1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo: Our better days are ahead. Everyone just stay patient.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 18, 2021.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I watch the Rockets no matter what. Honestly I'd be more interested in seeing how the young guys play than watching Wall, Cousins and Dipo. We know what they are, and they just aren't good enough to win a ring. If we aren't good enough to win a ring we should rebuild. No point in spinning our wheels like the Kevin Martin era. Do what the Stros did and bottom out. Clean house get young talent on rookie deals and attract a big name free agent.

That should be the plan. I'd be much more optimistic with John Wall at 20 million. But John wall at 42 million is not something that will win a ring ever.

Same with Oladipo. He's not a max player and we should not pay him the max just because.

If John Wall and Oladipo make more or just as much as Lebron and AD or KD and Harden. Our chances of winning is like 1% and that's just hoping they get injured.

#201 RHU525, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    DCHAMP and verysimplejason like this.
  2. verysimplejason

It seems Oladipo is good. He can be a #2 or #3. Now the question is, who's #1?

3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

who was no 1, 2, 3 on miami last year?

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

If dipo stays long enough for full crowds, “trust the process” chants are in order.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Is there a bet for Rox making it to the playoffs? I believe the odds there is only for championship not making the playoffs. Lol Im so confident I can do a 100 usd bet with you rn. Sse the Rox only 4 pts behind league leading PHX? Oh right thats only 3 game sample size now. Wait some more man it'll be 4 game sample size next time.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

The max for Dipo and max for Wall is different. Walls max is 42M for Dipo its just 30M. That means Dipo actually makes less than Lebron, AD etc even if he is also a max player. His 2 way play is worth 30M IMO.

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

What about Christian Wood? I thought we were talking about Oladipo. Are you now trying to say that Wood is gonna be our Harden caliber player someday? That Christian Wood is going to take us to the promised land? He's good, but not THAT good. I don't think he's even good enough to help us get the 8th seed, but the jury is still out. I'm definitely not confused when I have you pegged as someone who is delusional and/or bad at sports analysis.

#208 Entropy, Jan 20, 2021
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

There is no way Oladipo is worth 30 million. Can he even be the 3rd best player on a championship team? 30 million dollars better get you an all star and he won't even sniff the All Star team in the West. Is he even a top 20 guard in the nba?

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

oladipo: my Miami days are ahead. I just have to be patient.

payaso, TEXNIFICENT and tycoonchip like this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

All star is just a popularity contest. He is around Mcollum level and is worth the 30M due to his 2 way play imo.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

When Dipo said better days, he meant for him when he is living and playing in Miami.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yep means he gone! Cunningham here we go...

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the sooner we trade him and PJ the better. we don't need them winning meaningless games when cade awaits.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I'll bet you. 100 dollars to tip jar for clutch fans. Rockets don't make the playoffs.

I actually think the Rockets might finish as the worst team in the West.

roslolian and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I'd take Mcollum over him any day. At least he had an elite skill which is shooting. I don't know what Oladipo is good at. He just makes me miss and appreciate what James Harden could do when I watch him play.

The only way I'd play Oladipo 30 million is if I already have two superstars and I'm over the cap. Then it doesn't matter what he makes to anyone except Tillman.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This was a BAD team with Harden and a BAD team without Harden. Harden knew the jig was up. Tillman has a crap product that’s going to have to get much worse to get better unfortunately. Trade Gordon & Oladipo for more picks and continue the rebuild. By the time this team is ready to win, Silas won’t be here either.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok man you on, barring injuries to Wood and Dipo of course. Just remind me if I forget.

RHU525 likes this.
  19. Entropy

Entropy Member

First off, Butler is a better player than Oladipo. Secondly, Butler aint on this team, so it doesn't matter what he did or didn't do. Three, Oladipo IS on this team.

Curry was elite in playmaking, passing, and shooting from the get go regardless of his health. Oladipo is not even close to Curry's level even before he won his MVPs and championships, and that's why he can't do it.

#219 Entropy, Jan 20, 2021
  20. Mr. Space City