1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Steph carry his own team thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jiggyfly, Dec 22, 2020.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They were a deep team. Two all-stars. One superstar player. No one projected them to be nearly as good as they ended up being. That was a perfect example of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. They didn’t have the individual talent level of the Miami super teams, or this year’s Nets teams. The Cavs were arguably more talented but I believe they had injuries to Irving and Love in the playoffs.

That’s why I said you win with a combination of talent, smarts, chemistry, and luck.

JumpMan likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't have time to look back over 60+ pages. Just look at this, 4 posts before:

This poster keeps arguing that Curry is not that good an offensive player without a stacked team. Read the posts of HP3 and HardenVolumeOne and you know what I'm talking about. But they aren't the only ones.

Icehouse likes this.
  3. Major

Major Member

Isn't that the whole point, though? Curry's impact on games doesn't have to show in his individual stats. He runs around in circles, and because of his ability to shoot, defenses have to chase him around and get caught up in what he's doing. That frees up other players to take advantage of defensive mistakes - without Curry ever needing to touch the ball. That's the whole premise behind what makes that motion system so effective. Everyone on the court's skills are maximized by having him on the court doing his thing.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

What? Dude I was just refuting the claims that his TS% is back to what it was before his super team. His offensive impact is great but it’s not at the level it once was. He’s still an amazing offensive player but his team’s success currently is on the defensive end. He’s also been very feat or famine this season. You should read my other posts on what I think of Curry. He’s one of the great players ever but currently with less talent on his roster his offensive impact isn’t as great. If you want to see someone who is actually hard carrying on offense right now, you should look at Nikola Jokic.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude’s try so hard to be “objective” on here, they see anyone who corrects them and tries to group them as a Curry hater or Harden Stan.

jiggyfly and hakeem94 like this.
  6. HardenVolumeOne

wiggins and oubre were 19 ppg scorers before they even got to the warriors

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. HardenVolumeOne

jokic is insane, cant believe i used to make fun of this guy when harden and the rockets would own him for years. He has taken his game to another level

HP3 likes this.
  8. riko

riko Member

Harden and Luka are better then Curry .

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

to me this is similar to miami's team last year... a mediocre talent yet huge success (if it werent for the injuries to 2 key players)

cf were laughing at butler for going solo and refusing to team up with harden but he almost did it and he went further than harden

now last year miamis team definitely has some talent but its only because we backward rationalize it... they were projected to be a mediocre team , pretenders at best , going nowhere... just like the gsw of 2014

dmoneybangbang, wekko368 and Major like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That 73 win team lost after leading 3-1 if that was Harden he would never hear the end of it.

So you agree that Curry is not the talent of Harden?

That's my entire point.

11. dmoneybangbang

Curry isn't the talent of Harden but he's more of a winner. Curry was wise enough to know everything shouldn't revolve around him and was able to create a system to go along with under Kerr.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Here are his TS% through the years.
    09-10 .568
    10-11 .595
    11-12 .605
    12-13 .589
    13-14 .610
    14-15 .638
    15-16 .669
    16-17 .624
    17-18 .675
    18-19 .641
    19-20 .557 (injured, played only 5 games)
    20-21 .603

2014-15 is the year when the Warriors started to be great.

I am so tired of arguing with you. It's always Harden, Harden, Harden. Everybody is not good compared to Harden. Every argument from you is to prop up Harden.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The reason he was able to "create" :rolleyes: a system like that is because he had talented players around him to play that style.

That has nothing to do with him being a winner.

Draymond was the key to everything when he started playing big minutes that team took of, kinda like they did this year when Draymond started playing after being injured.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You know you just made his point for him right?

HP3 and vator like this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

to be fair we are on a rockets board where people has seen and compared who can truly carry teams farthest to the playoffs by himself for a decade

and this thread is about ability to carry teams

jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

Let's not be naïve, Harden and Curry have different games and philosophies. Obviously surrounding talent matters, but Harden had some talented teams too. We had the best regular season Rockets record under Harden, no? We led the best team ever created double digits going into halftime but couldn't score a basket with Harden because we kept driving and shooting 3s?

I don't understand why you have this belief that Harden was just a helpless bystander in all of this....

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kam the Worrier.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You forgot.

Harden, Harden, Harden.

Dribble, dribble, dribble.

hakeem94 and Easy like this.
  19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yes, and why do you think that's the case? Draymond Green is a great passer but a poor playmaker. His offensive impact relies on his teammates creating a defensive breakdown. In other words, no single star could unlock Green's offensive potential like Curry.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am not making anybody's point. I was talking to another poster about Curry's performance this season, and HP3 jumped in the argue about a stat I mentioned because he somehow perceived that it was a slight to his hero Harden.

BTW, I forgot to include you to the company of HP3 and HardenVolumeOne. My bad.

hakeem94 likes this.