1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

That's about 100 more than showed up for the Save the Oilers rally at City Hall back in the day, so that's a good sign.

UTSA2step and J.R. like this.
  2. Texanstradamus

I think this is a leverage move if funny the media been quiet since the Eric bien interview was announced

3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think watson and harden are 2 very different type of people and that's why I think, if handled correctly, watsons situation can be different. Harden was done with the team and he treated his teamates like trash and stopped trying. Watson just isn't that guy.

Two Sandwiches, cmoak1982 and Fulgore like this.
  4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He just wanted to get heard. Not sure that occurred.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Deshaun following Harden to Brooklyn

[​IMG]

#765 J.R., Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

The media is r****ded. Deshaun Watson is under contract. He can't demand to get traded. Is Nick Casserio's decision to trade him, or not. And most likely he won't trade Watson.

UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

In before everybody brings up Harden... who was also under contract. If a player truly wants out, demands to be out, he usually does get out... minus a few minor exceptions. It would be unprecedented that a franchise QB in his 20's, who just signed an extension, either makes this sort of demand and the team actually entertains it... but that's where we are right now.

But the media is "dumb" in the fact that they will report/tweet/speculate/"sources!" on every possible rumor regarding Watson leaving... and ignore developments that point towards them trying to work towards a resolution (namely doing due diligence on Bienemy, following up on whether or not Watson was involved in his interview... as one tweet mentioned, following up on whether or not Bienemy would still take the job if somehow DW4 wasn't here, etc.).

The sources go mysteriously quiet when it involves that side of the spectrum... they don't even have to be in the positive, it the sources are confident its over, where are the tweets saying "it doesn't matter who the Texans bring in as a coach"... etc. Maybe they'll come out today.

In the mean time, they'll dissect a Watson "like" of a tweet or a picture of him at a basketball game for 2 hours today...

UTSA2step, cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

As everyone can see now (especially those of you who never fully bought it until "the end") Deshaun Watson is as close to generational talent as you can get - Dabo was right he may very well be the MJ of that draft. He is filling the history books in a similar manner to the way Harden did here. He's seen everything unfold right before him he's close to blurting out "I've done everything I can" himself - he's being advised by all time greats. He has had a HOF on his very own team apologize to him. EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE NFL (MINUS ONE OR TWO) WOULD BREAK THE BANK TO BE ABLE TO ACQUIRE HIM.

Why should he stay?

The owners and managers for this team have made it very clear what they value above all else and it doesnt seem to be winning. These special players care deeply about legacy and Watson would just squander some of the best years of his life here.

The writing is on the wall.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. ktex

ktex Member

This is so ****ed up and I am so mother ****ing pissed. I can't believe after all these years and all the money I've spent on this piece of **** organization that it's come to this. **** off Cal and your ass buddy Jack. **** right off.

awc713, UTSA2step, gatsby and 2 others like this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

That hurts

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

It's best we move on - fresh starts are needed for all. O'Brien screwed us for years with his awful trades.

desihooper likes this.
  13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I was told this was a national media agenda.

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Rudyc281, conquistador#11 and J.R. like this.
  15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

16. Fantasma Negro

That's a ridiculous request. This whole situation is completely absurd

IKant and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he is being facetious there. In other words, the relationship is irreparable at this time.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

It does suck for the fans. We are ultimately the ones who get screwed over.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

This is spineless. I don't care if he wants to play here or not, he or his agent needs to make a clear message. Either ask for a trade or chill out with all the bullshit

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea I agree.

Even Harden requested a trade behind the scenes. We just didn't know about it.

Watson, according to everyone hasn't requested. Lance saying he will is very strange and not something that he would be privy too. Seems like he is clout chasing on this one. We'll know soon enough with their coaching hire. If it's Bieniemy there is 0 chance he is traded and I mean 0.

#780 treyk3, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021