1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo: Our better days are ahead. Everyone just stay patient.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Free Agency is tough for a mid-tier media market.

Saw a lot of cats talk big over the last 3 years with their circular logic thinking that marquee Free Agents like CP3 went to Houston because of "free ipads".

Nook likes this.
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

He is saying everything you are supposed to say. The only way this dude is still here next year is if we will max him and no one else will....

daywalker02, TEXNIFICENT and psaman17 like this.
  3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Great game tonight.... but I personally don't see him staying, especially if we keep losing games.

On the positive, we could get a good return for him if he turns up in most games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

If oladipo keeps playing well do you still see the rockets trading him at the deadline? part of me starting to think they like him enough to keep him..then again hard to imagine the rockets wanting to give him a max deal and potentially not have "flexibility" for a couple years.

5. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Yes, hallmark movies are released on the Hallmark Channel, not the box office. Garbage disaster movies can be released in the box office. So even if they sell only 1 ticket they will have better box office numbers.

6. markiboy

markiboy Member

we just need a reliable 3 and D and were good

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Nwaba and Tucker are useless.

Can't score to contribute on the scoreboard.

The Scorers have to carry the Load, while defensive players don't do anything offensively.

Rafael Stone has to be showcasing them for trades.

Oladipo, Gordon, Nwaba, Tucker all 4 of these guys should be traded this trade deadline.

John Wall next year at the Deadline should be gone.

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I have to be patient for 2 more months of these terrible contracts.

9. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Honestly, I don't see too many SG on the market that match is his talent, he's just entering his prime why not max him.. If the picks are going to be late round (miami) that's a pretty big gamble.. Let him play out his contract, if he wants to stay, max him not.. don't give him the super max, keep him and move Wall because everyone needs a PG that can shoot.. IFW Wall, but unless he's willing to take a paycut.. I don't see him here long term..

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

i think you're underestimating how difficult it'll be to trade wall without a pick attached to him...hes staying atleast till next trading deadline (2022)

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

And you know this how?

I don't understand how somebody can be this miserable. Why even bother following a team if you just assume the worst is always gonna happen.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Exactly!

13. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I agree! I think Wall will be most tradable at next years trade deadline, since he's going to be on a expiring contract. I would keep him for the rest of the year and see how he holds up, he's still a very talented guard.. Long term once his contract expire, if he wants to stay he's going to have to take a major paycut, and be a mentor to the younger guys coming in.. If we trade him at the deadline next year, we'll be the one's getting picks.. so we pretty much agree

14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

It wont be our choice if by deadline he's saying he still wants to leave then we ned to trade him.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

agreed..i rlly feel like if wall wasnt getting paid 40 million plus he would be on some teams lists even for this deadline...but even when healthy hes overpaid unfortunately

#75 DCHAMP, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    Ben Frank likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brutal schedule with too many road games.

Brutal, Vic, brutal.

17. csc177

csc177 Member

Watch Daniel house be the key to unlock a winning streak and some rhythm.

Also can we cut ties with Boogie bow? Sad story to see but dude is done - he’s relegated to occasional spot minutes now like Jared Dudley or Haslem

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Wall makes twice what Oladipo does. It’s going to be hard to move him. If you can get Herro & draft choices from Miami ( w/ salary filler) for Oladipo then you take it and run. It beats overpaying Oladipo or letting him walk for nada.

Ben Frank and Lloyd Estacio like this.
  19. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

My only thing is, what we gone do with Wall, once his contract up, I don't mind Herro.. I just don't like his experience as in how long he's been in the nba, once we move Wall were going to replace him with a young guy.. and the rebuild will take longer, but I get what your saying.. Oladipo is a nice building block.. well see how things go..

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Would u do me a favor and mind your damn business.