1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Overboard or one sided irrational fear?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Jan 19, 2021.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Glenn Kessler (@GlennKesslerWP) Tweeted:
    Hmmm, does a Democratic congressman really want to suggest that if you voted for Trump you might be a seditionist? What happened to the idea that military people are professionals and do their jobs regardless of political preferences?

https://twitter.com/GlennKesslerWP/status/1351209929881907201?s=20

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get help. You may be part of a brainwashed cult if you are still posting in Trump's defense. Denial is a sign. You may say you don't stand for him now, but your posts say otherwise. He lost, fair and square. Deal with it and move on. It's the healthy thing to do now.

AleksandarN, Reeko and Newlin like this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Overboard a bit, but it's not a lie to say that if you voted for Trump knowing anything about Trump's platform, you obviously are at least mildly interested in the United States of America becoming an autocracy and changing our previously held positions that Democracy is a good thing.

Sorry if you don't want to be called an autocrat because that sounds bad, but it is the truth. A poll just the other day noted that something like half of Trump voters actually wanted Trump to go further in his efforts to turn over a Democratic election. I don't really have to say much further.

Yung-T likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously, with everything going on this is what you are deeming thread worthy?

Yung-T and ROXTXIA like this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The LAW and ORDER (DUNH dunh theme) President is now a cop killer. And people still back him?

7. malakas

malakas Member

If you voted for him you are not.

If you still support him after 6 January then you are. You are a traitor.

Yung-T, Hakeemtheking and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if up to this day you are still defending trump...

9. TimDuncanDonaut

Republican voters should worry less about the left, and focus more on the radicals who are hijacking their party. They politicize issues that shouldn't be politicized. The QAnon theories are worse than amateur fan fiction.

Are there still a number of moderate republicans left in Congress? Those are the ones, the republican voters should throw their support.

Come back to the middle.

#9 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  10. ROXRAN

Absolutely. The time for irrational fear about evil white people is plain silly and serves no one

11. malakas

malakas Member

I don't think so.
    If 74 million americans support autocracy then a civil war is unavoidable.
    However it seems that many of them are either uneducated, racist OR and it should be the majority :tribal, blind and misguided.
    I mean if it doesn't even cross your mind that democracy can be threatened by Trump you are totally blind to the danger to cast a vote for him.

I wouldn't take the elections as a referendum on the democratic sentiment of the american nation.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A seditionist says what?

13. ROXRAN

Rep. Cohen the seditionist thinks or at least suggested the national guard is a security liability due to potentially not voting for Biden ...yep can’t make that up

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Serving in the US infantry, I would be considered for security if it's MAGA folks like the peers I served with. It's definitely a rational concern as we have precedent of MAGA supporting law enforcement joining in on the insurrection. We have police union presidents from some of the largest police unions in the country in support of the insurrectionists.

You need to be part of that culture to realize the threat. It's obvious you are a LARPer who's only experience with firearms is in the field of being a hobby. You haven't interacted with these type of people for extended periods of time. You are speaking from ignorance.

#14 fchowd0311, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  15. fchowd0311

Also at this point if you still support MAGA, you believe the election was stolen. Americans have been conditioned to believe if the government performing a transgression and all legal recourse has been expended, that violence is the solution (2nd amendment). So at this point any MAGA service number probably believes there is rightful justification for violence here because if you sincerely believe the election was stolen and the second amendment exists to fight tyranny, then what do you think is the natural conclusion for these people?

malakas likes this.
  16. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

The threat of domestic terrorism according to the FBI is really high among right wing former military types. This predates the current political climate.

What I want to know is why the GOP adherents have such a struggle coping with these facts? I mean none of this is new. It's not like we want this to be true. I would rather live in a world where this doesn't cross my mind.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. ROXRAN

You are speaking from assumptions and ignorant bias. I am far beyond the mental LARPer that you are in coming to conclusions based on what you think is obvious rather than what you know based on first hand accounts ..I know many people with military experience and we do things together such as discussions, shoot at the range, which btw I can hold my own quite well thank you and I have a greater view of people with military experience than you. I don’t pretend to know what you went thru as a service person in the military maybe you are truly as vile and condescending as you appear and likely suffer PTSD hence the Winnie the Pooh avatar , as you know the creator of Winnie the Pooh had PTSD and based the characters on the psychological whims of war...if you suffer I hope you get the help you need. but the military people I know have honor and a sense of duty that exceeds your picture

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Nicely put it.

Freedom of speech and expression allows people to do a lot of things in America, perhaps a bit too much (e.g. hate speech is protected), but this is obviously a much better setup than oppressive political systems like Russia, China and Iran.

Still, the one thing our political system does not allow is for politicians and the populace to turn against the very institutions that are protecting our liberties. This is precisely what Trump, Cruz, Giuliani, Hawley and so many others in the WH have expressly done, along with hundreds of insurrectionists. They all committed crimes and in due time they will be prosecuted. In my book, no mercy.

deb4rockets and malakas like this.
  19. ROXRAN

I understand all that is stated however I don’t give in to irrational fear and lumping every person which may have voted for Trump in a doomsday picture is based on ignorance and utter fear that is unfounded .

20. fchowd0311

Exactly. You are a LARPer. Your experience is listening to stories of veterans rather than living with them and fighting alongside them. You have a jaded hero complex worship of them (except for those who have different political opinions I guess).

So please leave the concerns about right wing extremism in the military to people with actual experience.