA scorers sometimes lack. Let's hope he pans out.

saleem likes this.
  16. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I see him more of an Eric Gordan type but with a consistent 3 point shot. So I see him in between basic and All-Star.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

The fact that Silas was tempted to start Jones...that tells me something. If he is more than a one dimensional player (shooter)...oh boy.

can anyone comment on his defense? So far he looks like he knows where to be...doesn’t look confused. I don’t think he’s going to be some shut down 1v1 guy, but I don’t think he’s going to be a disaster either.

#37 finsraider, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Corrosion likes this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jones renders Eric Gordon obsolete.

RocketOrg likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Seriously more minutes....more than 24 a game minimum, he and Sterling Brown need more time.

Not saying he can keep up shooting 55% on his 3s, but right now he is our best shooter.

DD

20. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

He looks 10 times better than Gordon handling the ball and shooting it. Remember, he’s only a rookie. Give him a couple years of development and he could be a solid rotational player, if not a starter if that shot continues to improve