1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you see someone in a MAGA hat now what comes to mind?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Jan 20, 2021.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After Joe takes over I just wonder what people will think if they see someone still wearing a MAGA hat.

Personally, I would probably get an instant gut feeling to avoid getting near them, and avoid eye contact and conversation if I didn't know them. I just wouldn't get a good feeling about them.

I'd wonder...... Are they some crazy extremist radical? Are they dangerous, and packing a gun? Are they crazy, or are they just a good person who is so brainwashed they still believe Trump's votes were stolen or that he was chosen by God and was the best President ever?

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

walk away especially when they not wearing a mask. you know they will get near you and talk loud in your faces to spread the virus to you.

Rashmon, Reeko, edwardc and 3 others like this.
  3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

We as a country can’t live like that. A lot of these folks are just normal people that feel like they’ve been left behind and Trump swooped it with promises that appealed to them. For now though it’s probably best to avoid religion and politics in polite company...like it used to be.

Nook, Dayop, plutoblue11 and 5 others like this.
  4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Appreciative of those that are amiable, but wary as collectively they are dangerous.

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Racist....

T_Man

Dgn1 likes this.
  6. AWIN

AWIN Member

I make sure my wallet/purse is safe and check to make sure it is still there after I pass them by.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Sad, America was taken by a con man because he was a reality TV star. So stupid, what will they believe going forward?

Of course as a society we are bombarded with bullshit we are suppose to believe in every form of information, communication and entertainment all day every day.

When I'm drivin' in my car, and the man come on the radio
    He's tellin' me more and more about some useless information
    Supposed to fire my imagination

glynch and edwardc like this.
  8. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

That the only thing missing from the hat are bullet holes.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Radical. Possible terrorist.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah but after the fact that there's no evidence and the vulgar attempts to overturn the results and inciting violence in the Capitol? that still appeals them?

Dubious likes this.
  11. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Gullible, racism, and just plain stupidity.

Reeko, Newlin, Dgn1 and 2 others like this.
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

When I run into someone wearing a MAGA hat this is what I see.

[​IMG]

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

stupid, a**hole, traitor, sucker, authoritarian boot-licker, racist, small penis.

Reeko, Dgn1, edwardc and 2 others like this.
  14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

if they still support him after all this and wear their MAGA hats or fly their flags then I'll think they are

racist, stupid, brainwashed, cult members.

Reeko, Dgn1 and edwardc like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

Simply put TRAITOR .

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have to agree with these responses. After all, a MAGA hat stands for Trump. Anyone still standing for Trump is standing for a traitor, a liar, a cheat, a con, a narcissist, a hate stirring psycho, and a man with no respect for anyone but those that can give him something.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes. People who say we are painting with large brushes, let me be clear. There is a large difference between merely voting for him in 2016 and still supporting him to this day to the point of wearing his paraphernalia today.

A causal follower of politics in 2016 who doesn't like Hillary can mistakenly vote for Trump without being a brainwashed racist loony conspiracy theorist. But in 2021 after all that has happened and you still have the audacity to wear a MAGA hat tells me enough about your state of mind in that either you want to generate reactions and are a troll or you just are really digging in your heels in racist conspiratorial views.

My reaction would be to just simply avoid interacting with them. I'm going to assume someone wearing a MAGA hat today wants to generate some sort of viral reaction so they can post it on YouTube and show how discriminated they are to get some clicks.

#18 fchowd0311, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  19. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

"Man, that person really loves game shows."

Dubious likes this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Honestly, @deb4rockets, just sadness. Not fear. I think a relatively small % of MAGA hat folk want to act out violently.

We can't expect rapid transformations in people who staked their own personal identity to that movement. Give people time to adjust, and we have to realize they may never adjust.

deb4rockets likes this.