1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 1/20/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No. My strategy is to have a respectable team.

Butler literally turned down playing with Harden and CP3 to play with...who? To play for Coach Spo and a culture he admired. Kyrie convinced KD to join the Nets because of how well built of a team they were. Those teams had basically nobodies starring on their roster.

Wood is more than either of those teams had and the Rockets can still draft well and scout well despite not drafting top 5.

Your guys argument makes it seem like it is hopeless if you don't have a top 5 pick and that's just not true.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Atleast this is more sensible lol

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

52 percent I like those odds, compete for about three quarters in a half and just start jacking threes. Wait... that is what we have been doing??

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You think Wood playing on a garbage team with worse players than Ego and Wall are going to help him develop and stay here? Lol.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

52% vs 48% is one thing.

The VERY LOW chance that trying our best to win as much as possible this year will materially change our outlook in say 2-3 years where we could realistically hope to be back on the up and up is another.

I say go for the coin flip at the highest pick possible. By some of the logic being proposed here we can snag a franchise guy at just about any pick so even if we miss out we are golden lol.

HP3 likes this.
  7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You literally just took a paragraph just to say yes to what I asked lol. Youre hoping a superstar wants to come here to play with Wall and Gordon lol umm ok well we will see if your Butler theory works instead of just rebuidling the team lol

HP3 likes this.
  8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

For gods sake we are 4-9 in the West and he still doesnt get the ball lol geez

HP3 likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

This is just not close to bein true. Players don’t care about that. They care about if you are good enough to win and your location is. This is all just based on some weird sense of pride man. You just gotta be cool with it for 2 years. We stink anyways as well

Joe Rocket likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Bro, I want Gordon traded and you're just not reading what I'm saying.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Who cares though? I’d rather risk it so it can benefit us man.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are missing the point that if it was that easy no team would ever suck for more than 3 years..

It simply is not that easy to just suck for one year or two and then draft Luka Doncic. Every single team in the NBA would do that if it were that easy. Hell, teams like Portland would just go "Oh, we need another superstar, let's just sit Dame and CJ for a year and draft a Luka Doncic!"

It just doesn't work that way.

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I guess I lost your point we already suck and youre talking about not developing wood on a garbage team. Who are we trading Gordon for if its not picks?

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm talking about that players are harder to develop on a bad team. If the team is bad incidentally that's one thing...if the team is bad on purpose...as tanking implies...that's a whole other thing that ruins players development and can get you stuck on a cycle of sucking year to year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Youre missing the point that it wouldnt be tanking because we are already bad lol

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and luka didnt even prove nothing in this league... not saying hes not a good player ... but he did nothing so far and he may never win a title

on the other hand if the tank proponents are right there would be no reason for the nba to even exist... 27 teams should be actively trying to lose as much as possible this year because they are not true contenders anyway and are just a star or 2 away from contending.... lololollolol

JayGoogle likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If the team is bad incidentally it's not tanking.

I'm against tanking. I was FOR tanking back when the chances were high. Some people might have remembered this because I was known for hating on Scola for keep winning us games...but now the numbers just are not for it and the benefits of being a winning team outweigh the coinflip (of a coinflip and a coinflip) just isn't worth the misery of your players and your franchise becoming a joke.

The point is I'm against tanking. If the team is bad because they are bad then nothing to do about that...but tanking implies you do things to ensure the team loses.

That is what I'm against. I want to trade Ego because honestly the offense looked MUCH better without him stopping the ball. I'd love to get picks for him as I feel just taking him off this team would help the team play better...but if we got a solid player back I'd approve of that too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

WE WOULD NOT BE TANKING WE ARE ALREADY LOSING GAMES, WE COULD HAVE MORE PICKS. Do you understand what tanking means?

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

man we were so fluid and slick in that first spurs game

JayGoogle likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Right.

Like the whole argument assumes the draft is this surefire thing when it is a coinf flip...of a coin flip...of a coinflip.

First, you need to get the highest pick possible, that's the first coinflip.
    Second, you need to make sure the team above you doesn't take the guy that's the franchise player. that's the other coinflip.
    Third, the guy actually has to meet his hype.

If it were that easy to just get superstars no franchise would ever suck for more than 2 years and even franchises on the cusp of something great, like Portland, they'd just have a bad year, get another superstar (supposedly) and be alright.

Teams like the Kings and Wolves should have a superteam by now with all the top 5 picks they've had.

hakeem94 likes this.