1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I have never abandoned a houston sports team bc I am a homer. But if DeShaun is traded bc jackass owner chose easterby over franchise qb, then I will reserve my Sundays for redzone. This organization holds on to people for too long but what's worse is when they do move on, its to a worse situation.

Held onto Kubiak for too long only to replace him with a worse coach
    Held on to Rick smiths for too long only to have a embarrassment of hiring/misfiring after he left
    McNair Sr had bad moments but got replaced by a worse owner.

It just never stops.

2. Major

Major Member

I agree they are normally bad jobs - but there's generally something appealing about them. Jax and Chargers, for example, are super-appealing this year. Jets have a #2 pick if someone really believes in Fields (I don't). Texans are in cap-hell and have massive uncertainty at the QB spot, plus a bunch of players that might hate the owners and ex-players saying there's a snake leading the organization. You're just walking into a minefield that goes well beyond most other bad jobs.

Easiest solution to all this is for Cal to go to Dabo Swinney and offer him $10MM/yr to come to the NFL. Cal and Easterby will love his Christian-ness, and he'll love theirs. Watson can't really say he still wants out and come out looking good. You buy yourself a few years, at least.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Is this just reading the tea leaves or do you have some insight into the organization? I mean, it's a reasonable take. It's pretty depressing too.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No matter what damage a player selfishly does to a franchise, you'll always find a certain type of fans simping for them anyway.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think this is about Easterby FWIW

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

7. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I actually listened to his take this morning. Really enjoyed it and it’s by far the most positive segment I’ve heard about the Texans in a while.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Thanks for what you do.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, and I honestly have a hard time imagining sports without being a Texans fan, but i obviously realize my life will carry on. My wallet (and my wife) will definitely thank me.

I'll find another team to follow until Cal sells. I probably will never feel right as a football fan until he sells. I'll always feel like I'm rooting for the wrong team.

I live within 120 miles of three different playoff teams. Maybe I'll pick one of them. Maybe I'll pick Deshaun's new team, so as not to feel like a complete bandwagoner.

Truly pathetic and terrible. It sucks to be a Houston sports fan.

Is this the curse of the Astros? We sold our souls for another championship? No idea, but it's rough.

All Watson was trying to do was to give the fans what they wanted...a winning culture. Lol. Pathetic that someone is too much of a winner for a franchise to keep around...

It would be very Texans to get Eric Bienemy as the coach and then have Deshaun demand a trade anyways...

Hopefully, we'll keep him, and Bienemy will help change the culture and I'll stay active as a fan...

UTSA2step, awc713 and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I'm getting really tired of all the misinformation that is being reported. It's like a roller coaster of negativity, one minute things are getting better with Deshaun and then 30 seconds later the sky is falling. 2021 is only a few weeks old and its already turning into a crap Houston sports year. To top it all off the off-season hasn't even started, so who knows what's around the corner.

UTSA2step and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Need another first round pick

texans1095 likes this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

At least

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Oh wow, I'd strongly consider that. Quinnen Williams is a certified beast - as in best at his position. Use #2 overall for a QB, and then add some additional defensive talent with the other picks and the freed up $$$ from getting out from under Watson's contract.

Fantasma Negro and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I’ll take those even money odds with Texans.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah and there where rumors about the jets possibly trading him last year.

17. conquistador#11

Then try and flip 1 of those assets to Jax for Trevor?
    Houston will then have 4 seasons for something to happen to cal and easterby before Trevor walks away. And by something happening I mean stepping down not stepping down from a building or something.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Honor your contract!

(LOL) As these teams cut/trade players before their deal is up.

So he’d be going into the last year of his deal and then he’d be franchised two years after that (even though he didn’t ask to be franchised).

There is no loyalty and neither side should expect it.

Two Sandwiches and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think Trevor is going to happen honestly. Not with Urban there.
    At two in the draft I could see Zach Wilson or Fields. Wilson would be preference, Mahomes type arm and athleticism.
    Then with next first and second, draft defense and more defense.

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Bet 5K on the Jets. Will be having a pro-Jack Easterby counter protest at NRG at 1PM Sunday (after church service of course).