1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It might be just me. But i feel James Harden will return someday :,)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leangle25, Jan 19, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

NO, I don't root for ANYONE to win a championship other than the Rockets.

The dude QUIT on this team, that was built FOR HIM, he is the one that wanted all those players, he is the one that ran coaches out of town, he is the one that had everything he ever asked for....then bailed out.

I can appreciate the man's game and also see that his flaws will NEVER let him lead a team to the promised land.

DD

Chasing_Chase, BamBam and the shark like this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If Harden sucks you must think no one in NBA is good. I wish I could suck and average 36 a game against the best players in the world. I mean only like 4 guys in nba history have ever done that?
    Don't get too attached to Oladipo. He's here for luxury tax savings. Don't let Tillman's puppets fool you into thinking he will spend. We've heard this song and dance before.

3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You could say he wanted CP3 and Westbrook and got it. But look at the bigger picture. It's not just about stars, our role players and supporting casts took steps back every year. We dump all our picks to save money. These are not moves he woulda signed off on.

You telling me asked for these scrubs like Ennis, Rivers, Faried, Nunnaly, Nwaba.. like cmon man. We took huge step backs each year it Tillman regardless of which star Harden wanted to play with.

Cmon look back on 2018-2019. Tillman played a dance with House over pennies and sent back to g league. We lost a few games that probably cost us the shot at second seed where we wouldn't have had to play warriors til WCF. No KD. Coulda been a whole new story there. If we make the finals he never asks for Westbrook. Sure you can place some blame on him but to not see the bigger issue is crazy. We won't ever win with Tillman.

chadyang and Patience like this.
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Go Rockets!!!

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

For what? He will be 35 or 36 by then and past his usefulness.

Its over guys - get used to your new normal and move forward. It was fun while it lasted.

chadyang likes this.
  6. DaDakota

I can't believe what I am reading - Harden DUMPED US, he is like a girlfriend who decided someone else is better and left.

You don't pine for the old girl that treats you like dirt, you find a new girl....

And you certainly don't hope the abusive girlfriend who quit on you comes back later all wrinkly and tattered - you move on...find someone better.

GEEZ....some of you are in for a difficult time...with this hanger on syndrome!

DD

cerophilik likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't be a stupid person.

DD

CCity Zero and Patience like this.
  8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Uhhh do you see where John Wall is ? Already freaking hurt lol. Harden was right to get out of this situation! Get out of your feelings

Why the hell would I root for the Lakers if the Nets got to the Finals?! I’ll be rooting for the Nets for sure. Harden is a free agent in 2 years. The pipe dream dies if he signs an ext

tycoonchip, Patience and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. pass_to_Hakeem

..... says every strip club in Houston on this fine Tuesday

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Voluntarily playing for Tillman Fertita when you have options? lol, Harden isn't dumb.

slothy420 likes this.
  11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

All these girlfriend/wife/ex comparisons......

Some of you act like you cuddled up with the guy at night and he left YOU personally.

HoustonCRT, Patience and harold bingo like this.
  12. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

That's how Cavs got their only ring.

sammy and Patience like this.
  13. DaDakota

Well just trying to put in language that casuals can understand.

;)

I must have missed it where Lebron demanded a trade to get out of a 2 year contract.

DD

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Some people here do seem to love Harden like he's their girlfriend. :D

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut and Easy like this.
  16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

LeBron came back cause he was from Akron. Harden is from LA.

17. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

No... Rockets are better without him moving forward. Its the best for both parties

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Harden is too old to come back. Lebron for example left Cleveland at age 26, he was able to come back at age 30 and still be an MVP type player.

Harden is leaving at age 31 and he is on a 2 year deal and will prob get a 3-5 yr extension either from Brooklyn or some other team. That means he will be 36-39 when he does come back at the earliest. What we need a 36 yr old Harden for? lol. He ain't doing **** at that age not everyone is Lebron. Naybe you can get him to be a backup pg and mentor the young players or something.

19. TimDuncanDonaut

All them dating relationship analogies. :p

20. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

This is what I believe will happen: hes going to start declining ,in 2-3 years he going to be washed ,fans are going to turn on him and he will want to come back to Houston either by trade or free agency .The best thing that can happen to him is win a chip this year with nets, then he could retire when ever he pleases.