1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What’s really wrong with House?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gfab-babyboi, Jan 12, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If he has Covid, he should be recovered by now.

DD

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jokes aside. This might be the most likely answer.

You don't have to isolate for so long unless you got the virus and have significant symptoms.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Some people don't recover for weeks. It's quite unpredictable.

jacoby and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. DaDakota

That is true, I had it, and the effects lasted over a year.......at least they were mild.

DD

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Over a year?

When was the first coronavirus case identified in the United States?

A patient in the United States was given a diagnosis of infection with this virus by the state of Washington and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on January 20, 2020.

6. DaDakota

Yeah, maybe not quite a year, but it sure felt like it......my lungs only cleared up completely about 3 weeks ago.

Also, many people got it before it was first discovered

From what I understand - they believe it was here in the USA as far back as 2019.

They are tracing it back now.

DD

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I had serious symptoms in early February of 2020. I still have some effects including bruising on my foot. I'm 31. I'm healthy and active. I never got tested because I thought there was no chance I could have caught it back then and tests were $1000 and were not covered by my insurance. I had pneumonia a year before and that didn't compare to whatever I had in February of last year. I think the virus was rampant and people were dying without being tested as early as late 2019. We shall see in a few years once this settles a bit to when and where they can trace it to.

Batman Jones likes this.
  8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Originally it was for back issues, may be Covid related now. But back issues can take a long time to get right.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

I was just tweaking you, DD, I figured you meant you had it early on. Glad you defeated the COVID dragon and are still around. CF wouldn't be the same without you.

Deckard, Batman Jones and BallaDoc like this.
  10. DaDakota

I honestly didn't know I had it......thought it was just a lingering cold....never bad symptoms but it was hard to breathe for months...finally got antibody test...and wallah.

I worked for a company at the time that had a TON of foreign travel......probably caught it from there......around a year or so ago.

DD

11. xaos

xaos Member

Probably told him to not come back while we look for a trading partner

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

I live in Washington state and in mid-January of 2020, I had a high fever and the worst chills of my life for one single night, then felt crappy for another day or so. I'm a prime candidate to NOT handle COVID well (age, asthmatic, diabetic, etc), so I just assumed it was not coronavirus-related. But I've read reports that people who are not exposed directly or only for brief periods can get milder cases. Who the hell knows? I asked my doc if I should get an antibody test and he said there wasn't much point.

BHannes2BHonest, DaDakota and treyk3 like this.
  13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Somewhere with Malika Andrews if he was smart.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

We're discussing Danuel House, Jr, not a smart person.

Hank McDowell and xaos like this.
  15. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you did have antibodies, it would verify that you had it (assuming you haven't been vaccinated yet) and have some degree of immunity at present. If your antibodies were negative, it wouldn't be helpful whether you had it or not as the antibodies could have waned, although you would know that you currently have no immunity against it.

saleem likes this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Right. The doc said, "Your insurance doesn't cover an antibody test, so you'd pay out of pocket. Would it change anything at all if you knew you had the antibodies?" I thought it over and decided I'd mask up anytime I left the house, regardless, so what was the point? Maybe if the presence of antibodies 100% guaranteed no reinfection for six months, or something like that, I'd have done it. No specific guarantee? Nah, not worth the anxiety. It's easier just to be cautious AF.

17. DaDakota

The question is how long do the Anti-bodies last, they don't know yet.....

DD

Deckard and topfive like this.
  18. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

DNP- It’s Lit

Streakshooter likes this.
  19. ClutchCity9495

Depends what strain he got as well. No telling, look what happened to Yordan Alvarez with the Astros and how long he was out.

20. DaDakota

That wasn't covid as much as it was his knees.

DD