1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

congratulations cf we did it!! Shout out cf awards general gloat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IBTL, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, trump managed to radicalize millions of Americans, including some Democrats. He brought a huge number of racists out of the closet, as well as other unsavory citizens who had attempted to keep their prejudices hidden (except for those who post them anonymously online). As you say, they aren't going anywhere. The rest of the world got a better idea of the sort of people who make up America. A majority of Americans likely found themselves surprised by just how many in our country are folks they would prefer not to have living next door to them. trump could be called "a national wakeup call."

So many are deluding themselves, like your accountant. I know a few myself. Heck, I play trivia every week with a couple of them, although we took last year off, and likely a large chunk of this year, as well. We talk about everything except politics. Fortunately, the only political trivia questions that come up end at around 1963.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is going to be gone but Trumpism is going to be here for awhile. And this certainly isn't close to the death of the Republican party. It's still very possible the Republicans could win back the House and Senate in 2022 and the Presidency in 2024. This country really needed a landslide this year but even though Trump lost and the Democrats have barely won the Senate just shows that things are more muddied than ever. What I still find disturbing even after what has happened this month a third of the country still supports with a good chunk of them literally prepared to take up arms for him.

Trump is a conman and his ego, ignorance, and lack of discipline handicapped him. A smarter person with more self-discipline could still win on Trump's platform and do much more damage.

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trumpism is as strong as ever. Trumpism existed before Trump.

It started with the Tea Party and then Sarah Palin, and only then did Trump come and finally pull the nuttiness to the mainstream. Trump didn't invest Trumpism, he took it from the fringe and made it the face of the GOP.

I fully believe it is hear to stay. QAnon will grow in coming years, as will the conspiracy theories. There will be no awakening to the truth. The only solution is to fix the real problems people are facing and to do it in an expedient manner. For instance, predatory loans should be banned once and for all.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

The best charismatic and best avatar award goes to @ROXRAN

7. Buck Turgidson

jiggyfly and Deckard like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

P U R E

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The rise of Elonism will rule this universe

dachuda86 likes this.
  10. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

PREACH!

11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Negative.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

MY MAN
    SOLDIER

EATING GREEN BERETS FOR BREAK FAST
    [​IMG]

TMINUS 26 HOURS 43 MINS

TWS1986 likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Gosh... well, um.

Seriously, not gloating. While happy with the election results, my primary hope is we see an improvement in the way government works to improve the quality of life for all Americans.

I am also hoping that the Republican party can make changes needed to improve itself and can come back to the table with new ideas and a better way of presenting them. All Americans benefit when there is a good debate of ideas and the possibility that the best parts of all sides is applied where possible. The country faces many big challenges and neither major party has a monopoly on workable solutions.

So my apologies to all those I have annoyed the past four years. I'll be cutting down on the number of posts here (consider that my gift to those on the right). ;)

Deckard likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oh it's a gift to everyone, trust me :D

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Pot?

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm worried about tomorrow (and beyond).

ico4498 likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member