1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if Harden was just doing his LeBron move?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Canada, Jan 20, 2021.

?

Would you support his return in this proposed scenario?

Poll closed Mar 10, 2021.
  1. Yes... I'd welcome a return with that newfound experience.

63.8%
  2. Absolutely not! Eff that flopping choking quitter!

36.2%
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

He'll be 34 if he goes back without signing his extension. He wont do that if he wins in brooklyn he'll extend in brooklyn if they dont win or implode he'll go to a contender. Thats why earliest he'll be back is age 37 which is when his extension will end and thats assuming he signs a 3 yr deal not a 5 yr one which is also likely since that could be the last max contract he gets.

2. Asian Sensation

You just proved my point dipshit. You so mad these 2 players below are more alike than you Harden dick riders ever wish to admit.

Both guys numbers also fall off in the playoffs compared to the regular season. Both of them are notorious for having some epic playoff failures. Now tell me why these two are so different and why one is so much better than the other? Could it be personal preference?

Player 1:

player 2:

3. Coach E

Coach E Member

Harden coming back wouldn’t make sense for either party.

For Houston, in two to three seasons from now, we are most likely full swing rebuild, adding a player that would keep us from tanking.

For Harden, he has either won a ship and has no reason to leave, signing a max extension makes the most sense. If he hasn’t won, he surely wouldn’t want to come to a team rebuilding in the competitive west.

And in some ways, as a fan base we got to move on. He don’t want us no more, we deserve better from our stars.

4. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

How are people still wanting to build around this guy? It blows my mind. He’s shown time and time again that he’s not a winner, he doesn’t have the mindset of a leader, and that he can’t take over and win us a series.

Stop looking at this guy through Rockets shaded sunglasses. We’re lucky to be out of this era sooner rather than later.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It would only make sense if we were already built as a championship team and he signs on as a cheap vet. The way this organization is ran I just don't see that ever happening. Maybe if we're lucky the Rockets will be sold to an owner thst can actually afford to run it.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I mean I don't blame him or morey for wanting out when its clear that ownership is only trying to lower costs rather than field a competitive team.

so yeah if he didn't win in Brooklyn and wanted to come back to retire as a rocket I'd welcome that. if he wins a ring with the nets I think he will be in the HOF as a net rather than a rocket, which then defeats the point of returning to sail into the sunset here.

7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

You can use your Harden Jersey as toilet paper or a wash rag cause that man is not coming back.

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Vince McMahon says No Chance in Hell you Got.

9. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

They were a great team with more concentrated talent that won a lot of ships in a relatively small league.

A super team is the acquisition or combination of multiple all-star/superstar talents to one team... Typically at least 3 stars.

Also this is irrelevant once again because as I said... Super team(s) are more prevalent in this era than Dream's and that's true... That's even true if you count Bill's Celtics.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Russell team had a big 3 of him, Bob Cousey and John Havlicek.

The only era I know which didnt have a lot of super teams was MJ's era cuz you had a lot of stars on sadsack teams like Dream, Ewing and Barkley. It's part of the reason MJ dominated so much not only was he the best player in the L his team was also so much more stacked than others.

11. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Another casual post from a low ball IQ poster... You realize LeBron and KD had EPIC playoff FAILURES even worse than Harden's failures prior to doing a superstar teamup and winning a ship? Do you realize that? Nope apparently you don't.... KD blew his 3-1 lead and LeBron choked massively his first year WITH the big 3 in Miami.

In fact if you simply put up this low ball IQ accolades list of KD and LeBron prior to winning a ship or joining up to form a big 3.... The lists would also look relatively comparable.

This isn't how you determine how great a player is relative to another, but a casual like you wouldn't realize you need more substance.... For example.. Efficiency... Skill level... Rosters... whose the supporting cast or the relative talent on those rosters.... And what winning was achieved relative to that talent and situation.

What's funny is I can take the same kinda basic list you made and add to it just the same and show you a difference there... In fact let me do it for your casual ass since you don't get it any other way.

Player 1:
    1 x NBA Most Valuable Player
    9× NBA All-Star
    2× All-NBA First Team
    5× All-NBA Second Team
    2× All-NBA Third Team
    2× NBA scoring champion
    2× NBA assists leader
    3x NBA turnover leader
    4x NBA WCF appearances
    1x NBA Finals appearance
    Zero titles

player 2:
    1 x NBA Most Valuable Player
    8× NBA All-Star
    6× All-NBA First Team
    1x All-NBA Third Team
    3x NBA scoring champion
    1x NBA assists leader
    1x steal leader
    3x 3pointers made leader
    2x VORP leader
    2x Box Plus Minus leader
    5x Win Shares leader
    7x FTA leader
    6x FTM leader
    6x NBA turnover leader
    4x NBA WCF appearances
    1 NBA Finals appearance
    - Never missed the playoffs in his career
    Zero titles

Now whose better? Is it just personal preference or what could be the difference...Durr DURRRR durrrrr.

I can literally add more here if I wanted to include other stats Harden's led the league in, but that's besides the point... This is how your low ball IQ ass does things.

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Enough with the stupid damn James Frauden threads. Frauden dont play here anymore.

[​IMG]

13. Asian Sensation

You are livid. Thanks for the laugh clown.

[​IMG]

14. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

I think he'll likely be in the HOF as a Rocket regardless if he wins as a Net... He's got too many accolades in Houston and likely a greater attachment to Houston than BK.

15. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

The response I expected from a casual.

16. riko

riko Member

There is zero chance harden will ever end up in a Rockets uniform. Once the Nets click they have dazzling array weapons and a superpower team on their hands.

crimsonghost likes this.
  17. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Yes, I love the rockets, but ill still rag on his ass when he is on other teams

18. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Rockets are not and will not be a championship contender anytime soon so no Harden won’t be back unless he’s hanging on to his career a la Francis.

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Eh i couldn’t care less.

I’m focused on the tanking :p well I hope we make the playoffs at least. I just want us to play well even if we tank. And build from there.
    I’m focused on the team and their future. If Harden comes idk what would be the point. Unless we are contenders or he brings his friends.
    There’s signs that we could be better but we still don’t have everyone back. trade pj & Eric

20. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Harden didn't grow up across the road from Houston.