1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

This news about Tim Kelly just further cements the speculation that the new coach is going to be Leslie Frazier. I think he is the only one of the three left that would accept the regime telling him who his OC is going to be. Since Cal McNair is beyond ignorant I bet he thinks he can appease his boy Jack by hiring a pious man such as Frazier, and appease his QB by keeping the retread Kelly. It's disgraceful that it seems like the two most important and most powerful figures determining the Texans future are Jack Easterby and Tony Dungy.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  2. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

The team cannot officially hire the coach until they are out of the playoffs but they can agree to terms beforehand, see Detroit this offseason.

I've heard 2 names this week as the frontrunners, those names being Frazier and Eberflus. The McNair's are not comfortable signing off On Bieniemy given his past and Easterby did not give him his stamp of approval, my guess is partly for the same reason and partly because Jack is a snake.

I would bet the farm on Leslie Frazier being the head coach named early next week. The McNair's love him. Bob Lamonte is his agent. Bob has been pulling strings on the McNair's for some time now and is working his magic again. Cal and Jack also believe that Frazier being a black coach will send a message to Deshaun that they are trying to put someone in place for him. I think that is stupid and will ring hollow but I can't say I'm surprised. If they wanted to do that they would hire Bieniemy and get them all up to New York to sit down with Deshaun and talk it out but we are dealing with incompetence across the board so that will not happen.

Frankly, Bieniemy is the coach this team needs. Hes not who they will get but I think we have all come to expect this from them now. Ive heard he would take the job if offered so don't think for a second that this has anything to do with him. It's a McNair problem. Expect Frazier.

I'm sorry.

Shark44 and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And what about Nick Caserio?

He’s pushed for Eric b pretty hard to the point where he found a loophole with the rules and that allowed us to interview Eric b earlier then we could have.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  4. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Nick has pushed for EB. That is true. Nick knows what it will take to right the ship.

Unfortunately, Cal has made the call from his point of view in terms of character concerns and Lamonte also very much has the ear of Cal.

It's not like Cal has a history of telling someone they could input or choose a hire and then backtracking on it does he?

Expect Frazier.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. havoc1

havoc1 Member

This guy may end up being correct, but he doesn’t have any inside info. Go through his post history. I think he called Lue to the rockets as Tillman’s choice, and that he heard it from a friend in the organization like a day before Lue took the Clippers job.

He has been claiming to have insider info for a few years and wants people to believe that he somehow has great connections with all three houston franchises. Not just to where he hears random stuff but to where he knows the inner thinking of people in the organizations. Once again, I wouldn’t pay any attention to what he is saying.

Fyreball, zeeshan2, treyk3 and 3 others like this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

What can’t go unnoticed is that Tim Kelly is a bob Lamonte client as well.

And people saying Easterby and Frazier share him as an agent as well so does Caserio...and I don’t see them trying to sabotage Caserio buy going over him and going straight to cal and having him sign off in Frazier then Caserio and cal will have a bad a relationship.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Eberflus runs a 4-3. I assume he'd want the same here. Wade has always had a 3-4.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Frazier would be the ultimate Texans hire. The punchline of the joke.

There's about five other candidates you'd pick over him.

Gonna be fun to see fans that buy into the spin after we hire Frazier and after we trade Deshaun.

"We're rebuilding by getting draft capital from trading Deshaun. Smart. Savvy move." Lol

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I would be pretty pissed about Frazier. So it’ll probably happen.

UTSA2step, gucci888 and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You have Watson under contract FOR YEARS. If he holds out, you hit him in his pockets. He can say what he wants but you have the rights to his services.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

That contract was the best thing BOB ever did for the Texans, the Hopkins trade was the worst. The BOB giveth away, the BOB extendeth.

UTSA2step and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

People worried about Bieniemy interviewing a lot but never getting hired. We're going to go with the guy who nobody else is even calling for an interview.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Nothing yet??

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

First one open last one to get filled. We’re the ugly girl in the gang bang.

15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The longer this drags out, the more likely it’s EB imo. Especially with the lack of activity by both parties after his interview. Deshaun probably hasn’t formally asked for a trade because he wants to see the hire become official.

I’m all for EB or the Defensive HC + Tim Kelly combo. I just hope the Defensive HC is Eberflus. Not sure about Frazier.

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well if the final candidates are truly EB vs. Frazier, you won’t get an official announcement till one of their season’s is done.

If you don’t hear anything by Monday then they’re likely going with whoever won Sunday’s game.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Leslie Frazier would probably be a disaster. He’s 61 years old, he hasn’t been a head coach in nearly eight years, and when he was one before he wasn’t very good at it. I’d rather trade Watson than hire a Leslie Frazier. If he’s the best you can do, you might as well just completely start over with your organization. I can’t imagine a less exciting hire.

18. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I agree with pretty much everything you have said. If they hire Leslie Frazier multiple things are going to happen.
    1. They have decided to trade Deshaun
    2. They are focusing on a rebuild
    3. They care about culture over winning
    4. They will cut JJ Watt
    5. Will fuller is not going to be resigned
    6. Easterby is still running the show

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

This will come down to who Easterby pushes. Agents and relationships aside, if he tells Cal that Frazier is the guy, it will be him.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

But something should come out like Eric b is likely to be HC in Houston.

Or maybe something like a 2nd interview planned with Eric b.

There can be “sources” coming out saying Eric b is going to be HC especially with the sources in Houston.