1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Oladipo is a great human being and still a talented player but he is cooked. His decrease in mobility after his injury reminds of the decrease in DMo's after the back injury. Oladipo's never going to get that speed and explosiveness back. I'm fine with him on the team but I wonder why Indiana still went through with the trade knowing the status of Levert's kidney. Victor must be truly damaged goods.

2. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We need to find our next James Harden... is this the guy? All offense-no defense.

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Indy offered him a 2 year/50 million dollar deal but he turned it down so they decided to move on.

Indy wanted Oladipo long term but he probably wasn't gonna re-sign with them so they didn't wanna lose him for nothing. Levert is a risk for them but I guess they were willing to take that risk.

clos4life, hakeem94 and cmlmel77 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

PJ seems sad

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets defense is already poor, MPJ will only exacerbate this.

But THIS Porter is cheaper and more obtainable.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

damn EG dont talk to nobody so PJ think he's alone? wow. lol that is really depressing joke.

clos4life, cmoak1982 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then trade Wood.

Because Rockets cannot afford TWO starting bigs that are all offense, barely any defense.

Rockets need to keep adding talent for sure but complementary talent would be better IMO.

If Rockets are not tanking for 4th or higher then they must improve their defense.

banzai likes this.
  9. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

People will shy away for his off court antics but I think we should take a flyer on him. We’ve got veteran presence for now on the team to help him with his demons. Guys that are respected like Boogie, Wall, Dipo, and Tucker. Players like Wood who can serve as a reminder of what he has to lose. A coach in Lucas who sounds like a great life coach.

Reminder that guys like Josh Jackson found their way in the NBA. We should offer a second or use the MLE on him when he’s cut.

As a plus I think I’ve read he tries to model his game after Harden

D-rock likes this.
  10. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This didn’t age well - lmaooo

MrButtocks likes this.
  11. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wood is a decent defender sucks to have him playing with small guys and tell him to do more than just guard the paint. Makes him look worse than he actually is

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Mr. Space City

What a terrible day this was.

13. riko

riko Member

At this rate Wood will demand a trade

CRJ713 likes this.
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly the Rockets should trade him if we can get back first round picks.

HP3 likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bo6 and D-rock like this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But not as bad as THIS day, when I opened the GARM and saw a thread starting with, “Oladipo traded to....”

WHY, MR. CITY? WHYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!??!!!???

I feel like Carlton Heston’s character at the end of “Planet of the Apes”.

“DAMN YOU TO HELL!!” :confused:

Mr. Space City and treyk3 like this.
  17. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Why would we want Aaron Gordon again? His stats are middling except for this years 3pt% and he's just a 60% ft shooter. His stats look a lot like VO.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Speaking it into existence is a thing!

:)

19. riko

riko Member

Gordon wants to go to a wining situation and a place where he can brand himself.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Rockets have been shopping Oladipo in advance of Thursday’s trade deadline, and there have been varying reports regarding whether Oladipo holds any value. With the Oladipo experience surely over, ESPN Houston’s John Granato explained why the Rockets wouldn’t make the Oladipo trade again, if faced with the same option on The Bench.

“I talked to [Rockets owner] Tilman Fertitta the day they made the Oladipo trade. He was excited for Oladipo, to get him here with John Wall, another All-Star.

I think they thought they could change his mind. I don’t think they were familiar with his thinking.

They made a mistake bringing in Victor Oladipo. I think if they could do it again they’d take Caris LeVert and Jarrett Allen.

They should have done that. But Rafael Stone came up under Daryl Morey. He taught him that you’ve got to trade for a star.

He was a two-time All-Star. They always chase big names and Oladipo was a bigger name than either of those guys.”

https://spacecityscoop.com/2021/03/24/houston-rockets-regret-picking-oladipo-over-caris-levert-jarrett-allen/