1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

He just really wants to win a championship and he concluded (and I though reasonable people think he is correct) that it would not happen with the Rockets. You combine that with some much internal turnover in the Rockets organization and there should be no shock that he wanted to be traded and is happy to be with the Team he wanted to play with. He is with a top 5 player in the world with KD, great shooters, a head coach that sees the game the same way he does and a de facto coach in MDA that he trusts.... he also for the first time is in a major media market, and likely is hoping to get the respect as a basketball player that he deserves.

I really don't think he hates the Rockets, and he loves the city of Houston. At some point his jersey will be retired, short of winning multiple titles with the Nets, he will go into the Hall of Fame as a Rocket and he will be remembered as the second best Rocket.

Most player/team relationships end a litter bitter, Hakeem wanted out from the Rockets after winning two titles.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

How do u guard them?

Harden needs to refer his personal trainers in Vegas and Atlanta to our scrubs...especially EG, because whatever he does in the offseason clearly isn’t working

JumpMan, Os Trigonum and rockbox like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and sometimes its not like these ppl are even saying that outloud but it just seems like it colors their perception

HP3 likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

don't worry you are very creative I am confident you gonna find some objects to hate watch soon or perhaps some new hobby
    la vida te da sorpresas!

HP3 and jiggyfly like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Top 5 is good.

KD is the second best offensive player while Harden has been the best for years.

That's why offensively it's not even fair to the league if you disregard KD's Achilles injury.

They are shooting over everyone.

6. riko

riko Member

It won’t happen as long as Tillman owns the team.

HP3, vlaurelio and Nook like this.
  7. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

He's going to be remembered as a Net. He'll be in the NBA finals as a Net for the next 3 years. Can he win a championship? Maybe but as a Net is how he will be remembered.

rockbox likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe, time will tell. Kevin Garnett is remembered as a Timberwolf ....... Bill Walton as a Blazer.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Boggy cousin is perfect though.

HP3 and Reeko like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

don’t haha and bull me

hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think most remember Garnett as a Celtic.

12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Drexler is still remembered as a Blazer despite his ring coming here. I do wish Karl Malone was remembered being the a**hole on the Lakers

Nook likes this.
  13. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Nets are impressive. I think Kyrie will fit in as the off-guard in the same type of role Joe Johnson had back in the day on the D'Antoni/Nash Suns. They will truly take off once they fill in the roster with some defense and rebounding. Then, we'll see how the Lakers react. Still predict they'll end up with Bradley Beal somehow. Probably with an assist from daddy Silver.

hakeem94 and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if we could get THT and Kuz for Dipo.

JumpMan likes this.
  15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You guard Harden the same way you always have. You go at his ass on defense to expose him and make him exert energy on defense especially running him off screens, you make him go right on the drive, you don't reach or foul him, and you let him chuck up as many three points from four feet behind the line as he wants.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

James is saying so this is what it’s like to get 1–1 coverage because of shooters you just can’t leave.

Reeko likes this.
  17. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Make him go right? I've never understood this. James has probably the nastiest left-to-right cross there is. This what you want the defense to do?

[​IMG]

HP3 and ksny15 like this.
  18. CometsWin

No, the perimeter defender was way too close to him which enabled Harden to go right past him. He has to play off him and force him to his right hand, not let him go right and then back left which is what he wants to do. That's awful defense in the video from the on ball defender to the ole help defenders.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. CometsWin

I bet the Nets wish they could trade Kyrie for a big that could play some defense.