1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. ktex

ktex Member

think so

texans1095 likes this.
  2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

He and Easterby will just hold hands and pray for guidance and then follow the voices in Easterby's head.

3. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

How long is Watson going to keep speaking in riddles, who does he think he is Sophocles?

Uprising and whag00 like this.
  4. conquistador#11

I applaud Watson for doing so, as it brought light to the real issue with the 'cult'. I'm definitely hating Deshaun's cryptic lyrics crap.25 yrs old! Hold a press conference and say it.

It was all good even the day after the end of the season. Everyone needs to go back to that interview and listen to it like a Gettoboys track.
    It was clear. "Not just love for the game of football but love the people....people thinking they have power when it's not like that." They must have talked about ridding the one thing that has fed on the organization since arriving on April 2019. Cal wasn't able to hack the guy. Instead of doing that, cal prayed with easterby to find a solution that led to Caserio, who wasn't going to touch the guy who brought him in.

Roc Paint and Nook like this.
  5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The next season is 7 months away and they don't have a coach right now. He has literally nothing to do... no playbook to study, no need to start strength/conditioning right now.

He's in full vacay mode after a difficult season. He deserves it. I actually don't think he's as plugged into all of this as the media is making it seem.... unlike the Harden situation where he literally had to show up to training camp and start playing real games in the midst of making demands.

6. conquistador#11

I guess this one was for me since I hate the lyrics crap

UTSA2step, whag00 and Fulgore like this.
  7. Fantasma Negro

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Lol... PFT is becoming a dish-rag journalism source if they're really this desperate.

Uprising, Nook and RockFanFirst like this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

That's because Mike Florio is a messy little b****

Fulgore and RockFanFirst like this.
  10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Justin probably the best insider we have.

UTSA2step likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's all unprecedented, but if there's any team that can start a bad precedent it would be this front office. They would 100% trade him rather than keep a disgruntled leader in the locker room. Keeping Deshaun around 52 other guys that still have a chance at Jack/Cal's brand of salvation would not be tolerated. The fact that Deshaun is an elite talent is just one of those tests that God puts before you to see if you're really willing to stand by your conviction. The bible's full of similar parables that a leach like Jack could turn into a metaphor of their current situation.

13. conquistador#11

Andy Reid was asked, " since when is 4&1 a passing down?" "I went to BYU. Every down is a passing down." He responded.
    Is Reid foreshadowing the Texans future? Stay tuned as this Telenovela continues.
    [​IMG]

Zach Wilson took 2 College cheerleaders to his prom. Some call it the greatest feat since Matthew Kidman took adult starlet, Danielle to his own H.S prom.

Nook likes this.
  14. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Signing the extension was the ONLY way for him to have any leverage. Had he not signed it, but wanted out, he would've had to get franchised for 2 years, with no future guarantees, and possibly get injured with not much to show for it.

By signing the big extension, he gets some partial security, and the leverage that at any time he can request out. It's the best way to maximize his options, while still having the ability to stay in Houston if things improve.

I don't like it, but this was pretty straight forward in why he did it.

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

“It is not something I am against, it is just that I didn’t grow up active in the church,” he said. “I’m not that ‘poster boy’ for the church. … I was never really a churchgoer my whole life, just not involved much in it.”

Cal and Easterby just found their pet project.

16. ktex

ktex Member

The seemingly premeditated part of it REALLY rubs me wrong.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. gucci888

This is baseless conjecture. There was absolutely nothing prior to the signing that remotely indicates this. Even during the season when the things were obviously shot to hell, he never once said or posted anything about wanting out.

All of this came right after Cal basically did a 180 on what he told DW4 and pretty much everyone else for that matter. And to be clear, he could have asked out regardless of whether he signed the extension or was just fine with getting tagged. In fact, it would’ve been easier to be dealt without the extension. Security? Absolutely.

18. gucci888

Zero evidence that any of this was premeditated.

19. ktex

ktex Member

I agree, it's pure speculation but sure is interesting that he signed that giant extension just a few months ago. What really has changed?

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Who is this clown?