1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 1/20/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, you can draft a doncic with any pick...so why destroy your franchise's value while doing it?

Instead, you can build a respectable team that's attractive to FAs and won't destroy young players development.

A lot of tanking teams destroy the development of young players because they build bad habits.

2. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Dude, now you're getting ridiculous. I remember you to be much better than this.

3. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

My question has nothing to do with Harden per se (I still feel the same way about Harden as I did before but that's besides the point). It was a question of how THIS current team could execute what you were proposing. Perhaps Wall could be that facilitator that could find guys open at the three point line but I still don't trust that left leg of his too much.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

:D:D
    So now the goal is not the championship its having top 30 player on your team?

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The wing players are too small!

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro you can’t just get a Donic with any pick.

we aren’t going to be respectable for years. When I say respectable I mean good enough to win.

Not well run organizations

7. HP3

HP3 Member

The goal is to have those players so you can win and build a team.

8. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Dallas is still in a great position. Dallas is where we were the first year of Harden in Houston. Except Doncic is 3 years younger than Harden was at that time. They really have a generational talent at 21 years old — it’s insane. Dallas has all the time in the world to figure out how to surround him with the right pieces.

jordnnnn likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, you can draft superstar HOF players with literally any pick.

Spurs big three consisted of two guys from the 2nd round...Butler was 30. Kawhi and Giannis 15...I mean we can play this game all day long throughout the years.

You don't need a top 5 pick to build a championship team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

whats the problem with my post? he asked of me to trust his prediction about the future and i asked of him the proof he knows what his talking about. If he is so good predicting then he must have predicted the warriors rise or the miami finals last year.

11. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Free agents don’t really join teams because they have a respectable image and a winning culture. If that were true, San Antonio and Indiana would be front runners for every free agent.

Players care about two things only:

1) Geography
    2) Teaming up with another star

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

If you're talking about anyone but Wood I disagree. No one wants Houston. We are rebuilding, we should be focusing on developing Wood and getting picks. Get EG, Tucker, Cousins, Wall and MAC outta here asap. Save cap space get picks and cheap young players pray we get a good young player with the picks that stars want to come and play with.

HP3 likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

on the other hand OKC had drafted 3 MVPs in a row with lotery picks and never won anything

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

They traded one and pissed off the other 2. It was doomed as soon as they traded Harden.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

San Antonio has no cap space to even sign anyone.

Geography is overrated, always has been, more players have picked Houston over the Clippers and Knicks. Playing with another star is a factor, winning is a factor. These are bigger factors than geography.

Clippers only are a destination because they got rid of their trash losing and tanking culture.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m waiting for the post from u where Miami started 4-9 and made the finals...oh wait, they started the season 30-13

please show me where on this roster u see Steph, Klay, and Draymond as well

I’ll be waiting for u to provide the data on that...take your time...thanks

HP3 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Yes but the numbers favor my way of doing things. There are always exceptions but they are not the norm

18. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I honestly don't think we can build a better culture than San Antonio and Boston. People should check their FA performance after Duncan and Bird's retirement. How many stars did Boston sign in the 30 years after Bird's retirement because they're (arguably) the greatest franchise in the NBA? Is San Antonio in a much better position than Dallas now because they have this great culture and has never been bad for over 20 years?

Mr Woods and HP3 like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and cf told me if you just lose a lot of games, like a lot, you are the champion
    were they somehow wrong?

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No one wants us now because we're not winning, but if this team were to grit their way into the playoffs and say Miami doesn't really look all that better do you think Oladipo rushes there? It also raises the value of all your players you have.

Being a garbage team is a hard hole to dig out of, people are missing that. Teams have decided to tank and have been doing it for decades because...

• They go through coaches every 2-3 years so nothing ever sticks
    • Players that have potential get bad habits and never learn what winning is so you end up wasting talent. See the Kings for this example.
    • Your team is such trash that none of your players are even movable. Like Any of these teams could have offered a package for Harden and they all would have been worse than the Nets. Who would you really want from Minny if they say "We're not trading you KAT, now take your pick!"

It is really difficult to get out of that hole and once you're in it...well, then you'll need a Lebron like player to get out of it.