1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

It might be just me. But i feel James Harden will return someday :,)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leangle25, Jan 19, 2021.

1. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I think we should move on. I wish he gets his ring.

Harden will be 34-5 years old by then. He might want to come back to get paid since I’m sure he won’t get that 50M anywhere anymore.
    He could prob still get 40M somewhere but not here.
    Idk maybe 35M we will see how much he lost to go to the Nets
    If they win I think it might be worth it for Harden but if they don’t, he will lose a lot of money.

We need move on and build up what we have. Maybe if he wants to come off the bench like a Lou Williams perhaps.
    But I don’t see him being back as the main guy. Especially not if we find a young player or players from the picks we will have. We would want to develop them.
    I mean he wouldn’t be the focus of our offense anymore. Coach Silas might be still the coach and I don’t see him going back to isolations. He would have to chance even if he comes as a starter.

If we sign Harden, would it be to be contenders or would it be just for nostalgia?
    Because if it’s the ladder that would be pointless and the former we would need to bring 1 or 2 star caliber players or have developed young guys by then that are thriving.
    If that’s the case then only way I see Harden fitting in would be for our bench depth if it doesn’t cost us much or as a starter but as the 2nd or 3rd guy.

Will he try to dictate and have his say in everything again?

As long as Tilman is the owner, I doubt he will be okay with us signing Harden for more than 25M a year when Harden is 34. Or I doubt he would even be okay with Signing Harden back.

it’s more likely that if the Nets don’t win a championship in 3 or 4 years that he will go with Morey. Morey will sign him right away.

idk we will see in 3 or 4 years.

2. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Maybe in the off-season

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

It's just you ....

The way he wormed his way out was ....shitty.

I don't want shitty on my favorite team.

If they make it to the finals , I hope Lebron kicks their ass ..... and I hate Leb!tch.

4. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I sure as hell hope not...

T_Man

5. conquistador#11

No thanks. Throwing the game like he did against the Lakers, pretending he couldn't move.

Surfguy, DaDakota and the shark like this.
  6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Naww we good. He should never get a chance to quit on the Rockets again.

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Cp3 did what again during the 18-19 season? We also lost Ariza and Luc and decided to replace them with Ennis and Melo! Ya we got westbrook traded for Covington and decided that we couldn't afford a center!
    This abusive boyfriend also chased out one of the best GMs and a respectable coach in D'Antoni.
    We now have a rookie coach and a GM who has done what? Got Woods? Morey wanted him last season. This team is now garbage and stems from an owner who thinks he knows what he's doing but DOES NOT!
    Who in the hell runs decisions about their team without even consulting their main star. Ya.... this team is good for one thing TANK CITY!
    He wanted a big 3 and what we gave him is a cheap knock off.
    FERTITTA SUCKS! Name any team that wouldn't pay Harden the max?

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He will not return. So long as Tilman is the owner at least.

9. T_Man

If that's the case I hope owns the team until he's out the league...

T_Man

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

It's just you. Keep dreaming.

I love that he's gone. This team needed a reset with a new coach, GM, and new players.

T_Man likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So you hope we can suck until Harden retires? Nice.

12. jayydela

jayydela Member

If he were to come back and truly feel "indebted" he'd sign for the minimum.

sammy likes this.
  13. T_Man

Why does everyone think that since we don't have Harden we will suck?

I've watched what Silas has done with the Mavs and right now he just needs some pieces that he can work with within his system.....

When Leonard left the Raptors, they actually played well because they played as a team... Team ball can carry you very far and can produce superstars on a team...

T_Man

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

It might be just me. But i feel James Harden will return someday :,)

[​IMG]

tycoonchip likes this.
  15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The Nets don't play a lot of defense so it could be tough for them to get to the Finals. Harden still isn't in really good basketball shape so I can't imagine his defense being anywhere near the level that we saw in the bubble.

Moving Kyrie for a couple of dogs and draft picks could make sense for the Nets after this season if they can't win it all. Harden coming back at a discount after winning a title would be ideal, but the Nets have a long ways to go.. could happen. They've had 1 practice together and should make another move by the deadline.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The Raptors have a lot more talent than we do, I'm not sure why this is hard for people to comprehend.

We're not a very good team, and we don't have a lot of talent. This team is going to be bad.

Cousins is washed up. Wall is not the same player and can't stay healthy for 2 weeks. Oladipo is a free agent. Gordan can't shoot 3's anymore, PJ is old, and Wood is still learning. Only Wood will likely get better with time - the rest will get worse or leave.

And if you trust management led under Tilman ownership to bring this team to glory, well, I got some swampland for ya.

tycoonchip likes this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

FACTS.

tycoonchip likes this.
  18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

There may not even be a franchise in Houston for him to return to. The way that Tilman has torpedoed this franchise, his current financial situation, the ongoing pandemic, this team 100% will be sold. My concern is when you are selling a team that is not very good and the financials do not line up with the asking price, people start to forecast something that makes sense, and that may involve a different market all together like Seattle.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This ****ing pathetic

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This post says it all!
    ThE Raptors were stacked before kawaii and when he left they were still stacked last season. We're not a good team. That's ok because there are players in this years draft that are real game changers!