1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you see someone in a MAGA hat now what comes to mind?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

No, the one unifying thing about MAGA is their stupidity. There is no nuance involved. You were all swindled by a swindler and now the jig is up.

VooDooPope and deb4rockets like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

“Original Message”....haha. Dude literally the very day that Trump announced his presidency and campaign slogan MAGA, he said Mexicans are rapists. People aren’t idiots. The original meaning is just as bad as any reinterpretation if not worse.

3. dobro1229

People where MAGA hats for attention. Plain and simple. They want to provoke libs yes, but more than anything these are people who are desperate for community. It’s a desperate cry out for like minded people to reach back out and bond with them over a shared cultural aspect.

If they wear it out to their local Denny’s they are really hoping someone comes up to them and says “love the hat... Trump 2020!!” and then strikes up a conversion about their kids and then they become friends.

joshuaao and deb4rockets like this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Liar.

5. dobro1229

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if if Ted misses his 2nd wife now that he moved to Florida. Maybe once he gets outed from Texas (wishful thinking) he can get a job doing this again. I liked this response.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

lets talk about how Trump launched his popularity among his racist base

"

Following a successful Conservative Political Action Conference appearance where Trump announced he is considering a run for the presidency, he begins appearing on talk shows urging President Obama to release his birth certificate and questioning if he was born in the United States.

"I want him to show his birth certificate. There is something on that birth certificate that he doesn’t like," he said in an appearance on ABC's "The View." On "Fox & Friends," Trump insisted Obama spent "millions of dollars in legal fees trying to get away from this issue," and floated the idea on Bill O'Reilly's show that the certificate could say the president is a Muslim.

Trump also claimed that he dispatched a team of investigator "and they cannot believe what they’re finding," he said on the "Today" show.

In April of that year, in an unusual move, Obama released his long-form birth certificate, stating in fact that he was born in Hawaii. Trump held a press conference where he took credit for the development, but said he still needed to assess the document.
    "
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-perpetuated-birther-movement-years/story?id=42138176

HillBoy and dobro1229 like this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

MEH HERITAGE

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

What context? That is literally the text of the speech.

Unless the context you're referring to is Trump holding up a sign while he's saying this that says "I AM NOT BEING SERIOUS" then you have nothing to object to.

What Trump said characterized an entire group of people as mostly dangerous violent criminals.

This is not news or controversial to anyone but idiots and rubes, which pretty much describes you as a poster.

dobro1229 likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

y'all stop going back and forth with proud racist and facist @dachuda86
    just put him on ignore just like all the other racists and facists

https://www.mediaite.com/online/pro...ts-itself-to-monitor-protest-activity-online/

Ever since last week, when protesters successfully shut down a Donald Trump rally in Chicago, a group that calls themselves the Lion Guard has stepped up to monitor “anti-MAGA” (as in Make America Great Again) activity online before it can spill out into the real world. For this particular right-leaning group, Trump’s rallies are somewhat of a safe space.

They got their name from that extracontroversial time Trump retweeted the following Benito Mussolini quote:

It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I routinely speak against racism and fascism. Lol nice try.

13. dobro1229

I literally just sent you the readout from his campaign launch. How dumb can you seriously be?

London'sBurning and Ubiquitin like this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

And some are good ppl?

He literally clarified to make sure it was obvious he wasn't talking about all Mexicans. You and others just want to say he called Mexicans when it isn't the case.

Guess what? Some Mexicans coming across the border... they are rapists. Murderers. Criminals.

Not for a second did he say all of them are.

Ppl who come in illegally are usually NOT going to be the best the country has to offer and many are criminals already.

#74 dachuda86, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I call this the Ricky Bobby defense.

"Your honor, I clearly said 'with all due respect' before I told the plaintiff to go **** himself!"

Nook, Buck Turgidson and joshuaao like this.
  17. dobro1229

This would be like if in the 1930's Churchill said that Europe needs to stand against German aggression, etc. etc. but "there are some German's who are good people" and you'd be arguing that Churchill really didn't say that Germany was a threat to Europe, or bad.

Your logic here is incredibly stupid, and desperate. Trump is a loser, and a horrible racist person who led a horribly racist campaign to court people like you into his cult. You sound like you cannot deal with the reality of your situation, and you sound like you are in an incredibly dangerous state of mind. I would not feel safe being in the same room as you.

Please seek help.

Reeko and vlaurelio like this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I did that. I also reported him but got no response from @Clutch.

vlaurelio likes this.
  19. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

ok we get it, so you like to judge

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I feel empathy for most of them, but also am uncomfortable not knowing whether they are brainwashed and gullible, or just dangerous, racist, or radicals if they still idolize Trump. That's just my gut feeling. For that reason they make me weary if they are strangers. Call it what you want.