1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 1/18/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 18, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

1. Pls do not mention the Warriors ever again (if you must) .....it's just brutal.

2, The Warriors are history, at least they are not the most interesting subject to talk about.

3. The chances get better when the organization makes a turn for the better and actually gets the blue print of how to assemble a championship team.

There are several people in the league who do know.

4. You got to have a No. 1-3 pick, or at least that type of talent. That is the hardest one to attain.

Not an Allstar, not a star, a bona fide superstar.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

just a reminder this bulls team destroyed lukas mavs the other night

18pbr likes this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I felt a few of the assists.

hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

20 3s mang...

5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Speaking of Mavs, Wood comparison is closer to KP than to AD...

and also Mavs had a lot of guys out that game with safety protocol

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

when Wood and Dipo started the pnr, yeah I felt those. You're right.

Silas should start doing that more. a lot more.

hakeem94, don grahamleone and 18pbr like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

8. JW86

JW86 Member

We have time to find the right rotation and chemistry with Oladipo, which was clearly lacking. I am very positive given our injuries, new starting lineup and everything else.

Only Nwaba as a starter I don’t see having any good results going forward. He is just not a good enough shooter, way too trigger happy on threes he cannot hit and small to play as a SF. Give me Tate already.

Tucker guarding guys on the perimeter like Lavine is something Silas needs to look at. Other then that, Jones has earned a spot and I’m kind of done already with Cousins. Still thinks he’s a star, wants to post up and shoot tough threes and just swipes at any arm around the basket. In general I’m worried about boxing out, it’s not just size.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL and how many guy we had out?

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

this right here. Harden was spoiling us with greatness every game when he was hungover. Dipo had the second best debut in Rockets history and we big sad, lol. I'm going to have to step back (no pun intended, RIP Harden) and let Dipo be Dipo

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Its not a discussion about warriors its the discussion about recipe for success. And Warriors are actually a fantastic case study because they are most recent example and a modern one(you want me to talk 60s Celtics?) and they glaringly show that the popular opinions are wrong in perhaps every single one of their tenets about how to win. Perhaps thats actually reason why they have won so fast and so big. But OK lets put them aside

How about Miami last year,
    is there a single person in the world that had Miami as title favorites and contenders last year?

Yet if not for the unfortunate injuries to key players they could have easily won it all and do it with rookies and sophomores playing key roles.

Butler, Dragic Herro Bam

Are you kidding me ? these guys almost won it all!?

Are they that more talented than all stars type players of Houston Rockets Wood, Wall, Oladipo, plus Gordon , Mason Jason, Tucker Sterling brown etc? Plus we got a lot of assets to make it even a better team.

And people would rather tank? lol Its a typical procrastination and perfectionism syndrom to think that multiple allstars team, full of assets and great role players, with the great coach, and in the year when the league is wide open should tank. goodnes gracious! :D:D:D

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Miami last year didnt have avg 35pts scorer yet they almost won it all ... only injuries prevented them from doing so

I would have gladly traded oladipo scoring so much for the ball movement and set plays we had in the first spurs game...where attack comes from all angles and everyone is a threat

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Hate to break it to you, but we no longer have a top 5 player on the roster.