1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Len

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jan 19, 2021.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I’m not sure Cousins is good enough to be a backup C at this point

D-rock likes this.
  2. Garner

Garner Member

what an ******* way to attempt to state your point (which you failed to do).

if you want people to hear you, on this forum or your actual life, be less of a c***.

ThrillaNManilla likes this.
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah I know Wood isnt really a center but, other than his defense he is doing well there. Len could still play some type of role for us. Just another big body.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I didn't want to say it but it looks that way.

bulkatron likes this.
  5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Who What Why???

6. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

This brings back so many awesome memories ... tear!

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i wonder where is the coaching
    dont believe hes uncoachable .... imho a great coach would make a great use of cousins.. yes his athleticism is gone but i refuse to believe hes unusable

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He's the half-a-center I was referring to. I'm not smoking the weed he's the next Hakeem yet, either.

RudyTBag and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Oh yeah, I agree. He's doing great. But I'd also like to have someone else with some heft to bang around in there when necessary. Right now it's him and nobody else really to back him up unless Boogie can go for 5 minutes without gassing.

coachbadlee and RudyTBag like this.
  10. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I don't know anything about Len, but after last night, I'll take him. I might even take Bruno back. I'd probably be okay with signing Tyson Chandler out of retirement at whatever age he is if our only alternative is 0-7 Boogie.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just because he isn’t Hakeem doesn’t mean he is “half-a-center”, but that goes without saying eh?

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He's not half-a-center. He's half of the center position the Rockets need. It's basically him and nobody else to platoon with him when he either needs rest or we need a taller front line where he's the PF and we have a bigger guy to bang down low with the larger centers. Wood's going to be beat to a pulp by the end of the season if he has to bang down low with his frame.

Silas, when he came in said Wood was his C in this offense, not a PF. Now he's recently said that against bigger lineups he would like to see him maybe move to PF with Boogie down low. But then Boogie looked like he needed life-support this last game to where he's a 3rd big man, not the 2nd on this roster. We need a legit 20-25 mpg big man for this team. I'll even accept if he's 6'9". lol. One of the other things Silas said he wanted when he arrived was big men who could step out a bit. It can't just be some big 7' stiff (well, if it can be helped) who clogs up the paint and is a 5th body for a few minutes. I don't know if that big man is out there with realistic salary, but I'm hoping we can get him in a trade of some sort, at least.

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

#33 sushimaster, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    Jayzers_100 and Imanimal like this.
  14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Len’s better than Chandler. For comparison, consider him a poor man’s Hartenstein.

15. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Man those were the good old days when we had a team, A FUN TEAM.. Now we just got players that it.

16. Spooner

Spooner Member

lol Len might be the worst player in the NBA. Have you actually seen him play?

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

A. He isn't isnt the perfect 3rd C
    B. Can we please have a thread called Random Houston Rockets Free Agent ideas (or rename the trade thread to " (...) trade and free agent ideas")
    C. Once above thread is made, clear this clutter into it!!

18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Alex Lin is good for us

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather have this guy.

Expiring contract too and Cavs just traded for Jarrett Allen, can only re-sign 1 of them.

sushimaster likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

We shouldnt fight for a top 4 pick cuz getting the worst record only gives you 50% chance of getting a top 4 pick. Itd be dumb to tank and then hope and pray for a 50/50 you get a top 4 pick otherwise you just made OKC's season and wasted all your efforts. And thats if the Rox get the worst record if they get the 3rd worst record they will average at the 4.1 spot which means they out of the top 4 more times than not.