1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

was hoping to get a better discount on the warrants, but judging by today's action i think people have been eying the warrants. a few months ago i'm pretty sure we could have gotten the warrants for $1.50 or less on the day of split :(

Hoping for a safe, peaceful day tmr.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No. I never had any SRAC. I even sold off my SPCE weeks ago (got stopped out). :( I think both are popping simply because of Ms. Wood's coming ETF. I'm sure SPCE will pop again when they announce another launch attempt or as ARK keeps gobbling them up.

I noticed GSAH popping up today and triggering breakers. lol. Anybody know if it's on actual news? I can't find any.
    Meanwhile NGA is down 9-10% now after announcing another deal. Did I miss another story?

FYI : I don't own any of these, but they're on my watch list...

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

4. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Curious as to people's thoughts around whether trend of rapid short term price rises in SPACs will be a trend that continues for the whole of 2021.
    It seems like there are not many cases of SPACs not resulting in successful reverse mergers, looking at it purely from a share price perspective in the last year. The people behind the SPACs are obviously the most important factor in determining the prospects, so I presume there will be an influx of these coming in this year as more money is poured in.

5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

rumor is blockfi

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, but haven't those rumors been around a while? I've seen GSAH associated with several future SPAC prospects, namely MoneyLion, BlockFi, eToro, etc. Hmm.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

@Sajan

I think I saw them going after LMND recently.

8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

i haven't looked into this recently, but my last check is that there are lots of spacs that go below $10 post-merger. There are also 200+ pre-merger SPACs. A lot just sit around without a deal or hype for many months. The ones that make the headlines about are the ones with well known management, or rumor of exciting target.

to answer your qn, i think a very high profile flop could shake people's confidence and buck the trend; like softbank self dealing knowingly buying one of their iffy holdings at an inflated price, and merger getting approved by themselves despite price below $10; something like that. but i'll worry about that when it happens... try to make as much while it's still raining...

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

[​IMG]

Citron past shorts: The price it was when they shorted it and the price now
    BB: $11.39... $11
    NVDA: $149... $520
    UI: $52 .... $246
    SHOP: $104....$1159
    W: $84.... $291
    TSLA: $177..... $840
    NIO: $44..... $58
    PLTR: $27.66....26.70

Got to love these activists. Trying to save us money. How nice of them!

Ziggy and STR8Thugg like this.
  10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

inuv still running, up 180% for the day. all i know is AI is involved haha.

CCity Zero likes this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It depends on what you mean by "short-term price rises". There are people that sit around on SPAC's for months while others daytrade them like crack-monkeys. If it's a "respected" SPAC with good backing/management, then some just try to get in as low as possible and .... wait. Others play the warrants. Others wait until an announcement is made about a merger and then jump in and wait. The problem is nowadays these things are moving up and down on seemingly no news, so the latter may cause you to miss out on gains. Like some SPACs could go from $10 - $15 on no merger news.

There have been some that have failed for various reasons, though, but it isn't common. The easiest way to lose money in a SPAC is jumping in later in the game, trying to daytrade it, and hold onto it too long or sell too early.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I hate Citron, as stated often and perhaps too often, but some of those numbers about when they shorted, etc. are a bit disingenouous. For example, they haven't been short TSLA since $177. lol. They eventually went long on TSLA around October 23, 2018 (spontaneously, like I mentioned in a post months ago), so who knows if they've made a ton of money since then or were neutral and out of their positions by then.

BTW, this is the LMND tweet they sent out a few days ago I was referring to :

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

CCity Zero, saitou and Dr of Dunk like this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, this is great

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Thanks! Bookmarked lol

STR8Thugg likes this.
  17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Re: citron using internetz, stock promotion is part of the game, and if bulls can do it, it's fair game. There's a reason the ark analysts are on Twitter pimping their picks and love going on cnbc to give headline grabbing price targets.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I seriously busted out laughing after looking at that. Oddly enough, the rise coincided with a pandemic and market collapse/Fed liquidity injection.

Sajan likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For those that worship him :

STR8Thugg likes this.