1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie looks done!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 18, 2021.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They didn't keep Allen because he's set to be an RFA and the Rockets were not going to pay him. So they wanted to flip him for a pick. I'm convinced the MIL pick is the best there was, but whatever.

2. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I'm trying to take this with a grain of salt, because I didn't get to watch the game.. but in his defense, he has had 2 season ending injuries' in the past 2 to 3 years. If you was expecting Boogie frm Sacramento then shame on you..

Another question we got to ask ourselves.. Is the former multiple time all-stars done, done??.. Or do he need time to get back in basketball shape.. get comfortable with playing basketball without fear of injury, with that passion that if i go ALL OUT', no hesitation. I will surive.. don't we owe him that..

I say all that to say.. I didn't get to watch the game.. it's my birthday.. lol

3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Boogie hasn’t played. He needs to get back to game shape. All the talent is there. We need to be patient.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

boggy still has a high ceiling. he may be a great player in a few years

apollo33 likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He looked pretty good with Golden State. But seems he never recovered from the ACL

joshuaao likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He tore his ACL in August of 2019. But you have to think that 3 major injuries right after one another has taken its toll on things like conditioning and explosiveness. Maybe it can come back. Maybe it won't.

joshuaao and Rocket River like this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yep
    plus, fwiw, it gave us the large TPE, which was planned to be even larger. Stone made them take Prince.

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he didn't play last season

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I didn't think he looked good with GS either. He might have been a bit faster but still had no lift and couldn't finish shots

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I feel bad for him almost as much as Nerlens Noel. He was on his way to a supermax... just to blow his achillies and miss out on a super payday and become washed AF.

Everyone knew that tho, if you are surprised, that is on you.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Get him out of the oven if you don't want to burn the house down.

12. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

I'm still high on boogie. I never expected the all-star boogie every night, and I also knew there will be peaks and valleys to his season with us. What is important is that we understand that keeping him healthy for the whole years is number one, and that there will be matchups in this league wherein his physicality and passion will be important for us. He just needs to get more comfortable out there with his role in this team.

I'm not a fan of him attacking from the outside. I want him to bang a little in the post and get to the foul line. that should get him going. but everything else, out of the defense and physicality stand point ---- he has been what i hoped him to be.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I said before the season, cousins is the only player that could make us a better team than last year if he miraculously returned to form. (And james stayed)

James was absolutely right to want out of here and it doesnt bother me at all he forced his way out.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Now he’s going to start playing better

thx DD for this thread.

DaDakota and harold bingo like this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Boogie is our big bodied enforcer - good for spot minutes on a vet min...

but he obviously cant be counted on for consistent minutes - we need another legit big...

BamBam likes this.
  16. pass_to_Hakeem

Time to flip him .....

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

Cousins is 1 double-double away from being a starter next to Wood in everyone's mind.

Rocket River likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Don't be a stupid person.

I would give him more patience but you're probably right.

He might still be here to keep Wall happy. :oops:

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I lol'ed at the signature.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

We better hope Boogie (not Boggy) isn't done. By my reckoning, we were already short on bigs. The good news is I believe Stone already knows and is working the phones.

Boogie doesn't have to be stellar to be useful. Get his buddy Wall back out there and lets see. I just hope whatever further changes Stone has in mind, he does them quickly. The team cant gel properly when every couple weeks there are major roster changes.

We need some time, stability and consistency with our team roster. A little health would be welcome also.