1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McLemore and Boogie

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheSource, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TheSource

TheSource Member

they should not get any more minutes every time we got some sort of momentum the suns went on a run. Boogie looks like his feet are stuck in cement on defense and all he does is jack up 3s. McLemore looks lost if he's not catching and shooting and also is straight dumpster trash on defense and don't get me started about PJ who was a team high -23 if it is true we have an extension on the table for him rip it up now !

chinese, JW86, DCHAMP and 3 others like this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Cousins actually was playing well until after the ejections. He was the one that was always bringing the Rockets back when they were down. His play has gone downhill since then. I think he will get back to what he was doing but I think he has allowed the frustration to affect his game.

bro2044, JW86, jim1961 and 4 others like this.
  4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Now Mclemore is straight trash unless he is being spoon fed open shots. He needs to be traded so that Green can be brought back.

bro2044, JW86, glynch and 3 others like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, starting the season he looked fine. I think it's fine to throw him out there and see how he does, that should be the mentality for everyone on the team tbh outside of Wood, Dipo, and Gordon. Everyone else should have to prove they deserve PT.

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I like him. But he is worthless unless he is coming off screens for shots. They don’t even use him as a decoy really. Immediately upon entering a game he should be given three shots, if he makes 1 than he keeps playing. You never let him miss more than 3 in a row and you never let him play unless he takes a shot every 2-2.5 min.

7. TimDuncanDonaut

They didn't play well. Not against giving the other guys more minutes. Bigs around the league circle the calendar date of when they play us.

*sigh

Is Wall coming back?
    Can Dipo get acclamated sooner?

8. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Why don’t we just bury mclemore on the bench. It’s not the same as with tickets and Gordon who have big contracts or a skill set we lack.

Nobody is trading a first round pick for mclemore. He’s on a vet minimum contract so we don’t need to justify playing him because of his contract value. He plays a position on we’re deep at .

that the only gripe I have about th harden trade. Why didn’t we send out more players.

Silas needs to shortened his rotation. He’s trying to play everybody on the roster.

Kingsman and apollo33 like this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

Just trying to contribute...

Ham

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

11. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I think he might of rushed back from being hurt- has no lift right now

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

He's actually been good on D, great on rebounds. He'd be 2nd in entire NBA in defensive rebound % if he qualified. Just his offense is totally busted. He needs to be either full time 3 shooter and hope for best, be a Chuck Hayes type passing facilitator like today, or just abandon offense altogether concentrate on D. I dont think he stays engaged playing just 1 side though.

18pbr likes this.
  13. jayfree

jayfree Member

But, if they are on the bench then how are the Rockets going to keep their draft pick?

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think Boogie and Mac should be playing much more actually...they are very good at what they do, and should be on the court often

banzai likes this.
  15. anamah

anamah Member

The coach looks confused out there

saleem and bj3175 like this.
  16. pass_to_Hakeem

Rockets NEED a Defensive Coordinator ASAP!!! Their Defense is LOUSY!!!!!!!

saleem and raining threes like this.
  17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

You wanna trade the best shooter on our team? He is basically our green light right now. The 3 can bring you back in a very quick way. You start hitting 2/3 in a row and you demoralize opponents... even the Nets fell to that when saxton got lit.

18. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

I’m honestly ready to move on from anyone that’s still here from the MDA-Harden era.

House, Gordon, B-Mac. Good riddance.

Nelly likes this.
  19. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

The rockets played 10 players today. Should the Kurucs have taken Cousins minutes?

20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Mac needs to set screens for Eric and Vic to get his shot or set a high screen and fade to the corner. Coach is too flexible and nobody has a defined role. What he is doing would have worked better with Harden and Westbrook because they would moderate coach's' ideals on the floor. Since the situation is different .He needs to have a defensive coach that only does that an offensive coach that only does that. he needs to have players with a specific role and than build from there.