1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo: Our better days are ahead. Everyone just stay patient.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Give me a break. He's obviously referring to the team as it's currently composed, not the team pre-trade. Also, I love when people like you throw out the "eighth seed" rhetoric as if we never touched that seeding with Harden. We were the eighth seed twice during Harden's first four years here.

apollo33, roslolian, abaker28 and 2 others like this.
  2. Entropy

Entropy Member

With Harden we were indeed in the "better times are ahead" era, as he morphed into the MVP, 8th seed or no. Dipo is never going to be an MVP caliber player, and along with his fragile health, his court longevity is a concern too. We'll be lucky if we even get to the 8th seed with how teams are stacked now, and always have been, in the West.

3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Oh I’m sorry. I guess I confused you with someone who actually watched the Rockets. We have this guy named Christian Wood. You should check him out.

roslolian likes this.
  4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol Vic will be gone in 2 months

BossHogg713 and pippendagimp like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Butler is not mvp type either yet he almost won last year with supporting cast of rookies and no names , only injury bad luck prevented it?

Why couldnt oladipo do the same?

Also remember once upon the time curry was of fragile health and no court longevity yet he was unanonimous mvp

roslolian, raining threes and Denovo like this.
  6. lalala902102001

He's talking the right talk. What do you expect him to say? "We are going to suck"?

Let Dipo score 30 a night to pump up his trade value so we can flip him for a first rounder at the trade dead line. There is no way he stays beyond this season anyway.

7. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Yes, we will need those picks to move Wall

8. riko

riko Member

Stop comparing this poor guy to Harden. Harden is a top 5 player and arguably a top 2 offensive offensive machine along with his running mate in Brooklyn .

Let Dipo be the best version of himself

roslolian, tinman and raining threes like this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is team is a work in progress but there definite is an excitement here for the unknown.

want see how the chemistry is with wall, woods and him at the end of the season.
    I think we can make the playoffs

roslolian likes this.
  10. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Rockets are far from a mediocre team. They tried to surround players around Harden and almost reached the finals. From your perspective, if they do not win a championship then it simply does not matter. Who cares about championship cities sports fans?! Like really is that your benchmark to support your own city's team so that you can have bragging power? In that case, the whole concept of being a fan is diluted and superficial. Sports team in general takes time to build just like any business does. There is no overnight success. If you like overnight success then all NBA teams should be superteams. Building a good team takes time and a lot of luck hoping that a draft pick turns into a superstar or players stay healthy especially in playoffs. Nothing is guaranteed.

Victorious, Amel, BallaDoc and 2 others like this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Miami's success only teach us 2 things, 1.draft and scout your own young and upcoming borderline stars. 2. Be Miami so players want to live there. We might achieve the first, but we will never be the second.

With that said Butler is way more of a MVP type player than Dipo probably ever will be. But that's okay too. I like Dipo, but he is 28 and likely going to be on the downside of his career by the time we ever try to be a playoffs team, especially with Wall's contract.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

The Rox are already a playoff team this year. Their record just doesnt reflect that due to small sample size and guys being held out for one reason or the other. But this team is already a playoff team esp if they can get a starting center. Looking at the standings for example Spurs are 5th seed currently and we have 3-1 record against that team, and the one loss was with half the roster out and Tucker/Tate having their worst games for the season so far.

Amel likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This Rockets TEAM will be better with Oladipo than Harden.....

DD

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL @ OP talking about patience

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

If we wanted to be a playoffs team we would have taken Allen and Prince instead of getting a late 1st round pick.

And no as it stands we are not a playoffs team. Especially when Wall is out indefinitely and Tucker and Gordon on the brink of being moved for more picks.

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

fake Rockets fans, get the F outta here

17. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Whatever you say, Mr. Leaving Next Month.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So funny..

When there was legit reason for optimism for years, soooo many decided to be pessimistic.

A switch flipped and now the opposite is true.

Wood is a TOP 5 center RIGHT NOW! Dipo is gonna make us a better team than Harden! Playoffs baby! We can be the next Warriors, no one saw them coming!

Some are setting some pretty high expectations for such a flawed(and injury risk filled)group in a pretty tough conference.

But I guess anything is possible. Some of you guys could make a killing in Vegas right now going against what they are predicting.

19. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

one of the things about Oladipo is that he is not selfish in any way, he is honest and very intelligent. He would be the perfect player to mentor an up and coming young prospect. I don't get the negativity here, what Stone has done is taken low risk routes to see who fits and buys in. I think Oladipo is a great asset to this team and we might have dodged a bullet with Lavert who is on a 3 year contract. I would have liked to have Allen as well but I prefer bigs that can shoot and he doesn't fit that description, so that void still can be filled.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Prince sucks for his salary. Allen would have been a nice piece but wouldnt be the diff between making and missing the playoffs.

Look I already gave you the evidence did you watch the 2 Spurs games? Those 2 games were witthout Wall and EG and Tucker is currently playing like trash. Spurs are top 5 seed right now if we're around that level without our guys then we'll obv make the playoffs. Tucker will def be moved but he is playing like trash so he doesnt matter. EG wont be moved because he is a liability Rox will need to give up assets to move him so he'll be staying until he is an expiring.

The way Rox are playing now is the worst they arw gonna play they can only get better unless Wood or Dipo goes down for the season.