1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

"Right now Deshaun Watson's agent is trying to run the Texans" -- Brian T Smith on SiriusXM

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

The more McClain assures everyone that Watson isn't going anywhere the more I am convinced that Watson is already gone.

#962 evilhomer, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It honestly sounds like you’re talking about Mahomes.
    Watson was awesome this year, and besides last year he has progressed each year. He’s a stud. But there are a couple young studs on his level in the league now. And there’s a couple in this draft that are on that same level.

4. Jay713

Jay713 Member

Mahomes= weapons galore
    Watson = lol weapons.
    There aren’t and won’t be any qbs on Watsons level in this draft or the next 3 drafts.
    Watson is a rare, rare breed.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The league is saturated with good, young quarterbacks. The Texans have one. Because of these two things, Texans fans are naively thinking they can be picked off a cherry tree. Not true.

We've got a probable Hall of Famer. We would we trade that to have a shot at a potential pro bowl quarterback?

6. showa13

showa13 Member

The only QB's in the NFL 25 and under who are on Deshaun's level are Mahomes and Josh Allen(who Deshaun is better than). Herbert and Burrow are close but Burrow's year got cut short and Herbert was more inconsistent than Deshaun in his rookie year(granted he did finish the whole year). I'm taking Deshaun over each of them, and it's not a hard decision. As for this upcoming draft only Trevor Lawrence looks like someone who could be on Deshaun's level. Wilson is TBD, Fields is an Ohio State QB(almost a guaranteed bust), and the rest are very meh.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I agree with what you are saying.
    But to say that you can’t find someone of Watson’s caliber is not true. Mahomes? For sure.
    And Herbert rookie season was best season ever for a rookie QB.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If Watson didn't get hurt he would have had maybe just as good or better of a season

Omihall23 and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Hyperbole at its finest. There were just people in here saying that Kelce and Hill weren’t special.
    Watson has receivers.
    Whether you believe it or not, there is a big gap from Mahomes to Watson.
    That’s not a knock on Watson, that’s just how good Mahomes is.

And it’s not my first choice to trade him, he’s shown he is an upper echelon QB. But if he forces his way out, have to have a back up plan.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, his season was special. So was Herberts

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Watson has receivers. what the fk is that suppose to mean, every team has receivers. It's the quality of receivers are what we are talking about. Our best receiver was hopkins who we traded for scrapes. Our primary then became glass legs fuller.

Just b/c people say kelce and hill weren't special doesn't mean they aren't. Both of them got into the pro bowl roster while none of our "receivers even sniffed it".

There isn't a big gap from mahomes to watson. There's a coach, team and franchise gap between the two which makes u think there's a gap.

U wanna know why there isn't any mention of watson even though he's tearing it up? it's cause his team is sht, and the receivers are meh, but he still puts up the stats.

Honestly.

Jay713 likes this.
  13. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I heard on sports 610 that Texans have a verbal agreement with Eric B. How true is this? I haven’t seen it anywhere..

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

By a caller or the hosts? Was the phrase "Them boys on Kirby" used.

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

There’s a big gap between Mahomes and Watson. That’s ok.
    Fuller and Cooks are solid receivers. They both would start on 90% of the teams in the league.
    I’m not gonna get into this conversation again, knocking players to falsely elevate another is just not something I’m good with. Even if it benefits a player I’m a fan of.

Mahomes is on another level.
    Watson and Allen are in the same tier.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think Allen is a slight step below Watson. His accuracy is not nearly on the same level, in my opinion, due to his sheet arm strength.

17. steveng125

steveng125 Member

no by the host they were talking about houston news. They mentioned the Brantley signing and then that Eric Bienemy has came to a verbal agreement with the Texans. Not sure what show it was but they had Geoff Blum as a guest.

Rudyc281 and Fulgore like this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And I wouldn’t argue that too much. His accuracy was real close to Watsons this year. Would like to see it repeated.
    Watson slightly more accurate, Allen has stronger arm.
    Pretty much a wash in terms of rushing, one more wiggly and one more powerful:

19. Jay713

Jay713 Member

Just because you say so does not mean it's true. There is not a big gap. Just a small one. Watson would put up similar numbers had he been groomed by the Chiefs' staff and had pro bowl receivers catching the ball and staying healthy. Oh yeah, and Watson had no running game.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So when he had an all pro receiver, a strong running game in 2019, it was just the coaching?

This year was his first elite season. Mahomes and Rodgers were a clear entire level above Watson and Allen.