1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins to Houston!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Fefo

Fefo Member

Until i see him perform at any level, i wont get excited. He was great before his achilles injury, but theres a reason nobody really wants him, so we have to be careful with expectations and think that maybe, he wont be even a rotation player.

2. s3ts

s3ts Member

My guess is he'll be in rotation unless he has any issues with health. Also on limited minutes.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

The main issue with Boogie is the mental and conditioning aspect. He has dealt with maturity and weight issues his entire career. Weight esp is important cuz he is coming back from injury, if he is like overweight thats gonna put a lot of stress oj his achilles.

Unlike say Shaq or Dwight, Boogie is a skills oriented C so even if he comes back slower I doubt it affects him much cuz he scores with low post moves and 3s. His game can totally mirror Gasol's imo in the worst case scenario.

D-rock and s3ts like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

In a vacuum this team is pretty loaded and I agree its the most talented team Harden has ever had in Houston but the prob is the Lakers are just as good or even better than KD GSW team, Lebron+AD two of the top 5 players in the world then add a deep ass bench and high IQ vets like Gasol and Schroeder. They even have room to improve cuz they can flip Kuzma for another piece at the trade deadline. Vogel is also a really good coach, opposing teams were able to get 1 win vs the Lakers then got shut down by his adjustments.

If the Lakers are healthy I just dont see anybody beating them, Rox included.

5. s3ts

s3ts Member

Totally agree, he needs to focus on maintaining a lower weight to take pressure off his legs while also slowing down his game. Doing those two things, I think he can still contribute to a winning team and see the court for decent minutes.

6. riko

riko Member

Defensively as we saw in the playoffs they were amazing and now you add Schroeder and Matthews that makes them a better overall defensive team. Not to mention a former defensive player in Marc Gasol.

Their half court defense got better with Gasol and their press defense got a lot more athletic with Schroeder and Matthews. With those two to play more full court press or trap defense and Gasol shores up their interior.

they did lose a little bit of shooting with Gren and Avery Bradley leaving but overall they got a lot better .

7. Fefo

Fefo Member

Is not only that anymore. Aquilles probably took all the little athletics he's got before. Its like wall, both of them haven't really done anything in 2 years. They could be great, or they may suck , nobody knows, but one thing i can tell you almost for sure, it will take some games for both of them to get back into playing shape, so we wont really know what we have until February/march.

8. Fantasma Negro

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

How long ago was this?

Boogie looking flabby.

10. Fantasma Negro

Sometime in late May or early June

D-rock likes this.
  11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

12. swedish-olajuwon

Boggy Couscous in da house!
    @tinman is nutsucka.

13. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

he was committed to get healthy means he is committed to getting that big contract he lost. He is motivated. Love it.

tinman, DVauthrin and saleem like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Or added some serious Photoshop skilz.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

First part is even more telling than the latter

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

He simply needs to take less 3s. Some of them are not even smart, open shots. He is taking contested “heat check” shots before he even makes one! We need to deliberately throw some post plays for him to get him started. And he still shouldn’t be playing more than 15 min for at least another month. Shouldnt ever get over 25 this season.

17. caneks

caneks Rookie

It was a very stupid decision to bring him here, simple as that.

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Strongly disagree. Houston paid him 2 million for 1 year to see if he's a serviceable backup. I think that was worth a shot, and plus, if he's going to continue to look this bad for the rest of the year, he could be a valuable tanking piece. It's not like they gave him a big long term contract.

19. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I imagine we'll use him the way the NBA has been trending to use the traditional big man: Keep them on the roster for those matchups against bigs that can actually post. But other than those handful of games, spot minutes at best.

I hope he improves though to be able to crack more of the rotation on a regular basis

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Tilman's line cooks are gonna get paid when they lay off Cousins