1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

NOT INTERESTED

However, change McCaffrey to a 3rd string broken down overpaid running back, change the #8 pick to #40, and the 2022 first round pick to a 4th rounder, and now we're talking!

--Bill O'Brien

Kim, Fulgore, red5rocket and 3 others like this.
  3. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

The only solace I got out of the Hopkins trade is it meant that Bill O'Brien got fired. The only solace I can accept out of Watson being traded is the McNair's selling the team and no longer having anything to do with Houston football. I know it won't happen but that's the only trade off I see that would make it sting less.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Here is what you have to ask yourselves: If the relationship is "unrepairable", why not ask for a trade now? Why wait? Doesn't mean the Texans are going to trade Watson, but there is no point of playing this game. UNLESS, you want to make sure you get what you want in the coach and some other concessions from the Texans. Going to Brooklyn to take in a game, making sure NY tabloids see you there. Getting Mike Greenberg all lathered up about Watson and the Jets. There is a method to the madness.

5. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

At this point it makes me wonder if things would have been better if the Texans just kept O'Brien since Watson loved him so much. I wanted O'Brien gone for a while now but maybe he was the only one that was able to keep Easterby in check. It's comical how what's supposed to be a time of rejuvenation has manifested itself into the demise and annihilation of the Oilers all over again. Like they say history repeats itself. Houston went from a greedy, cantankerous, vindictive owner to a stupid, gullible, religious zealot of an owner. What a crap timeline we live in,

UTSA2step likes this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Nailed it.

Watson has never struck me as the kind of guy to follow the flow of the stream. To me, he wants to be the change.

UTSA2step and Htown Legend like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Fantasma Negro

I'm assuming that's where Sherman will be drawing a check from next season lol

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Darnold
    Q. Williams
    2nd pick
    Darnold
    Q.williams
    4 first round picks

And he’s theirs

red5rocket and BigShasta like this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

No thank u. Let’s just keep him and see what the new coach can do. Sam Darnold (vomit)

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Oh of course that’s my number 1 option is to keep Watson.

But if it isn’t in the cards then I’m taking the jets deal.

whag00 likes this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Same, both firsts and second this year plus a first next year and Q. Williams.
    Maybe another second next year too

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. mario_v

mario_v Member

Tunsil, Ramsey and Adams were each traded for two first round picks.

Texans should be asking for at least 10 first round picks for Watson.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If Jalen Ramsey and Laremy Tunsil can command 2 first round picks Deshaun Watson should be able to command 4.

Rudyc281, Hank McDowell and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

Sam Darnold reclamation project is fairly meh. You could bring in Rosen, Minshew, Haskins. Maybe trade a pick for Jordan Love off the Packers if you liked him last year. Possibly draft a Mac Jones or Kyle Trask. Josh Allen was the #7 pick and Mahomes the #10 pick. Look at what Tennessee did with Tannehill. I know it's tough to find a quarterback, but I'm not 100% sold Deshaun is as all-world as his 2020 numbers might indicate.

That being said, I don't think Watson goes anywhere. We hire a coach (Eberflus/Frazier), Easterby fades into the background, and this all quiets down a little bit.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If we get the 2nd overall from Jets I’m taking Wilson, no question.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Peter King:

I know somebody who interviewed with the Texans the other day who said they said absolutely nothing about the storm clouds that are all around the organization. Nothing about the troubles with Deshaun Watson. It was just a regular interview of a coach.

If I were the Houston Texans, I would get permission from the NFL or from Andy Reid to ask if they would allow Eric Bieniemy a one-hour phone conversation with Deshaun Watson. If Watson says “I’ll stay if they hire you”, then Houston has its answer. Then Deshaun Watson stays and they have a guy who should have been hired a long time ago and they go forward with a top 5 quarterback. I don’t care what they get back in trade. They won’t get value for Deshaun Watson.

red5rocket, Rudyc281 and Fulgore like this.
  20. Fantasma Negro