1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 1/18/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 18, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

I said it earlier but can we take a mulligan on Jarret Allen trade? Cousins has been beyond bad, cant give him significant burn cuz he does nothing worthwhile on the court. Our defense also suffers cuz we are forced to play Wood at Center.

Look we are under the 3M tax line give like a 2nd rounder to get Hartenstein back. Or sign a warm body from the Gleague I dont care. Just get a random 6-10 dude who is smart and can block shots.

Tucker also needs to go I dont know if he trying hard or lost his mojo due to extension or w/e. Ship him out cuz he just gets in the way of development. I'd rather start Kurucs if we want somebody bringing 0 stats to the table.

Rocket River likes this.
  2. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I am impress with Wood's consistency this season. You want to be able to know who you can count on and Wood has brought it on the offensive end every night. The key for him is to continue to improve defensively. Also Vic had a really nice debut for the rockets tonight. I think we as fans will appreciate Vic's character and leadership on this team.

I love coach silas and a big believer in his system. I do have two things to point out. One he held the second unit a little bit too long in the 4th quarter, and two, Bmac and Cousins should never be on the floor together because of their defense efficiencies shows heavily at the same time. Both players should have dawgs around them when they step on the court. I know some of you are down on Nwaba but I have no problem with him, i liked the defense he played on Lavine. In fact, I thought Lavine got off once Nawaba got off the floor.

It's tough to lose but I am encouraged because you can see flashes of the rockets putting it together. Just need a solid 48 minutes.

Bo6, bro2044, hakeem94 and 6 others like this.
  3. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

because its dipo's first game, it did look like it at times --- i don't feel too terrible about this loss. my real concern for us is that we can't have a complete team on the floor that we can't really gauge how good or terrible we are. im crossing my fingers we can get a better look of this squad in 7 to 10 game stretch where everyone is available - otherwise --- we will all keep wondering, what if John was here, or gordon was back on his sixthman role, or we didnt have to get too many minutes for bmac and nwaba.

Rocket River likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Going coast to coast doesnt make Wood a point center but he is damn good scorer.

#1024 D-rock, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I can appreciate the optimism some have, but even with everyone currently under contract healthy we are barely even comparable to our era of perennial 9th seed finishers.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope Silas does not try to focus offense thru Wall instead of Dipo.

It will just be like putting dampeners on Harden.

Dipo × Wood is just so much more natural than Wall × Wood.

#1026 D-rock, Jan 19, 2021
    Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Excellent breakdown of Dipo's game by @foggy94 !

Richie_Rich and Roomba like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Got to get that defense fixed Silas.

Start with better rotations.

And maybe add some f'ing good and longer FORWARD defenders????? Too many 6'5 guys on this team.

#1029 D-rock, Jan 19, 2021
    Bo6, Richie_Rich and 18pbr like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone needs to walk his talk.

Go get some long f'ing defenders who will run like the wind in transition.

Like NOW.

#1030 D-rock, Jan 19, 2021
  11. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

Cousins minutes hurts us most . Dont know if tuckers impact is that huge that it compensates his 2 point or his zero point games before.
    Think about tate to start instead of tucker. same defense, bit more energy ,+ he cuts more and can create on his own. we need another big. cousins is not the answer at all. maybe we can trade mclemore or/and for something.
    our guard rotation is good enough with Wall, dipo, EG, mason, and brown.

at the moment we need continuity in our linups and we have to improve our defense. im ok with our O. Creation, shooting, spacing ist good enough for a playoff spot

12. Rocket_Man_2.0

Oladipo>Wall

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tate should start over House.

If anything, Wall should be coming off the bench.

Silas would be stupid to "marginalize" Tate any more than he has.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ya think?

#1034 D-rock, Jan 19, 2021
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets were -17 with Boogie on the court.

I'm feeling disrespected right now.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

The difference was defense, role players and system efficiency.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL - Move over Russ, Luka is the new stat padder supreme in NBA.

Is Timmy going to start hit pieces on Luka now????

18. VoR

VoR Member

1st quarter was too much to overcome. I liked what I saw tonight. There were a number of times that the Bulls really tried to break the game open with some 3s and the Rockets just kept responding to stay within reach.

Rockets definitely need work on the boards. Let's hope that Cousins can shake off the rust and keep on making strides in his rehabilitation.

Bulls are not a bad team. LaVine is a special player, the team has a lot of depth, and Donovan is a top 5 coach. If they get one more player and hold .500 ball for most of the season, they will be a team that could cause a headache in the East come playoff time.

To put things in perspective, Miami is only one game better than the Rockets this season. It's early and those two short handed games to start the season didn't help matters at all. I hope some continuity of having everyone healthy will help at some point. However, with the all-insurance team assembled, I think the players have a long leash to rest as mush as they need to and the FO is most interested in maintaining their trade value.

19. VoR

VoR Member

It was odd seeing a SG with 32 points and only 2 of them from free throws.;)

Would have liked to see more aggressiveness from McLemore, considering the amount of minutes played. Jones doubled him up with half the minutes.

20. fattz

fattz Member

Will Wall really make a difference on this team?