1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Deshaun goes, I go

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 15, 2021.

1. conquistador#11

Listen to Drummer2k! Ignoring it, sweeping it under the rug by trading Watson will just result in this cycle of BS that Cal is on repeating itself.
    I Can't believe I gave Cal the benefit of the doubt after week 17 ended by saying he would learn from the Dhop/ easterby mistakes.

As it stands, It wouldn't surprise me if the top 2 rookie qbs available would pull an Eli. This cult is not good for business.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I truly hope this thread isn't just a bunch of idle threats, and this band of Watson simps have the courage of their convictions.

raining threes, Boki4MvP and Duke Fan like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well Cal replied to me and said tell @EddieWasSnubbed...
    ______

"Where are you going to go ... LMAO"

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Lol at you of all people calling people simps. Par for the course for you, in making people out to be something they're not.

Come on Bobby, we know you're not an idiot. Be better.

TWS1986 likes this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That's the point of the thread. Some fail to realize that. This thread is not necessarily about Deshaun, it's more about Cal and how the situation potentially shows that Cal has no interest in winning.

raining threes likes this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you. But if Watson is saying he wants Jets, he’s not wanting to win either.
    Miami is in right track but they’ve been just as bad if not worse as the Texans since their inception.

7. ktex

ktex Member

Obviously, this is mostly on Cal/BOB but c'mon Deshaun, honor the contract you just signed. Unless he signed it with this exact scenario in mind. If that's the case then FO and sit for a year while we tank for number one next year- then we trade you.

Two Sandwiches and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. One party may be more at fault, but none are free from it.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

If you had Zach Wilson in here, how would it be different? You still got Cal & Jack effin everything up.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly don’t know. Can just hope they let Caserio run things and get a competent coach. There’s a chance, probably a good one, that the same **** happens.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Don't forget tonight's bible study!

When Cal moves the team to Utah will you follow?

I'll just wait for the next owner/expansion team while I watch Deshaun win championships for someone else.

Actually ,.. Jack is that you?

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

What needs to happen they all (CAL, Jack, Nick & Deshaun) need to get in the same room and TALK LIKE MEN. CAL NEEDS TO BOSS UP! Everyone's role needs o be clearly defined & Deshaun should get back to playing QB. Cal needs to give Nick TOTAL CONTROL over the football side and they need to hire their HC & a top of the line cap guy. Easterby should be a counselor, pastor or whatever the hell it is he's good at because creating culture ain't it.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree man. Everyone involved is acting like ****ing entitled brats.

DVauthrin, T_Man and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Imagine of Easterby was imam and the Texans management and owner was trying to instill Muslim doctrine to the players.

Does that get you properly outraged?

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Imagine if he was Iman.

conquistador#11 and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

I wholeheartedly agree. Players are players and should play. Still, Easterby et al told him he'd be included only to forget or go back on their word or outright lied to him. I think that's where the team rot lies. Texans team management just sucks.

But many players have forced their way into management. Lebron does this all the time. Remember when he got his coach in Cleveland fired? He also pushed out Luke Walton. Harden demanded a new superstar pretty much every year. I hate it but it is what it is.

17. mario_v

mario_v Member

Football players don’t have that kind of power or control like nba stars do.

homewight likes this.
  18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He negotiated a no-trade clause which is something the vast majority of NFL players don't have in their contracts. He has leverage other players only dream of.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why would it?

Would i disagree with it, or any other religious influence in the FO? Sure, but would that make me cheer for players attempting to selfishly destroy the franchise? No.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You wouldn't disagree with a star player believing his employer is forcing Islam on him having a justifiable reason to hold the team hostage and force a trade.

I'm pretty certain of it.