1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

That Miami part made me happy because I’m not a fan of Tua at all.

KelvinCato13 and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

3. conquistador#11

Another tweet I don't get. Is it saying that Cal apologized but they didn't talk? Or is it referencing the media saying Deshaun and Cal haven't talked when the article is saying Cal did apologize?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He’s being sarcastic...he’s referring to the media saying Watson hasn’t talked to organization.

But that wouldn’t get headlines or clicks

#MediaBias

5. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

i think he is referencing National media’s obsession that the Texans brass hasn’t had any communication with Deshaun when they have. Texans brass are still idiots : )

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

All will be well.

#PostiveVibes

And thank you Nick for keeping all this mess together.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

So we are literally one game away from the Superbowl. This weeks games are full of generational talents and intriguing story lines, and yet here is the national media salivating over speculations and rumors. I see no reporting being done, just a bunch of guesswork. I mean how many times can you repeat Deshaun is mad and Houston is a mess, this is crossing the threshold of annoying and is swiftly entering maddening territory.

9. showa13

showa13 Member

He's top 5 but not uber elite? Those kind of contradict themselves unless you personally don't think he's top 5 which in that case I'd like to know who you have rated over him.

And I'm not knocking Allen or Herbert, I just said Deshaun is better than them, which you'd be hard to find anyone outside of raining threes and Bobby who disagrees. Again you're saying to not knock guys to prop up Deshaun but you use Mahomes and Rodgers as players to knock Deshaun down. Deshaun not being better than those guys doesn't mean he's not an elite QB and that's the point I'm trying to make. You're saying he's not elite cause he's not better than them. Newsflash, NO ONE is better than Rodgers and Mahomes, they're the 2 most naturally talented QBs to have played the game, it's ok if Deshaun is a step below them(this 'gap' people say there is between them is not that big), but the issue is your insistance on saying Deshaun isn't elite when there's ample evidence to show he is elite and has been playing at an elite level for multiple years.

Fulgore likes this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

We’re just not going to agree. Uber elite is Mahomes and Rodgers.
    Watson has one season of greatness. This season. Allen’s season was just as good if not better as a whole this season.
    You can find several people that do this for a living that say they are same tier.
    This is why it’s hard to have an honest conversation, no one can think objectively.

Top 5 in the league is elite. But there is a huge gap between Rodgers/Mahomes and then next tier of Wilson, Watson, Allen, Brady.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Ah yes the ESPN salty angle

Fantasma Negro and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That's kind of how I feel. I'll have a really hard time picking another team. I'll probably half root for two teams. I'll probably always root for Watson, though.

franchise403 likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

Sort of a good read by Sarah Bishop. Sarah and another poster on here are the only ones connecting this Deshaun saga to Amy Palcic and now soon to 'leave' Jamey Rootes.
    I'll go back to that line in the exit interview by Deshaun that still doesn't get enough run . "Love the people in the building"
    Which one character is purging people accusing them of being the 'sources' to those SI articles, telling people they're no longer 'cultural fits' and saying he will file lawsuits? Who ever that character is, he is not loving the people in the building. It just creates a toxic environment that not even the five1st round picks I'd want for Deshaun would consider staying once they become stars.

Who could that character be.
    [​IMG]

I caught some of pancakes on Chupacabra's (the last 4 minutes of a segment) He got so defensive when that thing was brought up

#1014 conquistador#11, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Chilly_Pete and J.R. like this.
  15. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

The Texans are taking so many steps backward they might as well just play in the Astrodome going forward.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eh Mahomes has the more impressive arm but from watching them play I'm beginning more to believe Watson has the better mind in terms of reading coverages and is can be more accurate.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What's actually impressive about his completion rate is that Watson is a deep ball slinger. He has the highest air yards per completed attempt in the league. Usually qbs who don't check down often and sling the ball downfield a lot which Watson does don't lead the league in completion rates. It's like a batter in baseball who always swings for power and also leads the league in batting average.

#1017 fchowd0311, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is literally the first year you could say he’s read defenses consistently, gone through progressions quickly.
    Mahomes is more than just arm talent, lol

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, this is a known comparison. This is also one of the reasons I believe he’s taken the next step.
    Part of that is average route depth too, along with playing from behind and behind the chains in to go yardage.
    It’s also a reason there are so many sacks.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What’s the new reporting of the day? What are the new sources saying?

Rudyc281 likes this.